[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gil's Guidance

gilthorp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Stecker @ Sea

Bryant Johnson vs Car

Drew Bennett @ Balt

i need 2 of the 3 and currently i am sitting stecker but the Seattle Run D has played much better then expected and my gut keeps saying this

is the week they get exposed vs the run :D

PPR leauge

Edited by keggerz

Alright I'll throw one out there -

RIvers vs. OAK

Warner vs. CAR

I keep geeting my Rivers pick wrong, the 2 weeks the guy go's off for +20 points he is on my bench then I start him the following week after the GB game and throws up at a "dud" against KC. Both times he does well are on the road, GB and DEN, seems he only does well on the road this year. Warner could also throw up a "dud" as I see the Cards getting out early and running all day. As of now I have Warner slated to start since he was the hot grab of the WW this week. What say you??

Edited by SF409ers

Aaron Stecker @ Sea

Bryant Johnson vs Car

Drew Bennett @ Balt

i need 2 of the 3 and currently i am sitting stecker

PPR leauge

I think Bennett is a definate play here. Stecker did get 4 and 4 last week, so he'll probably see that same amount of catches if not more. If Boldin is back, I play Stecker. If Boldin is out, I sit Stecker. So Boldin didn't go Thursday or Friday and is doubtful again, so I sit Stecker. If you can wait to activate for the late games, you should be ok, cuz if Boldin does go, then you can plug it in after the early games???

Alright I'll throw one out there -

RIvers vs. OAK

Warner vs. CAR

I keep geeting my Rivers pick wrong, the 2 weeks the guy go's off for +20 points he is on my bench then I start him the following week after the GB game and throws up at a "dud" against KC. Both times he does well are on the road, GB and DEN, seems he only does well on the road this year. Warner could also throw up a "dud" as I see the Cards getting out early and running all day. As of now I have Warner slated to start since he was the hot grab of the WW this week. What say you??

I invested this week in Warner in any league I could get him. Carolina has only given up 112 per game on the ground, so it won't be easy for Edge.

Last year, I owned Rivers and saw his ups and downs. He's too inconsistent, especially if they ever want LT to blow up. I'm thinking Warner is your choice for this week.

Below is my team. I've highlighted the players I am starting. I need to start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, & 1 DEF. Please tell me what other RB and WR you would start tomorrow. I've included the Teams my other RBs and WRs are playing next to the players name.

Also would you make a change at TE and why? Thanks for your time.

PPR only happens at 7 or more.

7-9 receptions=2pts

10-12 receptions=3pts

TDs are 6-10 pts based on distance

RBs get bonus points for catching or throwing a TD

WRs get bonus points for running or throwing a TD

Yardage for both positions:

75-99 = 2pts

100-124 =3pts

and so on

Active Roster

Anderson, Derek Manning, Peyton

Benson, Cedric vs MIN

Brown, Ronnie Jones, Julius vs NE

Turner, Michael vs OAK

Washington, Leon vs PHI

Chambers, Chris at CLE

Jenkins, Michael vs NYG

Johnson, Bryant vs CAR

Moss, Randy

Johnson, Eric

Olsen, Greg

Gould, Robbie

Nugent, Mike

Minnesota

New York (N)

Injured Reserve Boldin, Anquan

I think Bennett is a definate play here. Stecker did get 4 and 4 last week, so he'll probably see that same amount of catches if not more. If Boldin is back, I play Stecker. If Boldin is out, I sit Stecker. So Boldin didn't go Thursday or Friday and is doubtful again, so I sit Stecker. If you can wait to activate for the late games, you should be ok, cuz if Boldin does go, then you can plug it in after the early games???

yeah i can sub up til game time....

this is a battle of heavy weights so I cant afford to make the wrong move:

His starting lineup:

Palmer, LT, Westy, Portis, Plax, Avant, Shockey, Akers, Will Smith, TSuggs, Fletcher-Baker, McIntosh, Ruud, Millory, Harper, Mathis

My starting lineup(Sjax sidelined and Harrison on bye doesnt help)

Romo, Edge, Fitz, Housh, Bennett, BJohnson, Gates, Folk, Kampman, Peppers, Ray Ray, Howard, Edwards, Rhonde, Marshal, Griffin

as it stands now on the Def side i am leaving Strahan and SCooper on the bench

I invested this week in Warner in any league I could get him. Carolina has only given up 112 per game on the ground, so it won't be easy for Edge.

