[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interception scoring

blueapple

Hi all,

I am in a league with friends thats been going strong for the last few years (Commish changes every year, about 1/3 of people each year are new). This year, our commish changed interceptions to -3 points. To me, when I saw it, I felt it was a bit excessive. (For the record, all TDs are worth 6 pts). And me having Kita, this won't help my cause at all.

I have a few questions for you all...

1) What is an interception worth in your league?

2) Does anyone have any information on what percentages of interceptions result in touchdowns in the following possession?

3) Any advice, other than to press for a vote to change it back to -2?

Thanks for your advice!

- Blue

He changed the rules after the draft?

You should find a new league. Something more stable. :D

Kitna will throw 1-2 interceptions this year. That is going to be roiughly 16-32 points for the year You will lose.

I wouldn't let it happen.

Well it's a very loose league... no rules, no money, just for fun with friends.

But it did kinda piss me off... I agree with you, and that Kitna's only downside (fantasy wise) is his INTs.

Hi all,

I am in a league with friends thats been going strong for the last few years (Commish changes every year, about 1/3 of people each year are new). This year, our commish changed interceptions to -3 points. To me, when I saw it, I felt it was a bit excessive. (For the record, all TDs are worth 6 pts). And me having Kita, this won't help my cause at all.

I have a few questions for you all...

1) What is an interception worth in your league?

2) Does anyone have any information on what percentages of interceptions result in touchdowns in the following possession?

3) Any advice, other than to press for a vote to change it back to -2?

Thanks for your advice!

- Blue

For what's it's worth, we have the same scoring in our league. I think the biggest factor is the commish changing it unilaterally. That should have been a league decision...and made prior to the draft.

Feild Goals are worth 3, not INT's. Think about what actually happens on the field. An interception can change momentum, field position and be the sole catalyst for a score, BUT IT IS NOT THE SCORE. Let the field goal get 3, the TD get 6 and the INT 2, at the most.

For what's it's worth, we have the same scoring in our league. I think the biggest factor is the commish changing it unilaterally. That should have been a league decision...and made prior to the draft.

I prefer INTs at -2 ... but would be TORQUED at a scoring change AFTER the draft. :D

Feild Goals are worth 3, not INT's. Think about what actually happens on the field. An interception can change momentum, field position and be the sole catalyst for a score, BUT IT IS NOT THE SCORE. Let the field goal get 3, the TD get 6 and the INT 2, at the most.

We also penalize RB, QB and WR -2 for fumbles lost...you'd hate our league. But, if you think about it, it makes some sense. If your league gives points for performance other than scoring (e.g., rushing yds; receiving yds; passing yds), why shouldn't you deduct points for major screw ups? Once you go down the road of awarding points for things other than actual scoring, you have to admit that it is not that odd to deduct points for things that also do not result in actual scoring.

we took a vote in our league (yes cash is involved) and voted against adding negative points for INT's......we looked at it b/c some QB's throw a bunch of picks early in a game....get down by 20 points then light it up in the 4th Q trying to come back and get rewarded for having a good game. Looking back on it I think we made the right choice for our league, though it would add some drama to the Monday night game if there was a close score in a game and a QB was still on the field.