[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominic Rhodes?

IrishPride

Rhodes outplayed Jordan in preseason. They had to let Jordan play in the last two games because he was going to be the starter for the first 4 weeks. Remember, they just spent a fortune on Rhodes in the off season. Week 6, out of the bye week, you will probably see a committee. But, after that, whoever performs the best will be the starter. So, if you don't need someone until week 6, and you can get this guy, you could end up with a starter.

Rhodes outplayed Jordan in preseason. They had to let Jordan play in the last two games because he was going to be the starter for the first 4 weeks. Remember, they just spent a fortune on Rhodes in the off season. Week 6, out of the bye week, you will probably see a committee. But, after that, whoever performs the best will be the starter. So, if you don't need someone until week 6, and you can get this guy, you could end up with a starter.

I agree with this. If you can stash him as an RB5 I say do it. If you get impatient, deal him if he makes a splash after week 6 but there's no telling what Oak will be doing by say, week 10 except that Jamarcus Russell will in all likelihood NOT be the starter.

Rhodes outplayed Jordan in preseason.

See below.

They had to let Jordan play in the last two games because he was going to be the starter for the first 4 weeks.

1. You must be smoking bad crack....Jordan played two snaps in Week 4....Rhodes carries 10 times.

2. Here are their lines from Preseason Week 4; Jordan barely played (so I'm not sure where you get "they had to let Jordan play the last two games"):

Name ATT YDS TDs Longest

D. Rhodes 10 29 0 9

L. Jordan 2 18 0 10

Rhodes was a whopping 2.9 YPC against the Seahawks back-ups.

3. From Preseason Week 2:

L. Jordan 8 67 1 32

D. Rhodes 5 5 0 4

Jordan 8.1 YPC, Rhodes a pathetic 1.0 YPC

4. From Preseason Week 1:

ATT YDS TD Longest

D. Rhodes 8 21 1 13

L. Jordan DNP

Another stellar 2.6 YPC day

Sooooo....please tell us again exactly how did Rhodes outplayed Jordan in preseason?

Remember, they just spent a fortune on Rhodes in the off season.

They did? :wacko:

The deal is reported to be worth $7.5 million over two years. The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus and a $1.5 base salary for the 2007 season.

Rhodes' contract with the Raiders includes language that will dock his pay if Rhodes ever receives an NFL imposed suspension stemming from the arrest according to an NFL source.

:D

To begin with, 7.5 mil is chump change in the NFL, the Raiders have covered themselves with the included suspension language, they can cut him in a New York second next year if they want to & on top of all that, it looks to be pretty incentive laden to me. :D

If that's spending a fortune on Rhodes, then I'll get Swerski to eat spain's shorts.

P.S. Bill, you won't have to change your diet & spain, your Fruit of the Looms are safe...skid marks & all! :wacko:

See below.

1. You must be smoking bad crack....Jordan played two snaps in Week 4....Rhodes carries 10 times.

2. Here are their lines from Preseason Week 4; Jordan barely played (so I'm not sure where you get "they had to let Jordan play the last two games"):

Name ATT YDS TDs Longest

D. Rhodes 10 29 0 9

L. Jordan 2 18 0 10

L. Jordan 8 67 1 32

D. Rhodes 5 5 0 4

ATT YDS TD Longest

D. Rhodes 8 21 1 13

L. Jordan DNP

Sooooo....please tell us again exactly how did Rhodes outplayed Jordan in preseason?

Well done Swammi...I love it when fact thoroughly kicks opinion's arse! Especially when opinion probably is a Rhodes owner and does not also have Jordan.

Well done Swammi...I love it when fact thoroughly kicks opinion's arse! Especially when opinion probably is a Rhodes owner and does not also have Jordan.

Yep, between Swammi 's post & my post, I afraid dfine's post has been pretty much discredited. :D

Sorry dfine, but next time leave personal thoughts / opinions at the door & just present the Facts Jack. :D

Yep, between Swammi 's post & my post, I afraid dfine's post has been pretty much discredited. :D

Sorry dfine, but next time leave personal thoughts / opinions at the door & just present the Facts Jack. :D

Agreed...I wanted to reply to your post as I did Swammi's but the clients started calling and it was time to return to work!

