[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominic Rhodes?

IrishPride

Okay Irish I am a little confused. I get the original title. My personal opinion is that Rhodes will not be a major contributor on that team when he comes back, especially if Jordan continues to produce. I am confused at the "no morals" part of your opening. As for your squad, ehhhh. Without knowing other teams rosters it is hard to say but I guess your strength is in your WR's and TE. I just can't see this team making a serious playoff run unless a lot of things happen. Maybe send Rhodes to the Jordan owner, maybe test the market for one of your WR's, but that team is not built for the long haul.

4 game suspension was the morals part, I have tried every trick in the book to make this team better, 12 man league is to deep for free agents and waiver wire stuff, Just fishing for info.......I think I'm doomed and its the second week, The best offer I got was Betts for K.Jones and thats purely a passing team now and forever.......Not knowing the league makes it tough but with injuries I may be able to salvage a decent season..I have Taylor,Pittman,Betts,Rhodes I have some handcuffs, just need injuries.........6 teams make the playoffs? Thanks for reading my thread.......

Edited by IrishPride

4 game suspension was the morals part, I have tried every trick in the book to make this team better, 12 man league is to deep for free agents and waiver wire stuff, Just fishing for info.......I think I'm doomed and its the second week, The best offer I got was Betts for K.Jones and thats purely a passing team now and forever.......Not knowing the league makes it tough but with injuries I may be able to salvage a decent season..I have Taylor,Pittman,Betts,Rhodes I have some handcuffs, just need injuries.........6 teams make the playoffs? Thanks for reading my thread.......

Don't give up on it yet. Put your best team out there and see what happens over the next few weeks. You have some firepower catching the ball so you can win some games. Jake to Smith can get you double. If the sh#t hits the fan then you may have to look at working with your best players and revamping, but I have seen much worse.

This offseason, alotta Raider fans were speculating that Jordan/Rhodes would play a Lendale White/Reggie Bush role reminscent of the SC offense.

Just FWI.

IMO they will be using Rhodes, they didn't give him 3 mill to sit on the bench. He runs hard and Jordan is frequently dinged anyway.

IMO they will be using Rhodes, they didn't give him 3 mill to sit on the bench.

Well, to be accurate, even if the Raiders were paying Rhodes his full salary this year + his signing bonus, it's only 2.5 million, not 3 million.

But with no game checks for Rhodes during his 4 game suspension, the Raiders are paying him just a little over 2 million this year & with the 1 million bonus no doubt being spread over the two years of his contract, he would show on the Raiders books for just a tad over 1.5 million this year.

There's plenty of 1.5 million benchwarmers in the NFL.

The Raiders are sure to approach Rhodes about restructuring his contract next year (no way they pay him 5 million). If Rhodes refuses to renegoitiate, they'll simply cut him & carry the small cap charge of 1/2 a million from spreading his bonus. Or even better for the Raiders, just wait till after June to cut him & then only carry a 1/4 million cap charge for 2008 / 2009.

IMO, Rhodes salary is not the determining factor regardng his playing time. To me it's all about Jordan. If Jordan keeps playing like he did this past weekend + the fact that we definitely know Jordan is quite capable of being a 3 down back, Rhodes will likely come in just to give him a breather every now & then.

My .02 anyway :D

Good pooint about the money, but they targeted Rhodes becasue he has the skills they like and their RB depth is crapola.

I won't judge the situation by whether or not Jordan can be a workhorse. I don't believe he can personally. We did find a couplea seasons ago that Jordan can catch the ball, but last year we found he can turn that off too... either way, they like what Rhodes brings to the table and I think they'll take a commitee approach this season

Once Bush comes into the picture who knows...

Good pooint about the money, but they targeted Rhodes becasue he has the skills they like and their RB depth is crapola.

I won't judge the situation by whether or not Jordan can be a workhorse. I don't believe he can personally. We did find a couplea seasons ago that Jordan can catch the ball, but last year we found he can turn that off too... either way, they like what Rhodes brings to the table and I think they'll take a commitee approach this season

Once Bush comes into the picture who knows...

It wasn't Jordan who turned off his pass catching ability. That would rest squarely on the shoulders of the OC's play calling last year. Tough for any RB to catch passes, let alone Jordan, when none are being thrown to the RB. :D

As far as drafting Bush goes...I wonder what Al is going to give the Falcons, to be able to move up & get him? :D

Also keep in mind that Rhodes was an UNDRAFTED FA that the Colt's brought into their system. His stats over the last several years were:

Year G GS Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD

2006 16 16 187 641 3.4 5 36 251 7.0 0

2005 13 1 40 118 2.9 4 12 88 7.3 0

2004 16 0 53 254 4.8 1 2 24 12 0

2003 11 0 37 157 4.2 0 6 62 10.3 1

2002 Did not play

2001 15 10 233 1104 4.7 9 34 224 6.6 0

His best year in the Colt's system was the year he covered for Edge. Dom used his play in the SB, and his rep as a solid backup to get his "payday" from Oakland. As others have said, if he was that good, he would have gotten bigger money from a bunch of other teams.........He got average money from a crappy team.

Dom was good in the Colt's system. IMHO, I believe he will be a decent backup in case Jordon goes down, and or a change of pace back, but if there's any RBBC, I would venture to say it would be a 75/25 split. (IMO)

Edited by Big Dogs

Desmond Howard = Larry Brown = Dominic Rhodes

Guys in the right place, right time. Kudos on nice Super Bowls and parlaying that into overpriced deals.

