[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Wayne?

matt770

I have Steve Smith, Wayne, Holmes and Galloway. Looks like Holmes and Galloway both have really good matchups and should be a lock to score at least once. Especially Holmes, since the Bills secondary is banged up, it's their home opener and Ben looks sharp as ever. Do I do the unthinkable and put Wayne on the bench??

but WRs are always up & down depending on matchups.

That's very true but trying to guess when they're going to be up or down is pure madness. The other receivers on your team will outscore Wayne and Smith from time to time but they won't do it often. You're better off playing the guys that are going to consistently give you more points.

There is no way Wayne sits unless he is injured. Even though Tennesee's DST had a nice showing sort of against Jags, there is no way you can honestly think they will put a dent in Indy's offense...they don't have enough CB's to cover all their WR options....plus Harrison and Wayne are two of the most consistent WR's in the league by far...no way I Bench Wayne in favor of Holmes or Galloway.

Just in case you missed the point...NO WAY!

:D

Edited by conian

Then again, from CBS Sportsline 09/12/07:

Reggie Wayne, WR IND

News: Reggie Wayne was pedestrian in two games against the Titans last year, totaling six passes for 81 yards with one TD. In fact, you'd have to go back to 2004 to find the last time Wayne put up 100 yards on the Titans (119 at Tennessee, with a TD). Last year, Wayne didn't catch a touchdown in their second game against the Titans, ending a string of five straight with a score against them.

Analysis: While Wayne might not have racked up the yards in recent games against the Titans, he has managed to find the end zone on a consistent basis against the Colts' division rivals. Not many players are owned and starting in 100 percent of leagues, but Wayne is one of those rare examples. He is a must-start every week and although he might not find the end zone twice in Week 2 at Tennessee like he did in Week 1, he won't leave his owners disappointed.

For what it's worth. As for me, he starts!!