[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Awesome! Maroney not even on field 1st two series.

WorstCoachingEver

offense looked great tonight, and it helps cover up the weakness's of the defense. Make no mistake NE is a top 5 team, probably top 3 in the AFC. But get real, this 19-0 spew after this week is ridiculous at best. Wouldnt surprise me at all, if San Diego returned this favor in the playoffs. Norv clearly didnt have SD ready for a game like this on the road tonight. And Rivers needs all the reps he can get, to get back to where he was at the end of last season. He certainly doesnt look like the same QB as the one brining his team back from 2-3 TDs at the end of last yr.

This is where I will finally agree with you. I am probably as tired of hearing Ugly Tuna as everyone else is.

offense looked great tonight, and it helps cover up the weakness's of the defense. Make no mistake NE is a top 5 team, probably top 3 in the AFC. But get real, this 19-0 spew after this week is ridiculous at best. Wouldnt surprise me at all, if San Diego returned this favor in the playoffs. Norv clearly didnt have SD ready for a game like this on the road tonight. And Rivers needs all the reps he can get, to get back to where he was at the end of last season. He certainly doesnt look like the same QB as the one brining his team back from 2-3 TDs at the end of last yr.

The only guy I see saying that is uglytuna

EDIT: You got to it first SK

Edited by SMF

:D

If you watched the first half of that third preaseason game against the Panthers, you could have. There were plenty of red flags prior to that as well, but you really had to read between the lines to see them. Like I said, I had Maroney in a keeper league and I was getting prepared to trade him, so I was watching him in particular and the Patriots RB situation in general like a hawk during the preseason.

Preseason? Are you kidding me? Your "I'm a genius for calling a player a bust after week 2" schtick is based on Maroney's preseason play (uh, he barely played) and the fact he had a shoulder injury nagging him at the end of his ROOKIE season!! Oh, and there was somebody named Dillon in 2006. Talk about tooting your own horn. :D

Well, the only reason I have him in my keeper league is because I got him for a middle 3rd round pick. I didn't like him in a redraft leagues in the late first or early second round. He's my #2 rb behind the resurgent Edge, so I would jump off that bridge just yet. BTW, due to the depleted rb pool in my keeper league, I ended up picking Chad Johnson with the 7th overall pick. :D

It's early in the season and the Pats have emphasized the pass due to match ups against the opposing defenses. I think Maroney will be a solid #2 rb. But, if I had him as my #1 rb and not #2 or #1b, I'd be worried.

Edited by gsmayes

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I have a feeling hiring Norv was a HUGE mistake.

I am going to go out on a limb and say the Pats are a top 6 team in the AFC and will make the playoffs this year...

A friend of mine says the Pats are one of the top two teams in the late game last night, but I told him he was nuts.

Preseason? Are you kidding me? Your "I'm a genius for calling a player a bust after week 2" schtick is based on Maroney's preseason play (uh, he barely played) and the fact he had a shoulder injury nagging him at the end of his ROOKIE season!! Oh, and there was somebody named Dillon in 2006. Talk about tooting your own horn. :D

Well, all Maroney has to do is finish as one of the top ten to fifteen RBs this season (which would be in line with where he was drafted) and I'll be eating crow, won't I?