[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Dallas Cowboy Countdown to Playoffs Thread

Cowboyz1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Week 10

Cowboys 31 NY Pee Wees 20 :D:D:wacko::D:D;):headbang:yawn:

Record 8-1 (that's right 8 and 1)

Division 3-0

COWBOYS STOMP GIANTS AT THE MEADOWLANDS

First off, I would like to thank one man for putting all this together and that is Bill Parcells. Thank you Bill. You will not be forgotten in my book and while I know you sit on ESPN and watch your creation fly, you should be pleased and not forgotten. Wade may have been what the team needed this year but without your talent evaluation and team building this team is no where near as mentally tough as it is now. Let us not forget the MAN who put this talent together. I also have to give Jerry his due also, Grudgingly. He took some chances but I credit Bill with all the talent we have.

You were waiting for this thread and here it is. It's been some time now since we had a team go 8-1, have a franchise QB lighting it up, lead the division by 3 games, and flat out beat down our arch rivals in their house in back to back games. Safe to say the Cowboys are kicking a$$ and taking names this year. No more close games, no more, mistake prone QB play, no more blown coverages. Let's knock on wood and hope it continues.

Well now it's getting serious and Romo is getting serious too.......Going into the land of the Giants, Romo and Co. came up big while Eli did his standard disappearing act. Often looking dazed and confused, Eli had no answer for the Phillips 3-4. He got to the line of scrimmage and looked lost asking himself, where's the linebacker? Who's coming? Oh crap out of time...........5 yard delay of game penalty or time out as if to say, what the heck kind of defense is this? Say what you want about this D, but it is getting better and better every week.

The game plan was simple, on defense put RW on Shockey (in essence let Shockey get his because he's not going to run away from anyone), but shut down Plax and Toomer. Stuff that big knuckle dragging mouth of a running back Jacobs and hit him in his knees every chance you get. They did just that.

On Offense, do what they have been doing, put up 30+ with strikes to TO and Crayton. It is obvious this "pick your poison" O is working. Take away whomever you like but Romo will find the open man because you can't cover all our weapons. Play coverage and JJ and Barber will pound on you all day. OSI.....Handled by Flo all day, Strahan.....punked by Colombo, where was Tuck and Pierce and all those pass rushers everyone was yacking about? Shuffling home with an empty stat line as a result of stellar O line play that's where. This O line is for real also.

I'm getting the feeling this team is special and this three game division stretch is huge. Up next Washington who depends on the run so you know what's going to happen. If you thought Eli was confused wait until you see Campbell’s eyes this week at Texas Stadium when he walks that gauntlet to the line and Ware and Co. are moving all around on him.

A win this week effectively clinches the East. Now that is saying something 12 weeks into the season.

Get ready fellas, the Cowboys are back and they look seriously good...........

Romo 23 scores and 2500 yards

TO 855 yards and 8 scores

Witten 42 grabs for 629 and 5 scores

Crayton 466 yards and 5 scores

and this is week 10 fellas. 6 more games to go in the regular season.

This offense is GREAT and matched with a healthy Phillps made D, this team will be very powerful indeed. Can't wait to see this team play each week.

Also nice to see we helped nudge the Giants into their second half collapse.

No matter what happens from here on out, I know we will be in contention for years to come. This team is young and talented, with one of those QBs you only find once every few decades. Romo is the real deal guys and it is so nice to have a dependable QB that makes plays week in and week out. I love the guy and I'm so happy for him, he's a great kid and will make a great CHAMPION!

Until next weeks beating, this is Cowboyz1 bring it to you each and every week.........GO BOYS! HOOT HOOT............

Edited by Cowboyz1

:D Good call on Mr. Bill's influence here. Have to give your boys props, they came in to our house and effectively shut down our vaunted pass rush. Romo played at an outstanding level all day, TO did what he seems to do every time against us.

All tied up at the half ,seemed like it was going to be a very close contest. Then Eli regressed into his "deer in the headlight" mode and we took some bad penalties, the one that took Jacobs long TD off the board comes to mind. Mr. Ware also deserves mention for playing a great game, he creates havoc on the line and got his hands on a ball or two also, seems I heard his name mentioned an awful lot .