Last year, I owned Rivers and saw his ups and downs. He's too inconsistent, especially if they ever want LT to blow up. I'm thinking Warner is your choice for this week.

I am thinking you are correct - I appreciate the feeback

Below is my team. I've highlighted the players I am starting. I need to start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, & 1 DEF. Please tell me what other RB and WR you would start tomorrow. I've included the Teams my other RBs and WRs are playing next to the players name.

Also would you make a change at TE and why? Thanks for your time.

PPR only happens at 7 or more.

7-9 receptions=2pts

10-12 receptions=3pts

TDs are 6-10 pts based on distance

RBs get bonus points for catching or throwing a TD

WRs get bonus points for running or throwing a TD

Yardage for both positions:

75-99 = 2pts

100-124 =3pts

and so on

Active Roster

Anderson, Derek Manning, Peyton

Benson, Cedric vs MIN

Brown, Ronnie Jones, Julius vs NE

Turner, Michael vs OAK

Washington, Leon vs PHI

Chambers, Chris at CLE

Jenkins, Michael vs NYG

Johnson, Bryant vs CAR

Moss, Randy

Johnson, Eric

Olsen, Greg

Gould, Robbie

Nugent, Mike

Minnesota

New York (N)

Injured Reserve Boldin, Anquan

Tatz, let me just say this: I hate Cedric Benson. I'm a Bears homer, and I didn't like him before this matchup, and I hate him tomorrow. So, if I'm to play a 2nd RB in your situation, I think Turner or Washington is what it comes down to. Washington is a sparkplug, and Turner's game last week was the one you get every few weeks from him. I think Leon is your second play.

2nd receiver is going to be Johnson or Chambers, and I think the leveraged QB is the play. Lemon or Warner? So, Johnson is the choice there.

I'm not sure what change you can make with TE...are you saying play E. Johnson for Olsen? I wouldn't do that. Olsen is worth the reward now that the Bears have a glance as to what he can do. They matched him up on CB's last week and he had 7 targets last week, which was the most on the team by far.

My team; im planning on starting the players who are bolded..

Brady

LaMont Jordan, Shaun Alexander

Brandon Marshall, Javon Walker, Roy WIlliams, Andre Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Nate Burleson

Benjamin Watson

Matt Stover

DST Steelers DST Titans

Its a 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1DST league at NFL.com

Now.. i have one roster spot left, should i pick up Earnest Graham/Justin Fargas/Dominic Rhodes/DeWynn/Leon Washington? I had the chance to pick up Derrick Ward, but some idiot from my league apperently found it funny to pick him up, and then release him right after, so the waiver is processed wednesday first..

Do you have any idea who is the better man to start? I'm leaning towards Graham..

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Edited by xiso

yeah i can sub up til game time....

this is a battle of heavy weights so I cant afford to make the wrong move:

His starting lineup:

Palmer, LT, Westy, Portis, Plax, Avant, Shockey, Akers, Will Smith, TSuggs, Fletcher-Baker, McIntosh, Ruud, Millory, Harper, Mathis

My starting lineup(Sjax sidelined and Harrison on bye doesnt help)

Romo, Edge, Fitz, Housh, Bennett, BJohnson, Gates, Folk, Kampman, Peppers, Ray Ray, Howard, Edwards, Rhonde, Marshal, Griffin

as it stands now on the Def side i am leaving Strahan and SCooper on the bench

I think you need to wait until the late games...Johnson is a good play this week if Boldin doesn't go. You've got a leg up if he's starting Suggs. He is a terrible fantasy player this year. Good luck Keg.

