[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does this lineup affect a draft?

broncosn05

I know I hate it too, but I can't pass up a local FFL so I'm in this. It's a 12 team performance scoring. But don't want to make this so much about my league rather than such small starting lineups. Anyone been in something like this and what's your experience with the draft?

I'm in the 10 spot btw and if Peyton is there of the turn I don't think I can pass on him because of no PPR.

I know I hate it too, but I can't pass up a local FFL so I'm in this. It's a 12 team performance scoring. But don't want to make this so much about my league rather than such small starting lineups. Anyone been in something like this and what's your experience with the draft?

I'm in the 10 spot btw and if Peyton is there of the turn I don't think I can pass on him because of no PPR.

I'm confused by your post - isn't that a pretty standard lineup?

Draft kickers early and often. Running Backs are overvalued in this starting format. QBs are like TE's and TE's become like QBs.

Nothing wrong with that. Thats exactly what my long time local is (had a flex for a few years but went to TE a few years ago). QB passing TD's were worth 4 as well.

It really depends on the size of your bench, D scoring, pnt's per yd rush/rec and bonuses for length of FG.

In my league RB are definitely more important and getting 2 top WR are less due to starting only 2......Just my opinion.

If QB passing TDs are 6 pts, I don't see anything wrong with getting Manning or Palmer.

QBs being more valuable in 6 point passing formats is one of the most widely believed myths in football. Big Country has made a hobby out of debunking this in the FF advice column.

Edited by bushwacked

In a similar vein, some guys at my office started a league (i declined the invite because i feel that playing FF for no money is like playing poker for no money). The starting lineup is the same as broncos', but there are only 4 bench spots, which I couldn't believe. How does that affect draft strategy? Obviously it skews your picks more toward reliable players than big upside guys, but how do you fill out that bench? There is going to be so much WW action it would make me sick.

Having one less WR is affecting you? Its like there's no QB or 1 RB bronc. It's only 1 WR.

FWIW, please do NOT take a QB in round 1...IMHO, fill out your backs and receivers in the first four rounds.

QBs being more valuable in 6 point passing formats is one of the most widely believed myths in football. Big Country has made a hobby out of debunking this in the FF advice column.

Not really myth when you can see the point totals in this format. My big money league scores this way and Manning last year had over 500 points - the most of anyone last year. The fact is, the QB scores the most points of any other position and while you only start 1, it still makes a difference when a Manning gets you 500 and a Romo type gets you 350.

I play in a league with the same lineup format.

It depends on the overall scoring system but I've noticed that WRs are fairly devalued.

Guys take WRs pretty high but looking closely at the scoring system I can't see why though. (DMD's book really shed some light on how to do this)

Starting only 2 WRs does effect the draft strategy though imo. Some guys want 2 'stud' WRs but this strategy usually fails them as the position is still pretty deep (ie. a guy with a good WR1 and plug-play WR2 can often beat those 2 stud WRs). Again, this also relates to the WR scoring.

Also, it's a 1 player keeper league so most guys keep RBs... guys that shot for 2 stud WRs are still lacking at RB.

For example:

I had the #2 overall... I went SJax, A.Peterson, Brees (the top tier QBs are highly valued in this format), AJ, V.Davis (I know, a reach, but I had to have him and I started the TE run), Norwood, Santonio Holmes, J. Galloway, Hackett, A.Smith, Lendale, B.Marshall, B.Leonard etc etc

RBs=SJax, Peterson, Norwood, Lendale, Leonard (when free agency opened up I added Selvin Young too).

The teams that took 2 'stud' WRs were left VERY thin at RB... one team ended up with Steve Smith and Roy Williams. Pretty nice but not when his RBs are T.Henry, B. Jacobs, and M.Bell... and that's it. After doing a tier breakdown of WRs in my format, the projected point differential of Smith:AJ is only about 25 points. The projected differential between Roy W:Holmes OR Galloway is only about 16 points. And that's before considering the 'breakout' potential of Hackett or Marshall.

The same team above ALSO ended up with Lee Evans. Nice if he was in a 3 WR format but not so nice if he's riding the pine. If my WRs don't pan out I can trade one of my BACKUP RBs for one of his starting WRs, if necessary.

Edited by kingfish247

The teams that took 2 'stud' WRs were left VERY thin at RB... one team ended up with Steve Smith and Roy Williams. Pretty nice but not when his RBs are T.Henry, B. Jacobs, and M.Bell... and that's it.

call me crazy, but that's a pretty good duo of starting RBs when you only need to start 2 (and especially in a non-PPR league). The guy will definitely have to work on RB depth through waivers, etc., but a RB/WR set of Henry, Jacobs, Smith and Roy seems pretty ridiculous to me . . . in a good way.

call me crazy, but that's a pretty good duo of starting RBs when you only need to start 2 (and especially in a non-PPR league). The guy will definitely have to work on RB depth through waivers, etc., but a RB/WR set of Henry, Jacobs, Smith and Roy seems pretty ridiculous to me . . . in a good way.

I agree his two RBs look solid but they're hardly a slam dunk...

Henry already has had an MCL sprain. Even if coming into the season 100% healthy he's no lock to make it through the FF season without at least being limited in a few games.

Jacobs is in his first year as a starter with a veteran playing behind him.

Yes, those two are solid but he ended up with NOTHING to fall back on. He doesn't even own Henry's backup. Also, as I pointed out, the scoring format does not significantly favor using many high picks (rds 2-6) on WRs since there is very little difference between the 1st to 2nd tier and 2nd to 3rd tiers.

I'd also say there's more depth to be had via waivers at WR vs RB.

Edited by kingfish247