Great game for your side, & good luck the rest of the way, you will need it; a lot can happen in 7 weeks.

I found a few stats I thought were interesting; Thanks to Mike Eisen.

Romo has thrown eight of the 16 touchdown passes allowed by the Giants this season.

*Romo threw four touchdown passes, including two to Terrell Owens, for the second time this season against the Giants.

Owens and Green Bay’s DeShawn Wynn are the only opposing players to score twice vs. the Giants this season.

*Dallas swept the season series for the first time since 2003 and leads the all-time regular season series, 54-35-2.

Under Coughlin, the Giants are 3-7 in games in which the opponent scores an opening-possession touchdown.

*Michael Strahan sacked Tony Romo for a four-yard loss on the final play of the first quarter. It was Strahan’s fifth of the season, increasing his career total to 137.5. That ties him with Richard Dent for fifth place on the NFL’s career list.

Strahan now has 18.0 sacks vs. Dallas, his second-highest total among opposing teams. He has 21.5 sacks vs. Philadelphia. Romo is the 62nd different quarterback Strahan has sacked.

Till next time. :D:wacko:

Edited by Front Row

:wacko: Good call on Mr. Bill's influence here. Have to give your boys props, they came in to our house and effectively shut down our vaunted pass rush. Romo played at an outstanding level all day, TO did what he seems to do every time against us.

All tied up at the half ,seemed like it was going to be a very close contest. Then Eli regressed into his "deer in the headlight" mode and we took some bad penalties, the one that took Jacobs long TD off the board comes to mind. Mr. Ware also deserves mention for playing a great game, he creates havoc on the line and got his hands on a ball or two also, seems I heard his name mentioned an awful lot .

Great game for your side, & good luck the rest of the way, you will need it; a lot can happen in 7 weeks.

I found a few stats I thought were interesting; Thanks to Mike Eisen.

Romo has thrown eight of the 16 touchdown passes allowed by the Giants this season.

*Romo threw four touchdown passes, including two to Terrell Owens, for the second time this season against the Giants.

Owens and Green Bay’s DeShawn Wynn are the only opposing players to score twice vs. the Giants this season.

*Dallas swept the season series for the first time since 2003 and leads the all-time regular season series, 54-35-2.

Under Coughlin, the Giants are 3-7 in games in which the opponent scores an opening-possession touchdown.

*Michael Strahan sacked Tony Romo for a four-yard loss on the final play of the first quarter. It was Strahan’s fifth of the season, increasing his career total to 137.5. That ties him with Richard Dent for fifth place on the NFL’s career list.

Strahan now has 18.0 sacks vs. Dallas, his second-highest total among opposing teams. He has 21.5 sacks vs. Philadelphia. Romo is the 62nd different quarterback Strahan has sacked.

Till next time. :D:D

Front Row, your class is noted and always enjoy jawing with ya. :D

I think we may being a little hard on Eli to be truthful. He is in NY and Paytons Brother for one. Second he is a first round draft pick and was thrown to the wolves unlike Romo who had time to develope and mature on the bench. He does look confused though and that isn't good with his experience. I think he needs better weapons around him, cause I still think Plax is a head case more then he is a leader on and off the field.

Glad to know ya Row and good luck to your and your club also. We will meet again. Till next time it is...........and don't count on beating us for a while though as this club is loaded for Trophies :D

Davis hurts his ankle in practice today. Hope he is ok. Sending thoughts of speedy recovery LD........

Doesn't sound like it's too serious. Heard on NFL Network that he may practice on Friday.

All things considered, I am excited about the way this team is playing right now. Much of that does go to Parcells for buiilding a solid front seven mostly through the draft with Ware, Canty, Spears, Ratliffe and Burnett. Then throw in MBIII and JJones, all of those picks are paying dividends now. This young group is starting to gel and plat very well together. With the veterans giving solid play and sound leadership this team can go far. Even though Bill helped to build the team, Wade has them playing together as a team. And let's not forget the job that Garrett is doing as OC calling the plays. Always aggressive and never give up.