Dominic's deal really isn't that great either (only $1 million bonus). 2 years $7.5 million. Making little over $2 million total this year(bonus inc.) docking the $350,000 for the 4-game suspension. Due $5 million in 2008. (None of which he'll see IMO).

Edited by cory_n_az

Also keep in mind that Rhodes was an UNDRAFTED FA that the Colt's brought into their system. His stats over the last several years were:

Year G GS Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD

2006 16 16 187 641 3.4 5 36 251 7.0 0

2005 13 1 40 118 2.9 4 12 88 7.3 0

2004 16 0 53 254 4.8 1 2 24 12 0

2003 11 0 37 157 4.2 0 6 62 10.3 1

2002 Did not play

2001 15 10 233 1104 4.7 9 34 224 6.6 0

His best year in the Colt's system was the year he covered for Edge. Dom used his play in the SB, and his rep as a solid backup to get his "payday" from Oakland. As others have said, if he was that good, he would have gotten bigger money from a bunch of other teams.........He got average money from a crappy team.

Dom was good in the Colt's system. IMHO, I believe he will be a decent backup in case Jordon goes down, and or a change of pace back, but if there's any RBBC, I would venture to say it would be a 75/25 split. (IMO)

I'm not saying he's a gonna be a stud or a great scorer, but I believe coach brough him in to give him some play. He looked good in preseason, and alotta people think he fits well in this zone blocking scheme... I just think if you want a part of the Raiders running game it'd be wise to consider him.

Jordan and Rhodes have extremely similar career stats... Jordan certainly hasn't done anything in the league Dom hasn't and I don't see their talent being real far apart...although to look at Jordan you'd assume he'd be more capable of carrying the load.

Last season Jordan was garbage, yeah the offense was horrible, but he was bad right along with it dropping alotta passes and playing almost as if he was distracted or disinterested.

That's why a superstar like Jordan had to take a huge pay cut this offseason to stay on a crappy Raiders roster that had no other legit NFL backs, and one a the reasons an absolute scrub like Justin Fargas lead the team in rushing last year.

The funny part is my RB's are so pathetic we have to have this discussion, RB Travis Henry, RB Betts, BN Taylor, BN Pittman, BN Rhodes :D I was just wondering with the state of my team if Rhodes was worth keeping around.....I guess he is based on the thread but a couple of injuries to Peterson,Portis,Caddy...............I have a better than average team......I need some fantasy football vodoo........... :D

Desmond Howard = Larry Brown = Dominic Rhodes

Guys in the right place, right time. Kudos on nice Super Bowls and parlaying that into overpriced deals.

Dominic's deal really isn't that great either (only $1 million bonus). 2 years $7.5 million. Making little over $2 million total this year(bonus inc.) docking the $350,000 for the 4-game suspension. Due $5 million in 2008. (None of which he'll see IMO).

Good info here.

I sincerely thank Rhodes for what he did last season and am glad that he got a nice contract because of it. But anybody who has bothered to watch the Colts during the regular season over the past few years has seen one of two Dominic Rhodes: (1) the one on IR or (2) the one that spelled Edge/Addai and looked like he was wearing cinder blocks on his feet. Rhodes was never the same after the ACL injury and, for some reason, Al Davis didn't notice his 3.4 yds/carry average last year. That's really bad, considering the offense he's on. As Kenton Keith showed briefly last Thursday, just about any halfway decent back can put up solid numbers in the Colts' system.

And to counter some of the misinformation posted by embarrassed Patriots fans yesterday, there's no evidence that Rhodes' current suspension was due to steroid or HGH use (IIRC, there isn't even a league-approved test for the latter right now). Per the CBA rules, the substance that he was found to be "abusing" was not reported. Given that the suspension came on the heels of his DUI arrest, it is possible that it was alcohol.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• 2 weeks later...
The funny part is my RB's are so pathetic we have to have this discussion, RB Travis Henry, RB Betts, BN Taylor, BN Pittman, BN Rhodes :D I was just wondering with the state of my team if Rhodes was worth keeping around.....I guess he is based on the thread but a couple of injuries to Peterson,Portis,Caddy...............I have a better than average team......I need some fantasy football vodoo........... :D

I see you went ball$ to the wall with the Rattass theory. Nothing like a good ol' dose of Betts (maybe 1 point a week) and Taylor (0 points a week thus far) to tide you over. Unfortunately, you will have to downgrade your receivers. Most likely Smith and not right now. You'lll have to wait for a big game. Trade him for a middle of the road RB (target TJ, McGahee, Jacobs, someone of that ilk) and look at a Javon Walker or a WR who has been greatly underperforming and hope for a 2nd half turnaround. Moving Gates is also a great option since you already have Daniels, who should be better than average.

Or...just wait and see. Give it another week or two. At that point you will have to make a trade if an injury has not given you any light. What about picking up a backup with upside - Morris, Stecker, Watson?

AS FAR As RHODES goes...why on earth would a team scrap a guy who has momentum and is the leading rusher in the league? Crazy as it sounds, it's true. Rhodes is an expensive but worthy insurance policy and Kifflin, if nothing else, has already rpoven that he sticks with his guys through it all - see McCown. I don't think Rhodes will have any value until Jordan goes down with an injury (knock on wood) for any length of time, just like most other backups in the NFL rushing behind the proven, workhorse back.

Edited by Gros Membres!