[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can' believe we're still finding these MF'ers.

Pope Flick

Paperwork filed by the Criminal Division’s Office of Special Investigations (OSI) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said Henss joined the Hitler Youth organization in Germany in 1934 as a 12 or 13-year-old boy and joined the Nazi Party in September 1940.

Hard to fault someone who was indoctrinated in such an overwhelmingly nationalistic and fascist regeim at the age of 12.

Hard to fault someone who was indoctrinated in such an overwhelmingly nationalistic and fascist regeim at the age of 12.

wurd start em early and there yours for life.... hmm sounds like a religion or 19

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

I'd like to learn more about the rest of his life after the war and after coming to the US.

Sorry, can't agree there. If he was just a prison guard, meh...

If he were a gasser, Zyklon-B user, officer, whatever, then he's been breathing air for 60+ years while his victims are fertalizer. I say that's 60 years too long.

Sorry, can't agree there. If he was just a prison guard, meh...

If he were a gasser, Zyklon-B user, officer, whatever, then he's been breathing air for 60+ years while his victims are fertalizer. I say that's 60 years too long.

So, far, it sounds like he was a 19 or 20 year old who used attack dogs to intimidate prisoners. While sick and disgusting and unfathomable, it was also 65 years ago. What was he supposed to do? Come out and say "I'm sorry". You think he would be forgiven?

So, far, it sounds like he was a 19 or 20 year old who used attack dogs to intimidate prisoners. While sick and disgusting and unfathomable, it was also 65 years ago. What was he supposed to do? Come out and say "I'm sorry". You think he would be forgiven?

If that's all he did, then he should be left alone.

If he did the other stuff I talked about, I want him to die. Slowly, painfully, and at the hands of a Jew...

Bingo, going after an 85 year old man for what he did as an enlisted 19 year old is bad.

Leave the guy alone. He is 85 years old and he trained dogs for a govt that asked him to do it. Was it right? No.

He had 60 years of living with it which isnt easy no matter what you think. Its time to move on to bigger and more current things. If he lived a good life in the US (which looked like he did) then leave him alone.

Should caught him 60 years ago if you wanted to punish him for something.

Meh...a prison guard with a dog. Sure, string him up if it makes you feel better, I'd wager he wasn't pulling the switches, etc. for extermination.

I had a post almost exactly like that ready to go last night then forgot all about actually posting it. :D

From the report - and we haven't heard the whole thing yet - we should now indict every US prison guard who has a dog.

Edit: And, FWIW, SS Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler was a crack SS Panzer Division, not the Totenkopf division that supplied most of the KZ Guards.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Or public education?

very true.. i for one would not deny that... the way things are u have to teach a very ridged curriculum ( i dont but at public schools they do) that is set buy the national, local governments and school districts .... and depending on who is writing and setting the curriculum what is taught can change from district to district..

very true.. i for one would not deny that... the way things are u have to teach a very ridged curriculum ( i dont but at public schools they do) that is set buy the national, local governments and school districts .... and depending on who is writing and setting the curriculum what is taught can change from district to district..

Like in Kansas, where elections for school board are the hardest fought elections of all.

I don't know on stuff like this. He was in the army, and following orders during a war. I definitely think those that gave the orders should be punished, and punished severely, but if the guy was a prison guard, how much authority did he have? What choice did he have? He has to live with his memory of those awful events. If he wasn't one of those giving the order to do it, than I say living with that memory is enough punishment for him, particularly at this point in time.

I don't know on stuff like this. He was in the army, and following orders during a war. I definitely think those that gave the orders should be punished, and punished severely, but if the guy was a prison guard, how much authority did he have? What choice did he have? He has to live with his memory of those awful events. If he wasn't one of those giving the order to do it, than I say living with that memory is enough punishment for him, particularly at this point in time.

Not only that, there's a difference between being the guy doing his rounds with his dog and the guy doing his rounds with his dog and also setting the dog on prisoners for fun. There's documented cases of the latter and that's a war crime. Being a guard with a dog is not.

Quick note - he wasn't in the Army (Wehrmacht) he was in the SS.