[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The World’s Biggest Military Buildups.

evil_gop_liars

Well as long as our military continues to spend at least $300 billion more than any other country on our military I'll be satisfied. We absolutely need the strongest military.

Now, see. I agree with that. :olivebranch:

BUT they need to be used wisely. That is where we are falling down at the moment.

Now, see. I agree with that. :olivebranch:

BUT they need to be used wisely. That is where we are falling down at the moment.

I agree with you there. IMO the government isn't designed to be in the business of being efficient, or making a profit. So instead they overspend in area's that are unnecessary, and spend less in area's that need more help. Luckily, however, a lot the money spent on our military is going to the more efficient private industries who're focusing on developing weapons, vehicles, etc. for our military needs. The biggest concern I have, though, is the increased demand for more money to support those veterans who need it once they return. Because this money isn't there, I'm very thankful University of Washington has a program to assist in the costs of my education. At least I know my college appreciates the sacrifices our military veterans make! :D

Well as long as our military continues to spend at least $300 billion more than any other country on our military I'll be satisfied. We absolutely need the strongest military.

I think you'll find that in pure $$$ terms, we spend more on our military than all the other countries of the world combined. So you don't need to worry for the foreseeable future.

Sorry I am angry at them for causing the USD to shrivel in the past month.

No worries. If our government were smart they'd start pushing to pay off major portions of our debt owed to China, especially now that the US dollar is almost worth nothing. If there is any good that is coming from the decline of our dollar, it's the decline of value China holds with our debt. We may just "stick it to 'em" while the timing is right. :D

As long as we continue making stuff like this, I'm happy. Just think how hated we will be in the world with platoons of Master Chiefs running about.

We'll have a lot less US casualties of war when this change does occur. Looking forward to it. There's a saying that one day there will be a weapon so feared, so powerful and destructive, that even a terrorist couldn't fathom using it, or having it used on them. And there's no real way to argue against it because I doubt we can conceive of the power and ability a weapon of such sort can have. But then again, there's always gotta be one person willing to try it out.... maybe that will be what ends humanity... not sure.

We'll have a lot less US casualties of war when this change does occur. Looking forward to it. There's a saying that one day there will be a weapon so feared, so powerful and destructive, that even a terrorist couldn't fathom using it, or having it used on them. And there's no real way to argue against it because I doubt we can conceive of the power and ability a weapon of such sort can have. But then again, there's always gotta be one person willing to try it out.... maybe that will be what ends humanity... not sure.

Terrorists do not care for their lives therefor I doube they will care about our weapons killing them.

If someone is willing to pilot a plane into a building then I fear he has no fear.

Terrorists do not care for their lives therefor I doube they will care about our weapons killing them.

If someone is willing to pilot a plane into a building then I fear he has no fear.

Everyone's got a limit.

What if we could simply send to the middle east around 10,000 highly intelligent, heavily armored, fast, powerful, invisibly cloaked robots that work 24/7 dominating any and all terrorists that get in its way of completing a mission. We're talking about a robot that can sense, with 99.9% accuracy a terrorist, a bomb, or whatever within miles of where the robot currently rests. I'm pretty sure the Middle East will quickly perk up with kind morals knowing they've got thousands of invisible robots roaming their land waiting for them to make a false move. :D:D

Everyone's got a limit.

What if we could simply send to the middle east around 10,000 highly intelligent, heavily armored, fast, powerful, invisibly cloaked robots that work 24/7 dominating any and all terrorists that get in its way of completing a mission. We're talking about a robot that can sense, with 99.9% accuracy a terrorist, a bomb, or whatever within miles of where the robot currently rests. I'm pretty sure the Middle East will quickly perk up with kind morals knowing they've got thousands of invisible robots roaming their land waiting for them to make a false move. :D:D

I do not believe these terroists and extremists have a limit

dying a martyrin their eyes is actually embraced and honorable

99 virgins my Ass

none the less i too believe they have no fear of dying ..unfortunately

I do not believe these terroists and extremists have a limit

dying a martyrin their eyes is actually embraced and honorable

99 virgins my Ass

none the less i too believe they have no fear of dying ..unfortunately

So you don't think the idea of having invisible, powerful, terrorist hunting robots roaming all over the middle east won't get the terrorists to think twice about even thinking about killing an innocent person? What if terrorists began to realize that every time they start preparing to blow themselves up and kill innocent people they were stopped before they could even finish developing the plan to do so in the first place? They'd get nowhere every time because the robots would be there, destroying all of them without even being seen. Once you condition the terrorists to fear the idea of being a terrorist we can begin the process of flushing them out of society quicker than one can rant "Death and destruction in the name of Allah!"

There's a saying that one day there will be a weapon so feared, so powerful and destructive, that even a terrorist couldn't fathom using it, or having it used on them.

Wasn't it Planet of the Apes where they talked about a cobalt bomb so intense it would ignite the atmosphere and therefore be the ultimate Doomsday weapon?

Wasn't it Planet of the Apes where they talked about a cobalt bomb so intense it would ignite the atmosphere and therefore be the ultimate Doomsday weapon?

It's funny you ask - I remember reading something that made a comment similar to the one you quoted from me above. I don't think I got it from Planet of the Apes, but that does sound familiar to me. It may even be where I got it from. About six years ago I took a weekend off and watched the whole Planet of the Apes series. Good times...

Wikipedia (where else?)

A cobalt bomb, a type of salted bomb, is a form of nuclear weapon originally proposed by physicist Leó Szilárd, who suggested that it would be capable of destroying all life on Earth. The weapon's tamper would be made of ordinary cobalt metal, rather than a fissionable material like depleted uranium. This would be transmuted into the isotope cobalt-60 upon initiation and bombardment by neutron radiation. 60Co is a very strong emitter of gamma rays as it undergoes beta decay, and has historically been used for beneficial purposes in radiation therapy.

Everyone's got a limit.

We're talking about a robot that can sense, with 99.9% accuracy a terrorist

what you really mean is a skin color detector, right?

and our well funded Military is sure doing a bang up job against a bunch of dudes with 25-year old AK-47s and chicken-wire-bumble-gum bombs.

what you really mean is a skin color detector, right?

and our well funded Military is sure doing a bang up job against a bunch of dudes with 25-year old AK-47s and chicken-wire-bumble-gum bombs.

You're doing a stand-up job, keep it up. :D

First off, in no way should what anything I have ever said be reflected as being racist, if that is what you are trying to insinuate. In fact, when I wrote about this fictional 'super-weapon', and when I thought how great it would be to be able to detect with 99.9% accuracy where or who the terrorists are, I was thinking of the robots ability to measure, understand, and appropriately interpret actual human brain waves. This has nothing to do with the color of anyones skin. And besides, I've been to the middle east and I know for a fact if some robot were to roam around there detecting terrorists based on the color of their skin, we'd have a huge mess on our hands because a majority of everyone over there is the same race. This is something you should already know even if you have not been over to the middle east. It's common knowledge, perhaps.

I also find it pathetic that after assuming what I wrote is racist, you are quick to throw in a personal jab insinuating that me, and our military as a whole, are failing to stop "a bunch of dudes with 25-year old AK-47s..." I don't think you quite understand the implications you made or how false those implications really are, but the fact is our military is over in a war zone making their best effort to win a war, only to have to come home and deal with trying to explain ourselves for something I really don't know if ordinary civilians will ever understand. At least not to the extent of understanding the personal-effects of, nor have the first hand knowledge of War. But, because you didn't understand what you were getting into when you made that stupid comment, I'll stop it at that.. unless you have something further to say?