[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Johnson hurt?

canman1104

From the Houston Chronicle:

Sept. 17, 2007, 3:45PM

Sprained knee may keep Johnson out vs. Colts

By MEGAN MANFULL

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Andre Johnson, who hurt his left knee Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, is doubtful to play for the Texans when the team plays the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday at Reliant Stadium. The Texans had an MRI done on Johnson's knee Monday morning and it revealed a sprain.

"I would say that he is doubtful for that football game," Kubiak said. "We'll know more in the next couple of days. There was no swelling, but there's definitely a sprain there. It's a concern right now."

The initial diagnosis was that Johnson had strained his posterior cruciate ligament. He hurt it during a big hit that followed his last catch — a 10-yard grab - with 11:58 to go in the game.

"He has a knee sprain," Kubiak said. "That's the good news and the bad news. We feel fortunate. Andre is going to be fine. Is he going to be fine in one week? Or is he going to be fine in four weeks? We're still in the evaluation stage. We don't know."

Johnson currently ranks fourth in the league with 262 receiving yards on 14 catches. The next most productive receiver on the team is rookie Jacoby Jones with 33 receiving yards on two catches. Kevin Walter has two catches for 17 yards.

If Johnson can't go on Sunday, Andre' Davis will be activated.

Oh boy! Dibs on Andre Davis!!! :D

Daniels will get a lot more looks......should be a good pick up.

Oh boy! Dibs on Andre Davis!!! :D

If you are looking to fill his spot and he is out there, take a flyer on Jacoby Jones. He will not put up AJ numbers, but should still be a decent start in his place.

alot of people are bummed about this. I for one have him in a league where we get 2 pts for PPR and so much bonus points for anything over 100 yards, it actually hurts to discuss it. I'm not happy at all, and he whipped my Panther's collective asses this week too. At least he still can't hold Smitty's jock strap. Thats one thing I have going for me.

ahem...Mr. Smith? I'd be HAPPY to hold it for you...

If you are looking to fill his spot and he is out there, take a flyer on Jacoby Jones. He will not put up AJ numbers, but should still be a decent start in his place.

Agreed.....I made sure I got Jacoby anywhere I had AJ. Watched some training tape on him....kid"s got hands! I'd like to see Schaub get comfortable enough where they BOTH get decent numbers. :D

Agreed.....I made sure I got Jacoby anywhere I had AJ. Watched some training tape on him....kid"s got hands! I'd like to see Schaub get comfortable enough where they BOTH get decent numbers. :D

Me too!!

WR Johnson Doubtful For Week 3

Megan Manfull, Houston Chronicle -

Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson, is doubtful to play when the team plays the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday. The Texans had an MRI done on Johnson's left knee Monday morning and it revealed a sprain. "I would say that he is doubtful for that football game," Kubiak said. "We'll know more in the next couple of days. There was no swelling, but there's definitely a sprain there. It's a concern right now." "He has a knee sprain," Kubiak said. "That's the good news and the bad news. We feel fortunate. Andre is going to be fine. Is he going to be fine in one week? Or is he going to be fine in four weeks? We're still in the evaluation stage. We don't know."