[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv Turner

Gdawg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Norv , for turning my 1st overall pick in the draft (LT2) from being THE "ultimate stud" RB into just the "average" stud RB....

:D sorry, 4 more yards and I would have the top points for the week...and this just isn't what most people expected for LT2 coming into the season.

What was up with the two challenges Norv made this game? Both of them were horrible, and the second one really could have bit him in the arse, considering he couldn't challenge that last INT. Wouldn't have mattered, but THAT was the play to challenge IMO. Absolutely horrible coaching.

You LT owners are whinning too much

Looking at the RBs drafted in the first round of my local:

1.01 1. Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

1.02 2. Jackson, Steven STL RB

1.03 3. Johnson, Larry KCC RB

1.04 4. Gore, Frank SFO RB

1.05 5. Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

1.06 6. Addai, Joseph IND RB

1.07 7. Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

1.08 8. Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

1.09 9. Parker, Willie PIT RB

1.10 10. Bush, Reggie NOS RB

1.12 12. Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Injuries have decimated the 1st round RBs. LT is ranked THIRD of all RBs in my league before this week. With the injury to AP it is likely LT will move up.

Injuries have decimated the 1st round RBs. LT is ranked THIRD of all RBs in my league before this week. With the injury to AP it is likely LT will move up.

I have a fair number of those guys, too :D

It'st been a crazy year. Guess we're all just used to the LT owner winning it all.

Agreed! Complaining about Norv is one thing. But, to complain about LT is crap. Just 'cause you draft him @1 doesn't mean he will be. In FF, you want a solid dependable starter, LT has proven to be that among ALLL the pre-season picks.

I admit it. I am whining as an LT owner. I just hate to see the potential for points getting wasted because of an IDIOT of a HC. All in all, I guess I see your point, and I'm happy LT is producing despite Mr. Turner.

Ours did, in two leagues. However, I'd suppose that would rest upon the over-all team make-up.

I hope to do it my local this year with this team:

Warner / Campbell .... (cut Vince Young this week)

LT / Jacobs / Selvin Young / Chester Taylor / DeAngelo Williams

Larry Fitzgerald / Reggie Wayne / Roy Williams / Roddy White

Jason Witten

Gostkowski

NYG / PIT

Keeper league? :D

Nope - redrafter.

Drafted LT 1.01

Reggie Wayne + Roy Williams at the 2.12 / 3.01 turn

Mark Clayton :D + Brandon Jacobs at the 4.12 / 5.01 turn (very happy to get Jacobs there)

Vince Young + Jason Witten at the 6.12 / 7.01 turn (both last in their tiers ... obviously Witten has been HUGH)

DeAngelo Williams + Norwood at 8.12 / 9.01 ... was very happy these guys were here but they have not panned out

DAL + PIT at 10.12 / 11.01 ... seemed to be the best on the board ... cut Dallas very early on

Alex Smith (SF) + Chester Taylor at 12.12 / 13.01 ... gambled on Alex, couldn't pass on Chester

Drew Carter + Roddy White at 14.12 / 15.01

Gostkowski at 16.12

Cut Drew Carter before week one to get Jason Campbell

Traded Pittman + McDonald for Fitz to the Caddy owner the week after Caddy got hurt

Picked up the Giants to cover PIT's off week and can't cut them now

Picked up Warner in his off week

Picked up Selvin Young when the Travis Henry news broke

Nope - redrafter.

Drafted LT 1.01

Reggie Wayne + Roy Williams at the 2.12 / 3.01 turn

Mark Clayton :D + Brandon Jacobs at the 4.12 / 5.01 turn (very happy to get Jacobs there)

Vince Young + Jason Witten at the 6.12 / 7.01 turn (both last in their tiers ... obviously Witten has been HUGH)

DeAngelo Williams + Norwood at 8.12 / 9.01 ... was very happy these guys were here but they have not panned out

DAL + PIT at 10.12 / 11.01 ... seemed to be the best on the board ... cut Dallas very early on

Alex Smith (SF) + Chester Taylor at 12.12 / 13.01 ... gambled on Alex, couldn't pass on Chester

Drew Carter + Roddy White at 14.12 / 15.01

Gostkowski at 16.12

Cut Drew Carter before week one to get Jason Campbell

Traded Pittman + McDonald for Fitz to the Caddy owner the week after Caddy got hurt

Picked up the Giants to cover PIT's off week and can't cut them now

Picked up Warner in his off week

Picked up Selvin Young when the Travis Henry news broke

Ah! A shrewd trade would have been my next guess. When I saw LT, Jacobs, Wayne, Williams, and Fitz I thought that would be tough to achieve in a re-draft as you could argue those are all first, second, or third rounders. Nice work!

What was up with the two challenges Norv made this game? Both of them were horrible, and the second one really could have bit him in the arse, considering he couldn't challenge that last INT. Wouldn't have mattered, but THAT was the play to challenge IMO. Absolutely horrible coaching.

As I mentioned elsewhere, it seems there's no-one looking at the replays and relaying to the sideline. Both challenges were indeed awful.

That lucky piece of crap Turner gets the win, but I'm sure the SD fans are still fuming.

Turner is an awful HC! This was definitely the luckiest win I have seen as a Chargers fan!

I dont know if everyone caught this, BUT several times on the sidelines when the Chargers offence went back to the sidelines, Rivers and Norv Turner seemed to be really getting it on. Rivers is so and then when I wore my first dressing bad this year it isnt even funny. 2 points he got me yesterday, thats unexceptable. Several times I noticed Rivers face look like he wanted to kick Norv in the nuts!!

It boggles my mind how you inherit a perfect roster and just totally screw everything up like Norv did.

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

This team is ready to win now and Norv is gonna waste it all.

LT ain't getting any younger. How can the offense regress so badly under an offensive coach???

The guy supposedly has a history of making RBs. He's killing us.

I fully believe he has no control over the team. We won that game (I still can't believe it)

in spite of him.

Thank you Adam Vinatieri.

This is a lost season. FIRE NORV NOW!!!

Neither team deserved to win that game last night. It should have ended in a tie, would have been the only justice.

That being said. I've never seen a more talented offensive team perform so pathetically. I've seen pee wee football teams with more imagination on offense than that sad sack bunch showed last night. There edging dangerously close to Baltimore Ravens territory right now. An absolute embarassment.