[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I Join Hell's Angels?

SheikYerbuti

I just got back from riding all day, and it was great!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update bump since the insomnia's kicking in:

Against all of the smart advice in this thread, I did buy a motorcycle a few months ago. Browsed around ebay and found a 1983 Kawasaki 750 for less than $1000. I e-mailed the owner 3 times to find out the exact condition of the bike. He assured me it was in excellent condition and inspection ready. So, I bought it, had a friend transport it home and took it to a local mechanic who informed me that it was NOT in good shape and needed work. Lots of it. I felt really duped by the seller and thought about lodging a complaint but I'm not the type. I decided that even putting a bunch of work into it would be cheaper than most of the other bikes I was considering. It needed 2 new tires (the originals were dry rotted), a new battery, replacement floats in the carb, 3 gaskets to stop oil leaks, a new headlight and a new horn. The mechanic did a great job and it sounds and runs excellent now.

Most importantly I took a rider safety course at a local college. The free state-run courses are always sold out so I paid for the class. I'm very glad I did. It was well run and informative. One thing the instructor emphasised was that riding is as risky as you make it. If you follow the correct safety buffer distances, constantly scan ahead, wear the correct gear and ride in optimal conditions, then it's safe. The most important lesson was positioning in traffic and assuming the cars can't see you. It's all about defense, and so far I've never felt uncomfortable on the bike because I'm always making sure I have plenty of reaction time to anything that could happen. I also never ride on roads I'm not familiar with.

Since the weather's been cold, I haven't been able to get out too much. But I'm looking forward to this spring.

A little old lady wants to join a biker club. She knocks on the door of a local biker club and a big, hairy, bearded biker with tattoos all over his arms answers the door. She proclaims, "I want to join your biker club." The guy is amused and tells her that she needs to meet certain biker requirements before she is allowed to join.

So the biker asks her, "You have a bike?"

The little old lady says, "Yea, that's my Harley over there," and points to a Harley parked in the driveway.

The biker asks her, "Do you smoke?"

The little old lady says, "Yea, I smoke. I smoke 4 packs of cigarettes a day and a couple of cigars while I'm shooting pool."

The biker is impressed and asks, "Well, have you ever been picked up by the Fuzz?"

The little old lady says, "No, I've never been picked up by the fuzz, but I've been swung around by my nipples a few times."

An update bump since the insomnia's kicking in:

Against all of the smart advice in this thread, I did buy a motorcycle a few months ago. Browsed around ebay and found a 1983 Kawasaki 750 for less than $1000. I e-mailed the owner 3 times to find out the exact condition of the bike. He assured me it was in excellent condition and inspection ready. So, I bought it, had a friend transport it home and took it to a local mechanic who informed me that it was NOT in good shape and needed work. Lots of it. I felt really duped by the seller and thought about lodging a complaint but I'm not the type.

Not the type to what? Not the type to do something when you get flat-out lied to?

Bikes are dumb. Stick to a car. Oh and having a bike isn't cool, some think they are but they're not. :D Death Traps!!

Must.......not...........feed..........the..................troll...

..................:wacko:

Irish, maybe you're dumb and bikes aren't. Yep, that's pretty much it. And either say something and mean it or better yet just shut your pie hole, your little winks in every thread are not only weak but annoying. So go ahead and make your standard "Many well repected huddlers do like me but thanks for your input" post. :oldrolleyes:

Unfreakinbelievable.

:lightbulb:

Long over due, but you've made the grade, welcome to my ignore list. :D

Well, I did wind up getting a 750, realizing how uncool a smaller engine would have made me. . .

Happy motoring enjoy !

Must.......not...........feed..........the..................troll...

..................:D

Irish, maybe you're dumb and bikes aren't. Yep, that's pretty much it. And either say something and mean it or better yet just shut your pie hole, your little winks in every thread are not only weak but annoying. So go ahead and make your standard "Many well repected huddlers do like me but thanks for your input" post. :oldrolleyes:

Unfreakinbelievable.