The Deadskins are a team in on the verge of collapsing. Their offense is way too conservative and very predicatable. Even though Portis has played well over the past couple of games, I don't understand why they don't mix it up with Betts every now and then. And the WR's are a mess right now. Moss is out with a heel (he might play) Thrash is out with a leg injury, and yesterday that great acquisition Brandon Lloyd breaks his clavicle. So now the receiving threats are Cooley, Randle El and grandpa McCardell. This should be a lot of 3 and outs for ther Boys D. Which will lead to a very tired WAS defense in the 2nd half.

Hopefully it won't be a classic set up game. I doubt it. I'm going 38-13. MBIII scores 1, TO gets 2, Witten gets one, and the Defense gets a TD. Looking forward to another big win and a sad week here in Washington.

Week 11

Cowboys 28 Skins 23 :D:D:wacko::D:D;):headbang:yawn::bio:

Record 9-1

Division 4-0

TO TOO MUCH FOR THE SKINS

This was a great game. Skins hung in their until the bitter end but the Boys were just to potent for them. Campbell impressed but when it counted Newman picked him.

To say TO went off would be an understatement. He just flat out took the game over. Romo is gonna be a great QB for years to come.

Cowboys can do what no other Cowboys team has done in history and that is go 10-1.

Romo can break a lot of the Cowboys Records for QB this week.

Welcome to History fellas. The Boys can all but clinch a playoff birth with a win on Turkey day.

Go Boys

Week 11

Cowboys 34 J E T S ...3 :D:D:wacko::D:D;):headbang:yawn::bio::D

Record 10-1

Division 4-0

Cowboys set franchise record with 10-1 record as no Cowboys team has ever been 10-1. It's safe to say the Cowboys are going to be in the playoffs and with a win next week at home throughout.............D is getting better and better.

Boys just flat out pounded the tired Jets.

First Game Roy WIlliams gets moved from coverage. Hope it continues but I will tell you now that Roy is playing hurt because I have watched closely every week and he does not hit with his shoulders like he use to. So be it but we can expect an improvement in coverage as Roy will now be moved to LB with an extra CB. That is the way we will beat the Pats. Henry back and Roy at LB or off the field.

On to the Packers............

I AM LOVING THIS SEASON :bash:

COWBOYS ROMO THE CHEESEHEADS, CLINCH PLAYOFF BIRTH IN NOVEMBER!

Cowboys 37 Packers 27 :D:D:wacko::D:D;):headbang:yawn::bio::D:bash:

Record 11-1

Division 4-0

The Cowboys continue their record breaking season. Adding several more records to the year.

11-1 franchise record

Romo 33 Touchdown passes franchise record

TO 14 touchdown passes franchise record

Romo to TO 27 touchdown passes in 24 games. franchise combo record

With four games left in the season. Are you kiddin me! Let me soak this in some.....................................Yeah, that feels goooooooooood.

The game played out pretty much how I said it would, so I just pasted what I said (below) BEFORE the game to sum this one up for ya.

QUOTE(Cowboyz1 @ 11/24/07 3:57am)

First let me say, I like Farve, always have, I must give ole Ironman his due. He lives for games like this. However, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Tony Romo.

This is how this game shakes out for me. GB is playing good football and it starts and ends with Farve. GB IS A VERY YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM. Farve is surrounded by kids that were still sucking on mama's nipples while he was throwing touchdowns on the real frozen tundra. The Cowboys are young also but mature at all the right positions.

Cowboys have the team that is mature enough Physically and mentally (thanks Bill) to put it on the field in a big game.

O line- Mature Defense plows

D line- RB nightmares and QB hounds.

Receivers- TO, Witten, Crayton

RB- Barber the Beast

GB is a house of cards.

The Ace Brett Farve, makes this team a flush or 2,3,4,5,7(a hand full of crap).

Driver, Woodson, Cole, KGB all nicked up with Woodson and KGB's injuries not looking good. Wish they were at full strength.

