[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MLB Playoff Thread

broncosn05

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:wacko:

yeah and the dbags drew LESS than that. shortynads has about as much class and as much foot in his mouth as eric :wacko: byrnes. :D

hey shorty, do you know which team has all-time single season attendance record?

i will say, most rockies fans, myself definitely included, have been down on the rox the last several years. ever since the hanpton/neagle debacle, the front office has been ridiculously tight with the wallet. as soon as any player would get halfway decent, they'd be shipped off for prospects that never panned out. it has been very frustrating. last year, they sorta started to turn it around. you could see a pretty decent young nucleus starting to develop. this last offseason, they were at least able to keep holliday around for a year through arbitration, but they didnt lock him up long term, and they tried like hell to get rid of helton. most of us suspected the front office would continue their cheap ways, and this great young nucleus would never get the chance long term to develop together. but this year....hey, i was mildly optimistic going into the season. they sorta hung around .500 all year, and i said to myself a lot of times, if they keep this team together, they could actually be really good next year. with maybe a month left in the season, they were hanging 6, 7 games back in the WC race, there wasn't much reason to think about anything except next year, and what would they look like. but then it happened....they caught the proverbial lightning in a bottle, and it's been a friggin blast. as someone who went to dozens of denver bears and denver zephyrs games in old mile high stadium, and who watched the likes of charlie hayes and eric young from the south stands of the same joint, and watched them lose 95 games...and someone who pulled my hair out as they traded away neifi perez and preston wilson and shawn chacon and every other player that looked like they were halfway decent....i sure as hell don't feel like i have to apologize to any f'n dbags fan for getting excited about what they're doing in 2007 :wacko:

I dont feel that I have to justify myself for you're the one who put f'ng words in my mouth. If you'd wipe your boyfriends man juice out of your eyes for a minute and read the last few posts I had, you'd see that I gave the Rockies their due. They deserved it. They played better. They had the hot streak. As a fan of the Dbacks, I'll be here for the World Series - cheering for the Rockies. Now that "my team" is out, I'll definitely cheer for the underdog for it's always a good story. In all honesty, I could care less if I offended all two of you fairweather Rockies fans in this forum. Anyway, for the record... ENJOY IT!!! And time is on your side. Your team has time to relax and take a few days off and just wait. Lets just hope that this doesn't cool them off. See you in a few days on the WS thread. Good luck!!

26 of 27

:D:D:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::D:sick::brow::brew::brew::sick::sick:

Not that I'm in the mood to correct anyone, but this is what I'm talking about. A fairweather Rockies fan.. You dont even know what the streak is. It's 21 of 22. If you want to go back to 27 games, then add on 3 more losses (Sept 13-15th). Losses to Philly, and dropped 2 of 3 to Florida.

Regardless, it's still an impressive streak

Edited by Shorttynaz

hey, if whining about the rockies "fairweather fans" makes you sleep better after the dbags pathetic showing (and their fans' pathetic showing....failing to sell out games, stopping games with tantrums throwing chit on the field), then go for it. you can curl up in the fetal position and mutter about what great fans you are, just like byrnes can do the same thing muttering about how the dbacks are playing better than the rockies. bad luck, that's all. yeah, that's the ticket. :D

hey, if whining about the rockies "fairweather fans" makes you sleep better after the dbags pathetic showing (and their fans' pathetic showing....failing to sell out games, stopping games with tantrums throwing chit on the field), then go for it. you can curl up in the fetal position and mutter about what great fans you are, just like byrnes can do the same thing muttering about how the dbacks are playing better than the rockies. bad luck, that's all. yeah, that's the ticket. :D

You got it. "Bad Luck" is correct..

Congrats to the Rockies. :D It's nice to see another one of the recent expansion teams have some post-season success and establish some positive history. Even though the Devil Rays will never win anything, three out of four expansion teams with championships (and two of those having average-at-best payrolls) should be considered a success.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Colorado Rockies voted a full playoff share for the widow of minor league coach Mike Coolbaugh, killed by a line drive this season while coaching first base.

Some of the veteran players decided to award a full share to Amanda Coolbaugh. Their two sons, five-year-old Joseph and three-year-old Jacob, will throw out the first pitch in Game 3 at Colorado.

