[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to vent again

MrTed46

Hey guys,

August has not been my month at all. This is purely a vent post (and I dont mean to sound like a whiney lil b word). After all that has happened to me and my family the cherry on top is my phone bill. I NEVER go near my minutes on my phone bill which is only 450 minutes. Well this month I guess because of the construction of my new home and the flood (which knocked my regular phone service down) I went way over. I usually get billed at around $37 now I got billed almost $400.

I checked the bill and I did make all those calls. With all that has been happening I forgot to check my usage (so it is my fault). Life just sucks sometimes. I have never been so stressed in my entire life.

I know its just money and health is much much more important...but enough is enough. Not much more I can take.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by MrTed46

It's easy for me to say right now, but I really believe that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

That really sucks, however. Sounds like the absolute last thing you need right now. Hang in there.

Edited by Fatman

Had the exact same thing happen to me. After the storm we dropped our house phone & started using just our cell. Our phone bill came up over $400 as well. Man they really rip you a new one when you go over your minutes. :D

Same thing happened to my Dad when my Mom was hospitalized in July. Everyone was calling him and he was calling everyone via his cell phone, he never thought about the minutes. Bill came to $600! I suggested he call the phone company and explain what happened. He called them and they agreed to rebate $300!

Just goes to show if you don't ask....

Same thing happened to my Dad when my Mom was hospitalized in July. Everyone was calling him and he was calling everyone via his cell phone, he never thought about the minutes. Bill came to $600! I suggested he call the phone company and explain what happened. He called them and they agreed to rebate $300!

Just goes to show if you don't ask....

Was going to say... call them up, explain your situation... perhaps change to a higher rate plan (for a few months) and they can backlog the charges so you won't have to pay the overages, but maybe just the $20 or whatever for the higher plan.

I wish mine was $400 any month.

Mine is about that but with gas also.

Thanks guys I appreciate the positive feedback again. I hope I do get some good luck. I have never beeen so financially stressed in my entire life. I had a reserve of cash when I purchased my new home and thats slowly depleting. I am scared for the 1st time ever.

I am waiting for my good luck spree to begin.

its ok to turn the lights off every so often :D

If we are not in a room, the lights are generally off. At times my children, especially the 6 yr old has a problem with the concept, but for the most part if a room is unoccupied, the lights are off. We have ceiling fans in the majority of the rooms, and they stay on 95% of the time. Supposedly ceiling fans lower electrical consumption.