The Cowboys will use "Pressure the Leader" game plan. Once these kids see Farve go down enough times and balls thrown high and wide, while their getting lit up trying to catch em, it's over. Farve will pay for every touchdown he throws in this game. I suspect he will throw 3 but will pay dearly for each and every one. The Cowboys D is coming hard and GB’s line will not hold up.

Cowboy’s O line "dominates" Kampman just like they controlled OSI and Kearse and Tuck, and Strahan, and all the other pass rushers touted to be scary pass rushers. Flo and Colombo will handle em PERIOD.

Meanwhile, (RELEASE THE HOUNDS) Ware and Ellis and Canty and Spears will pressure Farve into mistakes. There will be no running room for the Rook Grant. It will all be all on Farve and if your thinking Roy Williams will be abused all day, Wade gave us a little taste of how to get him out of coverage and into opposing backfields where he belongs. Henry should be good to go for this one so this will be the first game our two starting CBs will be on the field together and Reeves is playing some very sound coverage as of late.

Romo goes for 300+ and 4 TD's as Harris is no match for TO and Hawk will have to play a huge game to keep up with Witten and if he does that, then Crayton will kill you on crossing routes underneath and/or Barber will run them into the ground. Hawk holds the 2nd level together from what I see and him chasing TE's and WR all day breaks up the mix.

THE COWBOYS ARE JUST TOO PHYSICAL FOR THIS YEARS YOUNG PACKER TEAM!

GB's D will not get to Romo and they will wear down in the second half. There is a reason the Cowboys have outscored opponents by so much in the second half. This team is BIG and Powerful, Everywhere and if you plan on knocking heads with them for 60 minutes you had better pack two lunches. One for the first half, and one for the second.

Sad to say, Farve gets beat up in this one. I just don't see him having the patience to dink and dunk ALL game which is what he will have to do to stay clean. He is a warrior but he is going to take a beating as this D line is getting better and faster every week and they are giving QB's some serious shots just at the moment of release.

Farve can do magic but he has to be running out of rabbits. Romo on the other hand, the curtain has just been pulled, and from what we can tell so far, he's got his got his own bag of tricks and it's a pretty big bag.

MOUNT UP BOYS, History's waiting!

Cowboys 34 Packers 24 (if it were in GB I would say it would be closer but in Texas, no go)

Next stop, Home field and first round bye. OH WHAT A YEAR...........Bye the way. Thanks Bill, I know your out there somewhere smiling and we haven't forgot about you, it has to be rewarding watching this team. You too Jerry, gotta hand it to you, you brought all these guys in and paid um (Ellis, TO).

Most of all, excellent Job Cowboys Coaching staff. Gotta hand it to you. You have put together one heck of a year and a well oiled machine of a team. Keep up the good work.

Next stop, the motor city. Can't wait for that one. 10 days rest should make for quite a fresh outing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Week 14

Cowboys 28 Lions 27 :D:D:wacko::D:D;):headbang:yawn::bio::D:bash::)

Record 12-1

Division 4-0

COWBOYS CLINCH DIVISION TITLE First since 1998

In a nail bitter Romo Lore is taking shape as he is re-writing the record books in TD in a season, 300 yard games in a season, Total Yards in a season and dare I say a deep run in the 2007 playoffs.

This is looking like a magical year boys.

Defesnse was surprised by the Lions running the ball but was put in check in the second half with only 7 points givin up and 45 second half rushing yards. I like the way this team makes adjustments.

Witten had a HUGE game with 15 grabs and the game winning touchdown after fumbling on the one on the previous series.

Seems like Romo makes me feel like every time he drops back to throw it will be a completion and given a chance he will find a way to win.

Next stop Philly at home where we can all but wrap up home field and a first round bye.

Cowboys can also do what no other Cowboys team has done in history and go 15-1. Now that is saying something.

GO BOYS.

Edited by Cowboyz1

This thread has been starring at me since week one. I hate it. DMD please delete this thread as I believe there are racist remarks, political remarks and someone is calling someone bad names.

