[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore out week 8?

theeohiostate

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat believes Frank Gore may be in danger of missing next Sunday's game against New Orleans.

Gore sprained an ankle in the first half Sunday, had it taped up on the sideline, then reportedly played the rest of the game on pure adrenaline. 49ers coach Mike Nolan wanted to take him out, but Gore insisted on staying in. More is expected to be known about Gore's injury on Monday. Michael Robinson would likely get the bulk of the load if Gore sits out Week 8.

Bye week filler, Michael Robinson ?

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat believes Frank Gore may be in danger of missing next Sunday's game against New Orleans.

Gore sprained an ankle in the first half Sunday, had it taped up on the sideline, then reportedly played the rest of the game on pure adrenaline. 49ers coach Mike Nolan wanted to take him out, but Gore insisted on staying in. More is expected to be known about Gore's injury on Monday. Michael Robinson would likely get the bulk of the load if Gore sits out Week 8.

Bye week filler, Michael Robinson ?

we'll speculate this game time decision.

After SJax and Gore this season, I don't think any more RBs will be predicting 2000+ yd seasons anytime soon.

Shoot, I'd be happy with just owning a 16 game RB...

Cool. Now Frank can take some time off too. Why should Rudi, Ahman, Javon, and Anquan have all the fun on my squad?!?

Oh, well. At least the good news for the Gore owners is that the loss of his production probably won't make or break you. As for his backups, the only reason Gore is even getting respectable yardage totals is because he's a stud talent. I wouldn't expect a whole lot from Robinson or Hicks.

Dont think there is any word on Gore just yet...or Ronnie Brown for that matter..

owning both of them, here's hoping that Brown takes this week off and does NOT travel to London...then has his bye week, and comes back strong......crossing fingers....

with Gore, well, Plaxico has been playing through ankle sprain the entire year....time to suck it up, Frank!!

Let's hope he's right as could have decent match up against the Saints:

Frank Gore was reportedly "limping noticeably" after spraining his ankle Sunday, but said afterward that he expects to play in Week 8.

"I'm looking forward to playing," Gore said. "I'll take it day by day. I'll see Wednesday or Thursday." Gore played through the injury for the entire second half Sunday despite coach Mike Nolan reportedly wanting to rest him. If he is sidelined, Michael Robinson would likely start in his place

I know this has to be taken with a grain of salt, but sportsline is reporting that Gore expects to play:

News: According to the San Francisco Chronicle, 49ers RB Frank Gore had someone roll up on his right ankle in the second quarter against the Giants but remained in the game after getting an additional tape job on the sideline. After the game, he was limping noticeably but pledged to play against New Orleans in Week 8. "I'm looking forward to playing," he said. "I'll take it day by day. I'll see Wednesday or Thursday."

Analysis: Expect Gore to be fine for the Saints, but continue to monitor his status. He would be considered a No. 1 RB against the New Orleans if he's 100 percent.

And he came back last game fine after the half. This seems like BS to me... BTW this guy is the only offensive weapon SF has if you haven't noticed. :D

I can't believe it ether. It's too bad to see him suffering this year, especially after stealing him last year in my keeper league.

Has there been any word about Alex Smith starting this week?

News: Alex Smith proved he can make all the throws during practice Wednesday, and he claims his injured right shoulder is ready to take the hits. The only thing standing between the San Francisco 49ers quarterback and his old job is coach Mike Nolan, who will wait a little longer before choosing a starter for Sunday's game against New Orleans. Smith took every snap with the 49ers' first-team offense Wednesday, his first full day of team practice since separating his shoulder on the third play of San Francisco's 23-3 loss to Seattle on Sept. 30. Smith looked strong and confident, showing little of the indecision that factored into Nolan's decision to keep him on the bench Week 7 against the Giants. "It felt good to be back out in the huddle and not sitting back and watching," Smith said. "As the day went on, my arm felt better and better, and I think it will feel even better (Thursday). Getting out there (Wednesday) is definitely a good step."

from cbs so take it FWIW