Coolbaugh was a first base coach for the Rockies' Double-A affiliate, the Tulsa Drillers. The former major leaguer was killed July 22, when a line drive struck him in the head.

Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki said awarding the family a share was the right thing to do.

"We're obviously happy with the decision," Tulowitzki said on Thursday. "I hope they are, too, and I'm sure they will be."

Shaken by Coolbaugh's death, Rockies first base coach Glenallen Hill now wears a helmet.

Manager Clint Hurdle was touched by the gesture.

"[it] speaks to their awareness, speaks to their passion, speaks to every good thing about them," Hurdle said.

:D:D

You said "I give the Rockies their due", and then followed it up with 1000 words insinuating that they don't deserve it.

Stop whining. Just shut your mouth until next year like all the other losers.

Well well!! Another fairweather/bandwagon fan wants to chime in!! Where were you yesterday :D, or the day before, or the day before that - before they clinched? Oh yeah.. You weren't a fan yet, just a tool..

There's no room for you in this forum. :D

It's for TRUE fans. So go see your way back to Boulder and cheer for an underperforming Bronco's team!

Edited by Shorttynaz

Well well!! Another fairweather/bandwagon fan wants to chime in!! Where were you yesterday :D, or the day before, or the day before that - before they clinched? Oh yeah.. You weren't a fan yet, just a tool..

There's no room for you in this forum. :wacko:

It's for TRUE fans. So go see your way back to Boulder and cheer for an underperforming Bronco's team!

I'm a Red Sox fan, dumbass. And I haven't shut up about it for 20 years. If you ever read any baseball threads in this forum before Arizona made the playoffs, you'd know that. But then again... everyone ELSE must be fairweather fans. :D

If Cleveland beats us in game 5, I'm not going to be such a moron that I get into petty arguments with Indians fans after it's all over about their attendance, luck, or their fan's dedication. They will have beaten us, and we'll just have to look toward the next year without whining and crying about it. It's called "Not being a Megan Fox". :wacko:

Edited by AtomicCEO

If Cleveland beats us in game 5, I'm not going to be such a moron that I get into petty arguments with Indians fans after it's all over about their attendance, luck, or their fan's dedication.

I wouldn't question the dedication or ticket-purchasing of Indians fans either, given that they sold out every game at the Jake for almost six straight years.

I dont feel that I have to justify myself for you're the one who put f'ng words in my mouth. If you'd wipe your boyfriends man juice out of your eyes for a minute and read the last few posts I had, you'd see that I gave the Rockies their due. They deserved it. They played better. They had the hot streak. As a fan of the Dbacks, I'll be here for the World Series - cheering for the Rockies. Now that "my team" is out, I'll definitely cheer for the underdog for it's always a good story. In all honesty, I could care less if I offended all two of you fairweather Rockies fans in this forum. Anyway, for the record... ENJOY IT!!! And time is on your side. Your team has time to relax and take a few days off and just wait. Lets just hope that this doesn't cool them off. See you in a few days on the WS thread. Good luck!!

I haven't checked this thread in a few days, but you must be bitter! I am first and foremost a Yankees fan and then a Rockies fan, as I had season tickets to the Rockies from 93 until 2000. I was pissed at the ownership for running a good team into the ground and taking things for granted. The Colorado Rockies still have the attendance record and the record for the largest crowd ever.... going from memory, but I think they led the majors in atendance for the first 6 years... and were in the top 5-10 the next 4 or 5 years, since then they have been in the middle of the pack for attendance. The playoff games that I went to this year seem a lot like the first 6 years for the Rockies, there was just an energy in the stadium that was similar to a Broncos game. Denver is a sports crazy town that always supports it's teams... the Rockies fans have just wanted a good product on the field! Dude pull your head out of your Naz! And quit picking on Broncos, he's like 12 years old and hasn't learned to count! :D

Not that I'm in the mood to correct anyone, but this is what I'm talking about. A fairweather Rockies fan.. You dont even know what the streak is. It's 21 of 22. If you want to go back to 27 games, then add on 3 more losses (Sept 13-15th). Losses to Philly, and dropped 2 of 3 to Florida.

Regardless, it's still an impressive streak

:D I swear an announcer said 26 of 27... :wacko:

And quit picking on Broncos, he's like 12 years old and hasn't learned to count! :wacko:

Point taken.... :D

Edited by broncosn05