WDIS?

Demetirus Williams vs St Lou

Andre Davis vs Jax

D Northcutt vs Hous

PPR League, 1 pt for every 10 yards, bonus at 150 Rec yds, 6 pts for TDs

thanks

Only 1? I love how the JAX D can shut down a receiver. I'd lean towards Northcutt here.

My team; im planning on starting the players who are bolded..

Brady

LaMont Jordan, Shaun Alexander

Brandon Marshall, Javon Walker, Roy WIlliams, Andre Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Nate Burleson

Benjamin Watson

Matt Stover

DST Steelers DST Titans

Its a 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1DST league at NFL.com

Now.. i have one roster spot left, should i pick up Earnest Graham/Justin Fargas/Dominic Rhodes/DeWynn/Leon Washington? I had the chance to pick up Derrick Ward, but some idiot from my league apperently found it funny to pick him up, and then release him right after, so the waiver is processed wednesday first..

Do you have any idea who is the better man to start? I'm leaning towards Graham..

Just based on attrition, I say Graham is the one guy that you know will get the rock in Tampa...at least until he gets hurt. :D

Tatz, let me just say this: I hate Cedric Benson. I'm a Bears homer, and I didn't like him before this matchup, and I hate him tomorrow.

I am sure you are not happy that my Jets now have Thomas Jones. We don't seem to know what to do with him though. :D

Thanks for all of your insight. Everywhere else the concensus has been Benson and Chambers. Your help gives me more to think about.

Who should I go with as my flex option?

Earnest Graham, Ahman Green, Vernand Morency, Reggie Brown, Cotchery or Curry?

Standard scoring with 1ppr. We can start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR. I also wasn't sure about Burleson but figured the matchup was solid.

Currently my lineup is...

Romo

Bush

MJD

Housh

Burleson

?

Cooley

Folk

Bears

Thanks Gil. :D

Who should I go with as my flex option?

Earnest Graham, Ahman Green, Vernand Morency, Reggie Brown, Cotchery or Curry?

Standard scoring with 1ppr. We can start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR. I also wasn't sure about Burleson but figured the matchup was solid.

Currently my lineup is...

Romo

Bush

MJD

Housh

Burleson

?

Cooley

Folk

Bears

Thanks Gil. :D

I put Graham in and bump Burleson for Cotchery.

Standard scoring, No ppr

T Jones against Philly or B. Leonard against the Ravens?

If ppr i would definately plug in Leonard as Jones hasn't done much for me this year.

Also have to start 2 of these 3 wr.

CJ-bengals

Burress

Edwards

I keep flip flopping on these 3 as they all have been great for me this year but can only start 2 :D

Standard scoring, No ppr

T Jones against Philly or B. Leonard against the Ravens?

If ppr i would definately plug in Leonard as Jones hasn't done much for me this year.

Also have to start 2 of these 3 wr.

CJ-bengals

Burress

Edwards

I keep flip flopping on these 3 as they all have been great for me this year but can only start 2 :D

Call me crazy, but I really like the Jones matchup. I think he'll have a pretty decent day. Hate Leonard going on the road against the Ravens.

Not a bad problem to have. Check the weather, but CJ had an extra week to whine about why he's not getting the ball more, and in the past when he's been disgruntled, they'd made a concentrated effort to get him the ball. I have made the mistake of not playing Burress with his ankle, and left points on the bench...but this week I'm starting him, so he's due for a dud. I think Braylon Edwards is a stud in the making and has a very juicy matchup today. I run with CJ and Edwards and sit Plax.

No PPR league, standard scoring with yardage.

D. Ward on MNF @ ATL?

Or

J. Fargas @ SD?

Or...

D. Wynn vs. WASH?

My RB1 is Edge, and Gore is on a bye.

Thanks, Gil.

Ward is ready to go and even with Jacobs last week, he did get quite a few touches. He's earned it. I see Fargas as a one week wonder.

The GB RB situation is a mess now and Washington has a stout d. For one week, go with the best matchup---Ward.