Great job on the post, BTW.

They had to let Jordan play in the last two games because he was going to be the starter for the first 4 weeks. Remember, they just spent a fortune on Rhodes in the off season.... you could end up with a starter.

Seems like they had to let Jordan sit the last game to have him fresh for week 1, which oddly enough is really the only week the Raiders were conserned about at the time. And granted, what the Raiders spent on Rhodes would be a fortune to me but how do you describe what JR just got then? Whats a fortune x 500%?

All things aside, the last statement is in fact true, you COULD end up with a starter. There is absolutely no way to know definitively though. Now given that its a roll of the dice, if you had the roster spot at RB5 that yes you could fill with a back-up K or TE(and we know how valuable back-up Ks can be), I agree with the pope. I'll roll the dice that I have a late season, fresh starting RB. If not by week 12/13 or I can get a more valuable RB o ww between now and then, I'll drop him.

See below.

Name ATT YDS TDs Longest

D. Rhodes 10 29 0 9

L. Jordan 2 18 0 10

L. Jordan 8 67 1 32

D. Rhodes 5 5 0 4

ATT YDS TD Longest

D. Rhodes 8 21 1 13

L. Jordan DNP

Much appreciated. I saw him write that and thought WTH? I remembered watching a couple of the Raider preseason contests.

I do regret not grabbing Lamont as late RB3 or even RB4 in a couple PPR leagues. The guy will be a monster in those leagues (particularly as a valve for McCown and Culpepper)

As you can see my weakness is RB and i picked 12th, So Going RB,WR,TE,WR,RB,RB in a 12 man league was a mistake......Draft order below and changes I've made in Signature below.......

1. (12) Travis Henry RB

2. (13) Steve Smith WR

3. (36) Antonio Gates TE

4. (37) Larry Fitzgerald WR

5. (60) Chester Taylor RB

6. (61) Ladell Betts RB

7. (84) Jerricho Cotchery WR

8. (85) Devery Henderson WR

9. (108) Jake Delhomme QB

10. (109) Eli Manning QB

11. (132) Dallas DEF

12. (133) Bo Scaife TE

13. (156) Adrian Peterson RB (Bears)

14. (157) Jacoby Jones WR

15. (180) Josh Scobee K

I think, The after draft and week one changes and trades have helped but man my RB'S are Horrible...........When Betts is your next best option you can't say you drafted properly..........I used my#1 waiver, 6 moves,one trade........not much else left.........Let it Ride?

Edited by IrishPride

See below.

Name ATT YDS TDs Longest

D. Rhodes 10 29 0 9

L. Jordan 2 18 0 10

L. Jordan 8 67 1 32

D. Rhodes 5 5 0 4

ATT YDS TD Longest

D. Rhodes 8 21 1 13

L. Jordan DNP

Swammi puttin' it down! Nothing like good info to make a point. Nice call!

Swammi puttin' it down! Nothing like good info to make a point. Nice call!

That was all awesome info to make the point that the guy gave bad advice but what about the original thread.with this pathetic group of Rb's what would you do?

As you can see my weakness is RB and i picked 12th, So Going RB,WR,TE,WR,RB,RB in a 12 man league was a mistake......Draft order below and changes I've made in Signature below.......

1. (12) Travis Henry RB

2. (13) Steve Smith WR

3. (36) Antonio Gates TE

4. (37) Larry Fitzgerald WR

5. (60) Chester Taylor RB

6. (61) Ladell Betts RB

7. (84) Jerricho Cotchery WR

8. (85) Devery Henderson WR

9. (108) Jake Delhomme QB

10. (109) Eli Manning QB Change

11. (132) Dallas DEF Change

12. (133) Bo Scaife TE Change

13. (156) Adrian Peterson RB (Bears)Change

14. (157) Jacoby Jones WR Change

15. (180) Josh Scobee K Change

I think, The after draft and week one changes and trades have helped but man my RB'S are Horrible...........When Betts is your next best option you can't say you drafted properly..........I used my#1 waiver, 6 moves,one trade....See signature below....not much else left.........Let it Ride?

Edited by IrishPride