[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peterson limped off

RussMan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hope he is out for the year. I hate the Vikings, always have.

Idiots are guys who:

dont know how to use the "quote" function :D

and

guys that lash out "idiot" without knowing reasons for original statements. :D

[/quote

your post makes you a punk arse idiot

wishing a season ending injury for a player is actually a step below idiot, regardless of your inane reasons for doing so.

Dude - that is sooo wrong.

If I've said it before, I've said it a million times.

If it benefits my fantasy team, it's a good thing. If it hurts my team, it's a bad thing. If it does neither, it's just a thing. You guys are tools if you don't understand the reality of that.

And for what it's worth, this one happens to be a bad thing, but that's the way it goes.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Very true chavez. I just hope and pray for anything that will contribute to the losing of MINN. If he plays again, I hope MINN just loses anyway.

We got to enjoy Sanders and Payton even while their teams sucked nuts (for the most part).

Putting up with the occasional embarrassment is worth it for the treat of seeing how well you matchup against the truly great ones twice a year.

Dickerson Says He Doesn't Want Peterson to Break His NFL Record

By Bob Bensch

Nov. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Eric Dickerson has owned the National Football League's single-season rushing record for 23 years and says he's not ready to give it up just yet.

Dickerson's mark of 2,105 yards for the Los Angeles Rams in 1984 might be challenged this season by Minnesota's Adrian Peterson. The Vikings' rookie has rushed for 1,036 yards in a half season, giving him a chance to surpass Dickerson. He's the first runner in the NFL's 88-year history to top 1,000 yards in his first eight games.

``He has a good shot at doing it. I hope he doesn't, to be honest,'' Dickerson, 47, said in a telephone interview. ``You want those records as long as you can. That's part of having the record, your name gets brought up, and it's great for him and it's great for me.''

Peterson, 22, is also making a run at Dickerson's rookie record of 1,808 yards set in 1983. He ran for an NFL-record 296 yards against San Diego last week, becoming the first rookie to gain more than 200 yards twice in a season.

Dickerson said he's surprised his rookie record might fall before the overall mark.

``That's a record that I thought would stand longer than the 2,000 yards, because you only get one shot,'' said Dickerson, who was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999.

Peterson set a record as a freshman at the University of Oklahoma in 2004, rushing for 1,925 yards to set a major-college mark for first-year players. He finished second to University of Southern California quarterback Matt Leinart for the Heisman Trophy as the nation's top player.

Injuries

With a straight-up running style that makes it easier for defenders to hit him, Peterson was slowed by injuries the next two years and totaled just 2,120 yards. That caused some concern for NFL teams and he dropped to the seventh pick in April's draft.

``It's tough,'' said Dickerson, who ranks sixth in NFL history with 13,259 yards. ``I had injury problems when I was in college. Sometimes, your body's not developed all the way, and playing running back is a brutal position.''

In two days, Peterson faces the Green Bay Packers, who rank eighth in the NFL in rushing yards allowed. When the two teams met in Minnesota on Sept. 30, Peterson gained 112 yards, the only back to top the 100-yard mark against Green Bay this season.

After last week, defenses may be gearing their game plan to stopping the run when they face Minnesota.

``He just put all the defenses on notice that this guy can hurt you and hurt you bad. Like, getting-people-out-of-jobs bad,'' Dickerson said. ``You're going to see a lot of eight-man fronts.''

Dickerson say he's became of fan of Peterson's after watching him in college.

``I thought he was the best player in the draft, and I think a lot of teams feel the same way, now that they've passed on him,'' he said

STARTRIBUNE.com

Peterson update: Sprain, but MRI tomorrow

November 11th, 2007 – 4:05 PM by Kevin Seifert

The Vikings are taking a cautious approach to diagnosing the right knee injury of franchise running back Adrian Peterson. He will undergo an MRI tomorrow morning in hopes that it isn’t more serious than a sprain.

Coach Brad Childress said the injury is being called a sprain “right now” and said initial tests were a decent sign. But, he added ominously: “Stranger things have happened.”

Peterson said he couldn’t gauge how serious the injury was, but he did stand and speak with reporters for an extended period after today’s 34-0 loss to Green Bay. He said that he felt a helmet or shoulder hit his knee just as he made a cut on the Lambeau Field grass. Peterson said he felt the hit was clean.

“I was in pain there for a minute there and it slowly went away,” he said. “Right now, I’m banking it’s a sprained knee.”

We’re calling it a knee sprain right know. We really don’t know anything until we go and tkae that mri picture tomororw. it’s a decent sign, althought stranger tghings hvave happened.

Edited by gobller

Peterson update: Sprain, but MRI tomorrow

November 11th, 2007 – 4:05 PM by Kevin Seifert

The Vikings are taking a cautious approach to diagnosing the right knee injury of franchise running back Adrian Peterson. He will undergo an MRI tomorrow morning in hopes that it isn’t more serious than a sprain.

Coach Brad Childress said the injury is being called a sprain “right now” and said initial tests were a decent sign. But, he added ominously: “Stranger things have happened.”

Peterson said he couldn’t gauge how serious the injury was, but he did stand and speak with reporters for an extended period after today’s 34-0 loss to Green Bay. He said that he felt a helmet or shoulder hit his knee just as he made a cut on the Lambeau Field grass. Peterson said he felt the hit was clean.

“I was in pain there for a minute there and it slowly went away,” he said. “Right now, I’m banking it’s a sprained knee.”

We’re calling it a knee sprain right know. We really don’t know anything until we go and tkae that mri picture tomororw. it’s a decent sign, althought stranger tghings hvave happened.

Thank you for the update.

I can hope he is out for the year. I hate the Vikings, always have.

Idiots are guys who:

dont know how to use the "quote" function :D

and

guys that lash out "idiot" without knowing reasons for original statements. :D

OK. Than how about A Hole?

Edited by fitzkek

According to coach Brad Childress, Adrian Peterson has been diagnosed with a sprained knee "right now" and will undergo an MRI on Monday.

Peterson was seen jogging on the sidelines late in the Vikings' blowout loss and kept his pads on throughout, which are probably good signs after he left the game in the third quarter following a hit to the leg. "I was in pain there for a minute there and it slowly went away," Peterson said. "Right now, I'm banking it's a sprained knee."