[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remember Remember the 5th of November

rbmcdonald

That band of internet rabble, nerds & wackos (as described by the national media), are at it again. Today they are having a Interthon for the Ron Paul campaign, results by hour of funds raised (this is not pledges, this is actual donations made on the website via Credit Cards or Pay Pal).

Midnight – 1 AM $200K

1 AM – 2 AM $50K

2 AM – 3 AM $75K

3 AM – 4 AM $75K

4 AM – 5 AM $50K

5 AM – 6 AM $50K

6 AM – 7 AM $100K

7 AM – 8 AM $100K

8 AM – 9 AM $225K

9 AM – 10 AM $225K

10 AM – 11 AM $225K

11 AM – Noon $225K

Noon – 1 PM $150K

First half Total $1,750,000

Not bad for a bunch of nerds and wacko’s

www.ThisNovember5th.com

From Wikipedia;

Paul has been called conservative, Constitutionalist, and libertarian. He advocates non-interventionist foreign policy, having voted against the Iraq War Resolution, but in favor of force against terrorists in Afghanistan. He favors withdrawal from NATO and the United Nations; supports free trade, rejecting NAFTA as "managed trade"; and opposes amnesty and birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. Having pledged never to raise taxes, he has long advocated ending the federal income tax and reducing government spending by abolishing most federal agencies; he favors hard money and opposes the Federal Reserve. He also opposes the Patriot Act, the federal War on Drugs, and gun control. Paul is "strongly pro-life",[2][3] advocates the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and affirms states' rights to determine the legality of abortion.[4]

I don't think you can end federal income tax and the Federal Reserve does have its place so I wouldn't think those are realistic goals. But it does sound like he may try to make a serious run on reducing federal fat. I don't like him wanting to overturn Roe v Wade, but I don't think that would happen. Other than that, he doesn't sound like too much of a kookoo bird...not that I've seen him speak or looked closely at him as of yet.

Wait...isn't that the guy that went off during a debate about how we shouldn't be in Iraq and that we broke the law, etc? If so, never mind. :D

He did not say that we broke the law, what he said was that we did not follow the Constitution. Congress basicly gave up thier Constitutional Authority.

And the 24 hours ended just short of $4 Million. Pretty amasing what a few guys with computers can do.

Edited by rbmcdonald

You Ron Paul nazi truther freaks are scary...

After voicing some mild suspicions, Jason Francis finally threw his virtual hands up in the air. "I am now convinced that this site is owned and operated by Ron Paul supporters with the express purpose of discrediting any and all presidential candidates, especially Fred Thompson, without reasoned debate or even relatively polite discussion,"

Indeed, Texas lawmaker Ron Paul seems to have escaped the phenomenon. A Ron Paul forum hosted from the same IP address, and with the same layout as the others, is packed with genuine supporters in earnest discussion. The registered owner of that domain did not respond to interview requests from Wired News.

"9/11 was an inside job" (paraphrased Ron Paul 2007)

Very curious H8 would have something against Ron Paul, since it seems those guys are on the same boat with everything but the Iraq war.

If you categorically dismiss the other side (Dem/Lib, whatever) as evil, then by default you become "we are borg". "we are borg" shortcircuts if too much times is devoted to thought of self-reliance.

If you categorically dismiss the other side (Dem/Lib, whatever) as evil, then by default you become "we are borg". "we are borg" shortcircuts if too much times is devoted to thought of self-reliance.

But Ron Paul plays for Team H8 (aka "the Republicans")

Then again, with a military service record like this...

was drafted into the U.S. Air Force during the Cuban Missile Crisis.[21] He remained in the military during the early years of the Vietnam War.[22] He served active duty as a flight surgeon from 1963 until 1965, attending to the ear, nose, and throat problems of pilots in South Korea, Iran, Ethiopia, and Turkey, but was never sent to Vietnam. Based out of Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, Paul achieved the rank of captain

...he probably looks MUCH more like Gore or Kerry than Cheney and Bush. It's pretty apparent that the GOP hates soldiers.

I agree that Paul's libertarian roots go a bit far in his ambition of doing things like taking out the IRS and the FED, but I agree with much of the other things he advocates. The guy simply comes across as real in his beliefs unlike most of the politicians on the left and right who don't speak a word without having a focus group review it. As far as his blurb about why we got hit on 9-11? I applaud him for it. Those who hold it against him are not taking those words in context at all.