:D

You'll get your shot soon enough to put a smear in this thread...................Until then...... :D

Eagles 10 Cowboys 6 :D:wacko:

Record 12-2

Division 4-1

COWBOYS STUMBLE AGAINST THE HATED EAGLES Clinch first round Bye anyway with Hawks loss. :D

Wow the offense looked WAY off. I know this though, if Romo hits TO on that wide open deep ball this game is totally different. Romo and co. was just sleep walking. Passes were off target and it just looked like the team took a day off. I have to give credit to the Eagles D as they were flying around the ball.

Props to Westbrook for that play at the one, I even thought, we could pull this one out if we got the ball back and that is saying something. Despite all the poor play I still believed they could pull it out but Westboook snuffed out any thoughts of a comeback with a heads up play evoked by Runyan a smart vet yelling at westy to go down at the one instead of scoring. That;s smart football :D

Romo threw 3 picks trying to force the ball to TO while their were open recievers elsewhere. Thumb or no Thumb he was off from the first snap.

What the heck happened to the running game? In a 10-6 ball game we abandon the run. I hope that was a very good lesson that won't be forgotten come playoff time. Run the ball when the passing game is off. Don't force what's not working. We have a PRO BOWL back in Barber so give it to him.

The Cowboys D did a great job keeping us in the game but for the O to score zero touchdowns is obviously an aberation.

At least we clinched the bye with a little help from the Seahawks.

Had some injury scares as Canty(knee should play this week) Gurode (knee not sever but will be out this week), Watkins (turned ankle will be out this week) and Romo (thumb should be ok to go on Saturday).

Proctor came in a did well but Gurode needs to be 100% for the Playoffs so I hope they rest him.

To think all I needed to win the Championship in my league was a TD from Romo or Barber. I get nada. So goes the FF season for me.

GO BOYS.

2 left to win and it's home for the Playoffs. Focus Boys Focus.

Apparently, Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has the same problem a lot of Americans do: He doesn't get NFL Network.

Appearing on ESPN Radio's GameNight tonight, Houshmandzadeh was asked if he wanted to see the Patriots get through their final two opponents to wrap up the first 16-0 regular season in league history. He said he was torn. Then, he said this:

"I would like to see them get to the Super Bowl. It'll be real interesting to see how they match up with Green Bay's corners."

Apparently, Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has the same problem a lot of Americans do: He doesn't get NFL Network.

Appearing on ESPN Radio's GameNight tonight, Houshmandzadeh was asked if he wanted to see the Patriots get through their final two opponents to wrap up the first 16-0 regular season in league history. He said he was torn. Then, he said this:

"I would like to see them get to the Super Bowl. It'll be real interesting to see how they match up with Green Bay's corners."

Green Bay will get handled the same way we handled them before. As it looks Glenn will be back in the line up. NO WAY they handle this offense. Isn't Housh the same guy who predicted that Cincy was going to be a Playoff team this year. "Look at all the talent we have on this team".

Green Bay does not worry me, at ALL. Good team but very young and Farve can't do it alone. Pressure and pounding is in store if we meet again for Farve that is................

I say it now Cowboys 31 Green Bay 20 when and if they meet again.

The Cowboys are the only NFC team with the fire power to stay with New England and Beat the best team ever. Period.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Green Bay will get handled the same way we handled them before. As it looks Glenn will be back in the line up. NO WAY they handle this offense. Isn't Housh the same guy who predicted that Cincy was going to be a Playoff team this year. "Look at all the talent we have on this team".

Green Bay does not worry me, at ALL. Good team but very young and Farve can't do it alone. Pressure and pounding is in store if we meet again for Farve that is................

I say it now Cowboys 31 Green Bay 20 when and if they meet again.

The Cowboys are the only NFC team with the fire power to stay with New England and Beat the best team ever. Period.

If Green Bay doesn't worry you guys why do you keep saying it so loudly?

If Green Bay doesn't worry you guys why do you keep saying it so loudly?

Most of the green bay Dallas chatter is initiated by the Packers fans on the boards. We are merely counter punching. You started the thread about Dallas injuries vs Philly helping GB and More pressure on Dallas so the boys fans , as any fan worth his salt would do regardless of their team, Responded.

Edited by whomper