[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt

jjpro11

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...23?OpenDocument

he is still playing on a bad knee.. is it wrong to assume that this will linger throughout the year and cause him to possibly miss time? holt was my #1 rated wideout for the year and i have him on my main team. is anyone else going to explore trading him?

He shouldn't be ranked as your #1 WR. Period. FWIW, Holt feels his knee is on schedule, though I'm not sure how given that he had surgery in January and its still not at 100%. Holt said in early August that it was at 70%. But then he took a hit to the knee in last Friday's practice and it started swelling up on him again. The swelling should go down by Week 1. However, if he takes more shots to the knee during the season I'm sure we can expect more swelling that will slow him down.

Good thing that I drafted deep at WR and TE this year. Now if only Burress' back would get better... :D

Exactly. The one league I've got Holt in, I also have Owens, Andre Johnson, and Kevin Curtis. But I'd have passed on Holt had I known more about the knee at the time.

Exactly. The one league I've got Holt in, I also have Owens, Andre Johnson, and Kevin Curtis. But I'd have passed on Holt had I known more about the knee at the time.

I might have a Week 1 WR/TE lineup of Reggie Brown, Mushin Muhammad, and Vernon Davis in 12 Men. :D

Holt was going to be my 5th and final keeper in my league. My choice comes down to Holt and D. Ryans. What would some of you do? Holt is great when healthy but will he be? Ryans was awesome last year, and was the highest scoring defensive player. I pick 8th and I was thinking that Holt would get snatched up and I would have no chance of getting him back. Ryans has a better chance of making it to me since IDP's generally go later. Should I keep the sure thing in Ryans and take the best WR I can w/ my pick? Also I have S. Jackson and I usually don't like to have a RB/WR combo, but it worked well last year. Thoughts?

Wow, a lot of you are quick to jump off the bandwagon. I've got him as a keeper, and I still feel good about it.

I am with Menudo on this one. I have Holt in a couple redrafts and got him at 3.6 and 3.4. Leading up to the last few days he has been at or near the top of nearly every WR list in print. St. Louis has a great offense and a lighter passing schedule and Holt is a proven commodity. Now the guy is not even in some people's top 10. I certainly don't like the info I am hearing but I think we all tend to get a bit over-excited at these types of things. Thomas Jones hurts his ankle and he drops to 3.10 in two of my drafts. Driver hurts his foot and he is still on the board in the fifth round in one of my drafts. Guys rise and fall at the mention of a twisted something or a great pre-season game and we lap it up. You have to pay attention to injuries this time of year and make the best decisions you can but I am buying Holt.

Wow, a lot of you are quick to jump off the bandwagon. I've got him as a keeper, and I still feel good about it.

Not really worried, either. It's not incredibly difficult to make the playoffs in my league, and I'm sure that I can get by with minimal production from him early on.

Edited by Bill Swerski

when you look at Holt's career numbers...he's seemed to have peaked around 2003 and has slowly watered down the past 2 seasons...

he manages to play hurt...but I fear that he's paying in the long run for this...

I'd avoid him and consider another option

in a PPR...my 10 WR's looks like this I think...

1. CJ

2. TO

3. Smitty

4. Harrison

5. Fitz

6. Roy

7. Wayne

8. Boldin

9. Holt

10. AJ/Housh/Walker

What does this do to Bulger's ranking as well?

with Bennett as injury prone and Holt with his knee flaring up this early...

coupled with the talk of 2TE sets.....I expect a "steady diet" of SJax/McMichael/Klpfenstein ...after Holt even if he is hampered....I just don't see him getting more than 1300 yds and 7/8 TD's

I expect more ball control...

Hope you are right menudo ..I picked him high and I have other solid wr's bt still need holt at the very , very least to duplicate last years #'s

Two votes that Menudo is correct. I am in the same boat, as I took him as my #1WR ahead of Owens and Wayne last week just before news of his knee came out. I also need a solid year from Holt and think he will be do well, but just hope he warrants my #1 draft pick. Another case study of why drafts should not occur until after the preseson is entirely wrapped up.

It lowers it significantly until Holt returns. They don't have anybody to stretch defenses with him on the sideline.

Returns from what ? :D There is no indication that I've seen that he will miss any time at all.......