[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, at bar in Houston Saturday night

loaf

I did tell him I was from Cleveland and a Browns fan. He brought up the Bradshaw tackle that put him out of action for several weeks. I mentioned Joe "Turkey" Jones and his eyes lit up and he was like "YES!" That's who did it. Though he couldn't remember who backed up Bradshaw and neither could I...

Cliff Stoudt? (he was the backup QB for PIT in the mid-late 70's I think).

sitting there, drinking my beer, a kinda tall older man comes in and sits down. I ask for the OSU-PSU game to be put on one of the TVs...for some reason they were watching the Aggies :D Anyway, the older man overhears me ask and says that's the game of night...get to talking and I notice he's got a big ring on his finger. I find out his name is Bill Russell and he's a former linebacker for the Steelers and played in the 75 Super Bowl (or at least was on the team). Cool guy, ring wasn't as gaudy as the ones nowadays. He told me of his days playing for Missouri and going up against Paterno for the first game ever played in Happy Valley. Just thought I'd share.

Thats awesome loaf ..Bill russell ..how did he have time to win a super bowl while he was leading the Boston Celtics to 13 straight titles :D