[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikes fans-which QB

DelmarJintsFan

Looks like I spoke too soon... this is an excerpt from yesterday's Press Conference with Childress:

Q: Have you seen enough from Tarvaris Jackson to make a decision for Sunday yet?

A: I haven’t. He’s out here taking turns; obviously it is a walk-through situation. It will be good for us to get outside; it’s 50 out, it’s breezy. It should be similar right there by the lakefront. I want to see him get through it, but he came back from Monday’s practice with no extra soreness. But I want to see him execute our game plan and get through that thing. So we’ll continue to rep him as well as Kelly (Holcomb).

Q: What is the key factor to determining whether he can play or not?

A: Yeah, it’s really about being able to burst. As I mentioned, it’s one thing to rehab in the training room and do everything that’s on that protocol, and then it’s quite different to push off and drop and stop at the back of the pocket and then avoid somebody and push off a little bit more. We always kind of go with can he protect himself for that step or two steps that he needs or long sprint. I’ve seen him do a few things out here that would lead me to believe that, but again, I want to put a practice back to a practice back to a practice.

Edited by Savage Beatings

But I want to see him execute our game plan and get through that thing.

Damn, I was afraid of that.

Savage is right from what I've heard...still nothing definite, and Chili has always been very specific about Tarvaris being the guy before the injury. I'd guess he'd be the guy, but this is still not definite.

Hey ya Vikes fans, how ya doin? Who's going to start at QB this week - Jackson or Holcombe? I can't believe I have to ask this, but my roster is devastated.

As the others have stated, it would appear Jackson would get the start but that is not guaranteed.

I will tell you that whomever starts for the Vikings this week would be my absolute last choice for a starting fantasy QB. What little the Vikings are able to move the ball will be done on the ground and I would highly doubt either Holcombe or Jackson would throw for more than 125 yards. 1 short TD pass in garbage time may be the best you can hope for. Personally, I'd take my chances with Cleo friggin Lemon before I went with a Vikes QB this week. :D

Tarvaris Jackson ran the first-team offense during the early open portion of today's practice, while Kelly Holcomb watched.

That's a clear sign that Jackson will return as the starting quarterback for Sunday's game at Chicago after missing the last two games because of a strained groin muscle, although coach Brad Childress has yet to make it official.

Hey ya Vikes fans, how ya doin? Who's going to start at QB this week - Jackson or Holcombe? I can't believe I have to ask this, but my roster is devastated.

If there are five QBs available to play instead of either Viking QB, then I'd start any of those five instead.

I'm talking like if any other QB in the league that would have an outside chance of playing, they take precedence over any Viking option you may be looking at.

I'm not sure if i made my point in my last post. I'm talking about like we play fantasy football here in Minnesota and if there's 10000 leagues in the state, that likely means that TJax or Holcomb is available as a free agent in all 10000 of those leagues of Vikings fans.

I'm not sure if i made my point in my last post. I'm talking about like we play fantasy football here in Minnesota and if there's 10000 leagues in the state, that likely means that TJax or Holcomb is available as a free agent in all 10000 of those leagues of Vikings fans.

3 for 3 in the ones I'm in. Very astute info, Mikes. However, call me crazy in that I can hope T-Jax to improve a bit down the road...I've always been impressed with how he stands in the pocket and stays with the play before high-tailing it out of there. If they could just get 80% short quick passes (representing about 30% of the overall offense) I think the young fella could do better than a couple of the QB's in the current league. Counting (perhaps) Testaverde and Dilfer, although each are arguable...

I'm hoping that he starts looking for Shincothe (or whatever...) some. I think the guy shows some promise as a TE. That, and the dumpoff to the back, whomever it is. Start there, and minimize the kids exposure.

Holcombe is a complete fraud. I tried...but he's just a biatch.