[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Johnson

neilfish2

Chad Johnson (probable, neck) returned to a complete practice Friday.

An impressive recovery considering Johnson was taken off the field last week on a stretcher. With CB Samari Rolle out, FS Ed Reed appearing unlikely to play Sunday, and Chris Henry back from suspension, the Bengals' passing game should be hitting on all cylinders. Johnson stands to benefit. Nov. 9 - 1:49 pm et

i like chad, and i'm a bengals homer, but there is a part of me that believes he just cried "no mas" in his head and stayed down on that play. even when he laid there, i was saying to myself that he was over dramaticizing the situation and i was betting that he would be out on the field next sunday. the hit just did not look that bad. i know here in cincy, the shellacking he would have received this week for all those drops was tempered/eliminated with everyone expressing their thankfulness that he was OK. i would not put a move like this past his super-sized ego. i'm growing wary of him.

does this make me a bad person?

i like chad, and i'm a bengals homer, but there is a part of me that believes he just cried "no mas" in his head and stayed down on that play. even when he laid there, i was saying to myself that he was over dramaticizing the situation and i was betting that he would be out on the field next sunday. the hit just did not look that bad. i know here in cincy, the shellacking he would have received this week for all those drops was tempered/eliminated with everyone expressing their thankfulness that he was OK. i would not put a move like this past his super-sized ego. i'm growing wary of him.

I doubt he was over dramaticizing :D and no, it does not make you a bad person....

No, thats pretty much what I was thinking when I saw it too. :D

Ok, so for real...who's actually gonna start him this week? I'm really thinking long and hard about starting Hackett over him. Before he hurt himself he actually has been a detriment to my team the past three weeks. Now look at the situation...he was in an ambulance six days ago, he's going against the Ravens in Baltimore, and the return of Chris Henry? Man, everything points to a 3-35 game for CJ in my opinion, if that! So bottom line? I'm changing my lineup right now and putting in Hackett. What are other CJ owners gonna do this morning??

Problem is, now that I take him out, he'll go for 8-110 and 2tds, but my gut says no way...

I'm playing him over Hines Ward today ...

Really? That is a bold move. Ward has Cleveland today. Hmmm, I dunno about that one. Cleveland D sucks, Ward is going to go for 90+ and td for sure. He's due for a good game. Ben will reward him for his stellar blocking last week!!

That is a much easier decision! This is no way a WDIS, I just want to get a feeling from other CJ owners on their thoughts of the situation.

Thanks!

It kind of is IMO.

Depends what your options are.

One league I'm playing him (other option Berrian or Reggie Brown)

Another league he's benched for G. Jennings,

Depends what you got on the bench.

Really? That is a bold move. Ward has Cleveland today. Hmmm, I dunno about that one. Cleveland D sucks, Ward is going to go for 90+ and td for sure. He's due for a good game. Ben will reward him for his stellar blocking last week!!

I'm worried about that prospect too of course, but I think CJ will put doubt to rest today. I'm playing Engram over Hines Ward too actually, though Im beginning to waiver on that given the weather report for MNF in Seatle

I'd like Brentastic's #2 to happen either way. I'd prefer to have a player on the bench score points and get in a groove than not play well at all, screws you for coming weeks.

FWIW, I just dropped Isaac Bruce to pick up a QB to fill in for Brady. So I'm starting CJ over James Jones, maybe not really a tough call for some, but I don't see Johnson having a good day in yards or receptions. 4-45 wouldn't surprise me at all.

However, given his penchant for the dramatic and lack of scoring lately, I also wouldn't be surprised to see him to haul in a game winning TD or 2 point conversion or something crazy like that....thanking Baby Jesus afterwards, etc....

Let's cross our fingers...

Edited by The Waterboy

2 things:

1. CJ has always hammed up in-game injuries. He is notorious for this, anyone who watches a lot of Bengals games can surely back me up here

2. CJ will go off today. If you bench him, be aware.

ditto. weak balt secondary, chad wanting to make a point after last week's disaster, henry in there to draw away some coverage.

should be a solid start.

I'm playing Engram over Hines Ward too actually, though Im beginning to waiver on that given the weather report for MNF in Seatle

not to hijack here but, be careful with this. There is a hugh storm coming down from alaska due tonight & tommorrow. rain, wind, cold... the whole 9.

11,000 people lost power last night on capitol hill.... only a couple miles from Qwest.

not to hijack here but, be careful with this. There is a hugh storm coming down from alaska due tonight & tommorrow. rain, wind, cold... the whole 9.

11,000 people lost power last night on capitol hill.... only a couple miles from Qwest.

See, that's what I was wondering about ... in fact I started a thread that went nowhere already today on the MNF weather. I've already sat Josh Brown down, but you think temper expectations on the passing games too huh?