:lightbulb:

Long over due, but you've made the grade, welcome to my ignore list. :D

You do realize that you not only responded to a post I made last August but put me on your ignore list for it. :wacko: My response about bikes was an emotional one as my sister's ex-boyfriend/fiance' was a moron who constantly rode around on his bike like a maniac. So, as you can imagine, I'm pretty pleased he's no longer in the picture. Any way I'm not a big fan of bikes as I do think they are very dangerous. However, best of luck with yours Sheik and sorry to hear about being screwed over about the condition of the bike you bought. Be safe and enjoy the cruising around, especially once the weather gets nice.

I think a bike would be cool, for about 5 minutes.

Around here in the summer it's gotta be brutal riding around with an engine between your legs.

Passed a guy riding a motorcycle the other morning on the way to work. It was cold and rainy. Felt sorry for him as I sat in my warm, dry SUV chomping on a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and listening to morning sports talk on the radio.

But have fun and be safe.

I'll bet irish thinks bikes are dumb ever since he hit the guy riding a bicycle with his car, then left the scene of the accident because the guy got upset at him that...irish hit him with his car. :wacko:

I don't want to take sides or anything, but Irish did echo a sentiment that was shared by about 7 or 8 others at the beginning of this thread and none of them are getting pounded for it. And I think it's a legitimate stance on the dangers of riding a bike.

OK, you may all return to bashing the guy. . .

I don't want to take sides or anything, but Irish did echo a sentiment that was shared by about 7 or 8 others at the beginning of this thread and none of them are getting pounded for it. And I think it's a legitimate stance on the dangers of riding a bike.

When you get comfortable, we can go for a blast if you want to. I think you aren't far from where I live down the shore.

When you get comfortable, we can go for a blast if you want to. I think you aren't far from where I live down the shore.

Sure. . .sounds like fun. Do you have a group that you ride with? Any good tours in the area you do regularly?

I actually live in EHT. Very close to you. What are you riding?

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Sure. . .sounds like fun. Do you have a group that you ride with? Any good tours in the area you do regularly?

I bet it's not a Jap bike :oldrazz:

J/K I just sold a 1983 Yamaha Virago 500 to my buddy for $750 (which was a good deal).

I like riding and when I can afford it I will be getting a bigger bike, 1000cc or up.

a moron who constantly rode around on his bike like a maniac. So, as you can imagine, I'm pretty pleased he's no longer in the picture.

You're happy someone lost their life one a motorcycle?

I think this is finally something that will get you removed, pleasure regarding the death of a human being is sick.

Why do you stay here if no one likes you? It's one thing not to be liked and know it, it's quite another to think you're 'one of the guys'. Plus, you post to much for someone with nothing to say.

You're happy someone lost their life one a motorcycle?

I think this is finally something that will get you removed, pleasure regarding the death of a human being is sick.

I think he was just saying that the guy is no longer engaged to his sister, and therefore isn't part of their lives. I don't think he was saying the guy died.

Why do you stay here if no one likes you?

That's an excellent question. Why, H8, do you think people post on sites where no one likes them??

I live in Ventnor, I ride a Soft tail 04'. I do ride with a group but not down here. Ther are alot of good rides though once springtime gets here.

Uh, no. People made thoughtful or funny posts. That other guy made a stoopid, deragatory, and insulting comment about something he once again knows absolutely nothing about. Go re-read those threads, you'll see the difference. If if that post had been made by anyone, I would have commented, calling them out. However, in the other guy's case, this has been his MO for a long time, senseless, clueless drivel. So, I've chosen not to have to read it anymore.

Carry on. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I think he was just saying that the guy is no longer engaged to his sister, and therefore isn't part of their lives. I don't think he was saying the guy died.

Nicely done. That's exactly what I meant. WOW!! To anyone thinking I'd be happy if someone died in a bike crash. Seriously, I can't imagine how you'd think that. :wacko:

Again the derogatory post I made was last August and have explained why I felt that why. I'm done here.

Hugh, you can still call me Irish. Saying "the other guy" is just so grammar school. Don't make me send you a PM asking if you like me- Bold yes or no to respond.

Edited by irish