[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP WATCH

uglytuna

I agree with John Clayton of ESPN:

What the NFL is seeing is history in the making. Brady has 21 touchdown passes in six games, putting him on pace to throw 56 TD passes, seven more than Manning's record of 49. Brady is completing 72.5 percent of his passes, which could shatter Ken Anderson's completion record of 70.55 set in 1982. Brady's current quarterback rating of 128.9 tops Manning's 121.1 season record set in 2004.

ugly :D tuna

...OK...here come the avalanche of responses...

I could be an MVP as well if my team were a bunch of CHEATERS!!! :D But I couldn't date Gisele...I'm far to ugly for her...

In all seriousness, Brady is having the season of a lifetime...and to think that he could still be on the bench if Mo Lewis did not nearly kill Bledsoe with that vein-ripping hit.

AP has to be in the discussion as well...he has been incredible.

Edited by The Wolf

Brady is indeed having a MVP season. However, we have all heard that NE is not about one player but about the TEAM. Manangement has proven this time and time again by releasing top FA's who are too expensive and replacing them with less known yet very productive players.

My idea of the MVP is that the team would not be nearly as good without that player... So are you saying that the Patriots are only as good as Brady??

I would contend that Brady is not even the MVP of his own team. The MVP of the Patriots is Randy Moss. He is the reason that Brady has the guady numbers this year. Welker, Brady, Stallworth are all beneficiaries of defenses trying to figure out ways to stop Moss.

Cuncur that at this point of the season AD has to get some props as MVP.

Edited by T-Scorp

What amazes me us Tom finally has the weapons Peyton has and he has be more dangerous than Peyton has ever been. I think when this season is all said done Brady will most likely break Manning's mark and will now be clearly the best QB in the NFL. Tom has won Super Bowls with less talent and Peyton only won once with all that talent the past 5 years.

-ATBB

Tom has won Super Bowls with less talent and Peyton only won once with all that talent the past 5 years.

That comment wins the Retarded Post of the Year award.

Brady has had vastly more defensive and special teams talent than Peyton ever has. He's even had a better O-line over the past few years.

What amazes me us Tom finally has the weapons Peyton has and he has be more dangerous than Peyton has ever been. I think when this season is all said done Brady will most likely break Manning's mark and will now be clearly the best QB in the NFL. Tom has won Super Bowls with less talent and Peyton only won once with all that talent the past 5 years.

-ATBB

:D

-ATBB

Ugly Tuna

Sgt Ryan

you are now a close third

That comment wins the Retarded Post of the Year award.

Brady has had vastly more defensive and special teams talent than Peyton ever has. He's even had a better O-line over the past few years.

You plug Brady into those Colts teams and you win 2 more Super Bowls. Brady has won more than Peyton with less talent. You know its true!

You plug Brady into those Colts teams and you win 2 more Super Bowls. Brady has won more than Peyton with less talent. You know its true!

Uh, no you don't. Brady has never advanced to a Super Bowl without an elite defense and relied heavily on Vinatieri in each one. Good luck getting that clutch kicking out of Vanderchoke.

As much as I hate to say this, but right now, the MVP discussion is Tom Brady and no one else...pretty close to LT last year....no one could even make an argument for anyone else...

Really? What if Favre throws for 4,000 yds and 30+ TDs and leads an offense that can't run the ball to the playoffs? Isn't he more "valuable" to his team's success than Brady is to a Pats team that literally has no weaknesses? And why is Moss not as strong a candidate as Brady? He's on pace for about 1,900 yds and 24 TDs.

If the Packers win the Norris and make the playoffs, Favre should be the most VALUABLE player (even if Brady or Moss are the "best" player in the league this year).

Really? What if Favre throws for 4,000 yds and 30+ TDs and leads an offense that can't run the ball to the playoffs? Isn't he more "valuable" to his team's success than Brady is to a Pats team that literally has no weaknesses? And why is Moss not as strong a candidate as Brady? He's on pace for about 1,900 yds and 24 TDs.

If the Packers win the Norris and make the playoffs, Favre should be the most VALUABLE player (even if Brady or Moss are the "best" player in the league this year).

You didnt even quote the full post, so to be fair to the guy, he followed all that up by saying there are more games to be played and alot can change. But the point is, right now, its not really close. Favre? are you kidding me? He's got 9TDs and 6 picks. Brady has 21 and 2. He's leading the league in TDs, yds, Qrating, completion %, and his team is undefeated and leading the league in scoring. Moss has been unbelievable, but the reasaon he wont win it is because he doesnt the pass the ball. Brady's other 2 targets, neither named Moss, had 7/136/1TD and 11/124/2TDs against Dallas. Moss creates the open space with the skewed coverages. Brady still has to deliver the ball. It looks pretty easy. I really doubt it is. Pretty much a landslide at the moment. Brady 1, Moss 2. But it is only week 6.

I would agree that if GB makeas the playoffs Favre makes a strong case for the fact he was more valuable to his team than any other player in the NFL.

That being said I would love to see a thread quoting all the media "experts" handing out their MVP this early in the season. I know I've heard a few "he's my MVP at this point conversations". It would be cool to see who in the end gets it right.