[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing to play for ...

Grits and Shins

In my local this week is the last week of the regular season. I wrapped up the number 1 seed last week. My opponent locked up the 5th seed last week. Neither one of us have anything to play for. The results of our game will have zero impact on the standings and playoffs.

I get a bye in week 14.

Two weeks before I play a meaningful game. While it is nice to be in this position ... it means the next two weeks in that league are blah. I feel kind of let down ... despite the very good position.

Fortunately I have some other leagues where at least THIS week is meaningful ... yet to be seen if I can make it to the week after.

Anybody playing for nothing this week?

Edited by Grits and Shins

Well ... she says she's your mom ... maybe the woman you buried is not your mom ... or maybe the woman that comes over is really your wife or sister

Either way ... she makes good cookies.

:D Nice backpedal.

I'm playing for nothing in MSHB. :D

Well ... she says she's your mom ... maybe the woman you buried is not your mom ... or maybe the woman that comes over is really your wife or sister

Nothing in Ladder. My competition lost the last 2 games so just waiting for the playoffs.

...then yer a sick fuçk, cuz my Mom's been dead for 13 years.

This will not end well....

not the wife, don't have a sister.....oh wait!!!!

i know who it is!....my ex-wife!

the cookies ain't bad....but when she offers you the pie, i strongly suggest you decline.

:D

We have two weeks to go in the regular season. Me and another guy have wrapped up the top 2 seeds (4 teams make the play-offs). I'm glad that a) I'm in and :D I'm assured of not playing the other guy in the 1st round. If I was sleazy, I'd tank this week because I'm playing a guy who's sort of plodding along but has the inside track on one of the other spots and there are some guys behind him that have been putting up some monster numbers of late that I'd rather not face.

As it stands, I'll just play my best players and hope they don't do well. Selfishly, I really wish Minn would rest AP one more week 'cause I don't need the points right now.

We have two weeks to go in the regular season. Me and another guy have wrapped up the top 2 seeds (4 teams make the play-offs). I'm glad that a) I'm in and :D I'm assured of not playing the other guy in the 1st round. If I was sleazy, I'd tank this week because I'm playing a guy who's sort of plodding along but has the inside track on one of the other spots and there are some guys behind him that have been putting up some monster numbers of late that I'd rather not face.

As it stands, I'll just play my best players and hope they don't do well. Selfishly, I really wish Minn would rest AP one more week 'cause I don't need the points right now.

My arch rival NEEDED me to win my week 12 game to keep his playoff hopes alive. I did not need the win. He asked if I considered pulling PIT's defense before Monday night's game to guarantee I would lose and boot him out of the playoffs (thus ending his quest for the three peat, which by the way I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAPPEN). I never considered it.

In our local we also have a small cash prize for the team that has the most points scored against them on the year ... kinda of our "we know you have a tough schedule" token. This week the two teams that have a chance to win this bonus play each other. So they could both try to throw their games to ensure they win the category. Except that one of them needs the win for a shot at the playoffs (the same one I defeated in week 12). So we could have a situation where one team gives it there all because they need to win ... and the other one tanks it for his only chance at some prize money.

not the wife, don't have a sister.....oh wait!!!!

i know who it is!....my ex-wife!

the cookies ain't bad....but when she offers you the pie, i strongly suggest you decline.

You have an ex-wife? Now there's a shocker. Someone that couldn't tolerate you, hard to believe.

In my local I had 1st wrapped last week so nothing to play for there. Of course it ended up being the week where the team I played went wild with 130 pts.

In my other league I have 2nd place locked but the cash for most points in the season is down to me & the 1st place team. As long as he does no beat my score this week by more that 11 pts I'm in the money. But otherwise I don't care if I win or lose this week.

Next week is a different matter altogether. :D

In 4 of my 6 leagues I have nothing to play for and am just waiting around for the playoffs to begin. In another, a win this week and I'm in. The 6th one is one that honestly I haven't paid much attention to but I wish I did as I'm a game or 2 out of playoff contention and still aren't mathematically eliminated, however, it's over.

Bring on the playoffs!! :D

In one of my locals, I am actually playing this week to hopefully make it into the Toilet Bowl playoffs (bottom 2 teams are out of it completely and I am right on the edge between 2nd worst and 3rd worst). :D

In 4 of my 6 leagues I have nothing to play for and am just waiting around for the playoffs to begin. In another, a win this week and I'm in. The 6th one is one that honestly I haven't paid much attention to but I wish I did as I'm a game or 2 out of playoff contention and still aren't mathematically eliminated, however, it's over.

Bring on the playoffs!! :D

This thread had to get Irish extremely excited, as it was an open invitation for him to come in and brag.

By the way, I just got around to reading the post about the trade with Avernus............great work, I'm glad to see you are working on changing your ways :D (And no, there was nothing wrong with the trade, but, there was a lot wrong with the way you responded)

This probably isn't the post for it, but, that one got locked, and after trying to reach out to you in the past, at this point, I have to agree with Hugh One, Darin, Puddy, and others in that thread.....I've officially lost all hope for you. The worst part is, I still don't think you see why people feel the way they do about you.

I know this is mis-placed, but, reading that thread about the Avernus thread just annoyed me too much to not respond.

Oh yeah - :wacko:

One league I've wrapped up my division, 1/4 of the money and a first round bye in the playoffs.

In my other money league, I'm tied for second wioth two games to go and seven of the 12 teams in the league are within 2 games. Not to mention, I lost Cedric benson last week and one of the lower teams (darn waiver wire) picked up peterson. Now, I'm starting Droughns and Maurice Morris (I have both Jacobs and Alexander) ...and have to start 3 WR instead of 3 RB's....grrrrrrrr

I have a good chance at not making the playoffs since only 4 teams make the playoffs

Have to win out to guarantee a spot (unless I win this one and the two 7-5 teams lose - very much a nail biter!!!!