[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They've been tapping our phones since Feb 2001 eh?

Randall

Where did you read that the founders protected the ability to pass wealth from one generation to another. While it is a great thing, it is not guaranteed. And, you want to see the ultimate in laziness...just look at SOME, not all, of the trust fund babies that get break after break because of what dad or mom may have done...they achieve virtually nothing on their own. And those businesses they own are subsidized by the federal government...called corporate welfare. If you must know I am opposed to an income tax altogether.

Now, you claim to be able to think for yourself and have no party allegiance....however...when you say "you libs" aren't you attempting to differntiate yourself from them? And based upon your writings so far you are FAR from a libertarian. So, that makes you a neo-conservative hack who knows nothing of the foundation of the republican party. WE are the party of low taxes, low expenditures, and keeping gov't out of peoples lives...not passing laws against gay marriage...that puts government in our lives. Again, you can claim what you want, but your posts speak volumes of who you are.

hey, you can marry your boyfriend if you want. i could care less.

This has been going on since Clinton, or maybe Bush the elder. Ever hear of Echelon?

As for the other argument going on - if you don't own the fruits of your labor, you don't own yourself. That's the bottom line. You are the state's cattle. To be tagged (SS #'s) and eventually culled if the state wishes.

But hey, you guys keep voting for the lesser of two evils. The only person who appeared to have a clue is Atomic, and he won't admit to being a libertarian... :D

This has been going on since Clinton, or maybe Bush the elder. Ever hear of Echelon?

As for the other argument going on - if you don't own the fruits of your labor, you don't own yourself. That's the bottom line. You are the state's cattle. To be tagged (SS #'s) and eventually culled if the state wishes.

But hey, you guys keep voting for the lesser of two evils. The only person who appeared to have a clue is Atomic, and he won't admit to being a libertarian... :D

First of all, nice fellow that you are, Echelon was different. How is pretty easy. But let me say this, it involved using foreign intel, or foreign agencies to capture outgoing phone calls from US citizens and asking them to let us have a look see....that is completely different than our own NSA agency working with the phone companies for unconstitutional data mining.

As to owning the fruits of your labor...I fully agree. I am a Henry George fan from way back. I agree with him when it comes to taxes. A man's labor shouldn't be taxed at all....or at least the profit he derives from his labor.

I'm sorry, but I thought I saw "global warming mongering" upthread a little.

On topic, if you really don't have issues with the NSA monitoring your phone calls without ever securing at least a rubber stamp warrant from a secret court (yeah, secret court, as if that isn't effed up on it's own) please, PLEASE move your ass to Burma or someplace, or at least have the courtesy not to breed and pass on your ignorant gene.

First of all, nice fellow that you are, Echelon was different. How is pretty easy. But let me say this, it involved using foreign intel, or foreign agencies to capture outgoing phone calls from US citizens and asking them to let us have a look see....that is completely different than our own NSA agency working with the phone companies for unconstitutional data mining.

As to owning the fruits of your labor...I fully agree. I am a Henry George fan from way back. I agree with him when it comes to taxes. A man's labor shouldn't be taxed at all....or at least the profit he derives from his labor.

I'm not nice, I'm an a-hole. You go telling people I'm nice and you'll ruin my reputation. I'm the anti-skins!

Now that we have that out of the way, Echelon was a way to spy and get around the laws at the time. It wasn't just used on outgoing (from the US) but internal calls as well. It was filching data from microwaves, satellite transmissions, etc. from right out of the air. Technically, the UK was spying on the US and vice/versa, so no one was running afoul of that pesky little fourth amendment. Now that 9/11 changed everything and made that ole' bill of rights written by those powdered-wig wearing idjits irrelevant, we can just plug our tape recorders straight in to the phone company.

Look guys, government sucks, and absolute government sucks absolutely. But hey, just moo and keep shuffling around in the pens. That's it, right down that chute there... :D

we are all being protected.

Ah. How nice. Mommy, pwease keep me safe fwom the nasty boogeymen, even if you have to lock me in a dark place to do it.

How do you square this bright yellow gutless streak of yours with one of the true great Americans:

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both

Benjamin Franklin

Wanker.

Ah. How nice. Mommy, pwease keep me safe fwom the nasty boogeymen, even if you have to lock me in a dark place to do it.

How do you square this bright yellow gutless streak of yours with one of the true great Americans:

Wanker.

That reminds me of something someone told me once. You want safe? Get yourself put in solitary at a maximum security prison...

Wanker.

my boogeyman is the bomb carrying terrorist, yours is the big scary govt. good comparison foolish boy.

:D:D:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::D:sick:

Edited by dmarc117

my boogeyman is the bomb carrying terrorist, yours is the big scary govt. good comparison foolish boy.

:D:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::D:sick::brow:

:D

Yeah! Because nobody ever goes to war against an oppressive government! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Ridiculous!! It never happens! Governments are highly trustable and inherently good! The founding fathers knew that and set up NO protections against the Executive branch getting too powerful!

HAHAHAHAHAH! Idiots! HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Nothing to see here, please just leave them alone!

FBI Monitoring al-Qaida Activity in North Jersey

NEWARK, N.J. (NorthJersey.com) -- Members of the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force are monitoring a number of north Jersey residents with ties to al-Qaida.

The agents have disrupted their activities and deported several.

Task force director Kevin Cruise tells The Record of Bergen County there are facilitators in the state.

Cruise would not describe any case in detail. However, efforts to disrupt Osama bin Laden's network range from deportation to telling the suspects that they're being watched.

Cruise tells the newspaper his agents have no information about an imminent attack here.

The task force is conducting more than 400 counterterror investigations.

http://www.1010wins.com/FBI-Monitoring-al-...-Jersey/1090225

Whatever you do, PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR CALLS TO PAKISTAN!!!! It violates their rights as terrorists!!!! :D

Whatever you do, PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR CALLS TO PAKISTAN!!!! It violates their rights as terrorists!!!! :D

Only if they ARE citizens and only if it is then done without a warrant...which is easy to get...so go cry to someone who doesn't give two Athenaes about the Constitution....like yourself.

Edited by TheShiznit

Only if they ARE citizens and only if it is then done without a warrant...which is easy to get...so go cry to someone who doesn't give two Athenaes about the Constitution....like yourself.

Actually, if you go check, the founders believed the BofR was a list of rights all men had merely by drawing breath. Not just citizens...

Actually, if you go check, the founders believed the BofR was a list of rights all men had merely by drawing breath. Not just citizens...

Yes I do know that...but it was indeed modified by the 14th Ammendment...evidently the founders of that Ammendment decided that these rights shall be protected for people BORN in the U.S. Now, I do not want to get into an argument as to the question if the 14th Ammendment should or shouldn't be an actual ammendment....since it was never actually adopted..and so on and so forth. Just let it be sufficed to say that it exists and modifies all other previous ammendments with its language.

Lesson #1 in how to be as stupid as a republican, folks:

Just make up stuff to argue against! Don't bother understanding what anyone else is saying!

For instance... If someone is against illegal secret warrantless wiretaps by government with no oversight of the judicial branch, they must be against the entire practice of wiretapping, which has been successfully used to catch criminals since the invention of the telephone!