[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gross, man.

abishagenaden

35 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bears win a game this year (just like in '06 against Ari) where Grossman tosses 4 INTs, 0 TDs, and loses 2 fumbles?

• Yes
    • No

I'm still seeing posts and opinions from all over the place, of people who for some reason still have some kind of 'hope' or optimism in Rex. Seriously, is this his last chance to prove himself in Chicago before he ends up in the CFL? I think I would only ever draft this guy in any of my leagues if I wanted a good laugh on Sunday mornings.

Sorry, the summer heat is just getting to me. Bored and restless.

Grossman would be a fine "spot starter" for a fantasy team using QBBC. Not an every week option though.

I voted YES, but I don't think it will happen. The news hype makes him a goat no matter what he does. If he was on a mediocre team, he'd get no attention at all! Bottom line is, I think he's on a shorter leash this season. If he f's up bad in a game they will pull him sooner. Not that we have great BU's, but camp showed a new(er) Orton. No, I'm not convinced, but the Bears have never had a great QB (Luckman aside)! QB's in Chi have never done well. If Rex can minimize mistakes we're in the SB. If not, the 'D' and ST can take us there. If the 'D'/ST f's up......we're 6-10!

Stupid poll.

From a fantasy perspective, I wouldn't rely on Rex week to week; he's not going to put up Manning/Palmer/Brees(?) type stats. In real life, you bashers are going to be eating your sacs. He can play.

Think about this for a moment...do you really think that you know more about this QB than the coaching staff who has nurtured him over the years? I know, I know, you play fantasy football and have dominated your local league for years, so obviously you know what you're talking about. But, a lot of people within the Bears organization who, by the way, spend all of their waking moments trying to better the team, seem to see something in him.

Check back with me around week 8. If I'm wrong, give me the usual huddle crap. If I'm right, say so.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Stupid poll.

From a fantasy perspective, I wouldn't rely on Rex week to week; he's not going to put up Manning/Palmer/Brees(?) type stats. In real life, you bashers are going to be eating your sacs. He can play.

Think about this for a moment...do you really think that you know more about this QB than the coaching staff who has nurtured him over the years? I know, I know, you play fantasy football and have dominated your local league for years, so obviously you know what you're talking about. But, a lot of people within the Bears organization who, by the way, spend all of their waking moments trying to better the team, seem to see something in him.

Check back with me around week 8. If I'm wrong, give me the usual huddle crap. If I'm right, say so.

I agree.

I dunno, I've been saying for years how bad Leftwich is, and the Jags finally cut him. Sometimes we see the situation better because we aren't the ones who invested a first round pick and all that money into a guy.

Okay, that's a well reasoned point. But, to that point, Garrard clearly outplayed Leftwich and made the decision pretty darn easy. Griese is a solid backup, but that's about it. He really didn't push Grossman the way that Garrad pushed Leftwich. Truth be told, the buzz in the Bears camp was about the strides Orton has made...don't laugh...I actually pay attention to this crap.

Stupid poll.

While, I somewhat agree... The problem is that you could make that argument with any football player. Example: If I said Leftwhich sucked a year ago, someone could claim that the people who are hired to do nothing but improve that football team disagree. They know more than me, blah blah blah. Turns out, that he really does suck and JAX finally figured it out. Could Rex go the same way? I think its definitely possible. I own him as a #2 QB in my local so I'm not that down on the guy. He puts up good FF numbers on occassion. I just think when he does bad...its SO bad that a team like Chicago might be better off with a QB with a lower ceiling but a higher floor. I'm a bit of a Bears fan and I hope they do well so we'll just have to see. This has to be a make or break year for the kid.

EDIT: Looks like Captain Hook was thinking the same thing.

Edited by Square