[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chambers or Holmes as WR #2

NYCDOG

Who do you like this week as a #2 WR

Chambers vs. Dallas (hopefully w/o Terence Newman)

OR

Holmes vs. Buffalo

Standard performance league, no PPR.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in your same dilemma. I have Holmes & Chambers but I think I will decide tomorrow morning when they should announce if Newman plays. If Newman plays, go with Holmes. If Newman does not play, go with Chambers!

Phillips said it will make a game-time decision on whether cornerback Terence Newman plays. He practiced this week as the third cornerback after missing the opener because of a foot injury. Even If he does play, Newman won't start.

Chambers is my pick. I can see Pitt opening up big on Buff. Meanwhile the Dall secondary is weak and their run D is pretty solid, which means a lot of passing from Miami, especially when they fall behind.

NO WAY!!! Holmes is the easy pick over Chambers regardless of Newman's status tomorrow.

This is not an easy pick no matter what anyone here says. No one in the NFL was targeted more times last week than Chambers. Trent threw to him almost every throw. I Holmes is gonna score, I like him in a TD league or Non PPR league, but in PPR, I like Chambers for the pure amount of touches he will get.

So that means that you agree with most here that Holmes makes the better start as this is a non-ppr league.

For a guy who got FOUR looks last week, is at best the 3rd option on his team after Ward and FWP, and only got as many looks as the TE, Holmes sure gets a lot of talk. Now I do like Holmes a lot, but come on. People talking like no doubt Holmes, or Holmes for sure is a little much IMO. Not crazy to say Holmes here, it is a toss up, but no doubt Holmes is a bit much. Chambers had 11 looks last weekend. And Pitt again figures to be up easy. So I would go Chambers, but close either way. Certainly fair to say Holmes here.

For a guy who got FOUR looks last week, is at best the 3rd option on his team after Ward and FWP, and only got as many looks as the TE, Holmes sure gets a lot of talk. Now I do like Holmes a lot, but come on. People talking like no doubt Holmes, or Holmes for sure is a little much IMO. Not crazy to say Holmes here, it is a toss up, but no doubt Holmes is a bit much. Chambers had 11 looks last weekend. And Pitt again figures to be up easy. So I would go Chambers, but close either way. Certainly fair to say Holmes here.

This, to me is the pertinent info. We're talking about a guy who's a #1 on his team vs a guy who is the #3 option. Chances are, last week was an above average week for Holmes.

Chambers ahs gotten dissed a lot in the off-season by a lot of fantasy players. I'm not having it: go with Chambers, regardless of PPR. He's the better play in both options, unless the Bills just utterly collapse.

Also, Dallas is clearly going to be in on a lot of shoot outs this year. If the Pitt D clamps down and Pitt gets up by 3 scores, expect Fast Willie, left, right and up the middle. I don't see Miami being in a position to be controlling the clock that way - they will most likely be behind and chuckling the rock.

Edited by Pope Flick

Last week's game is hard to judge. The Steelers were up early so they didn't have a lot of pass attempts. I think the same thing will happen today so I would go with Chambers. I think Holmes will be the #1 man soon for the Steelers though.

Just playing devil's advocate here but I think Chambers is going to go off this week. MIA's run game is in shambles, they have a D that is decent, and should be able to pass all over the DAL D (if they can make Eli look like a star then surely Gree will do just fine.)

Chambers is the way to go if you're looking for a home run.