[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 more month

dmarc117

Smoking in a private club I have no problem with, Ruby Tuesdays and TGI Fridays are public places.

LOL...and just when you wanted to go to the bar...instead of a cover charge, they will charge a 10 dollar annula membership fee...or 1 dollar...issue you a card on the spot and let you in. Lots of places are membership only but are open to the public. Stupid law and too easy to get around.

"Hello sir...how many to be seated to day?"

"6 for smoking"

"Um Sir, you do know you will have to pay on dollar each to be members of our privat smoking establishment?"

"Ah yes...no problem."

It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! did the dumb ass government really solve. NOTHING. I cannot stand it when free market supporters show they truly do not support the free market. Laughable.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been in place for a while now in NY..If I was still a smoker and was at a bar I would just set the person next to me on fire..They still get injured..Smoke is involved..Its win win

As much as I hate coming home smelling like smoke, I have to agree.

+1. If the staff are a concern, have them sign a waiver. All the big talk here in Minny about non-smokers coming to bars to replace the smokers has proved to be a bunch of hooey, as was always going to be the case. The fact is that the rabid anti-smokers would never be seen dead in most bars anyway, especially the ones where the smokers tended to go.

I like the idea of everything but bars. There should be bars that are allowed to cater to smokers. Make them post a sign stating it is a smoking establishment. I'm quit smoking about 5 years ago, and most ex-smokers are the biggest smoking nazis, but taking smoke out the bars seems a bit over the top. It's okay to pickle your liver but heaven forbid you get some secondhand smoke.

i quit 4 yrs ago...but i remember my first trip to california when i was a smoker...went to a bar to have a drink, dinner and wanted to light up and asked for an ashtray....the bartender said its no smoking in here but you can go out on our smoking porch...the damn thing was like 8' x 8' with 20 people out there smoking their asses off...i didnt need a cig that bad

Smoking is a personal decision that has a direct negative effect on the people around you. Nobody has the right to pollute our breathing air. Without a law how would you suggest we enforce our right to clean breathing air? Fist to cuffs everytime someone lights up in public? Laws are a good thing, they protect the public from idiots.

stay locked up in your house with the windows closed with your Ionic Breeze Air Purifier running full blast :D

Cars are a necessity, smoking is not. Not even close.

Try not to confuse me for some hippie liberal tree hugging PETA moran. I'm not. Can someone just answer me one question. Why do smokers have the right to harm the public in public places? Why?

you can walk, jog, run, crawl or ride a bike...you do not NEED a car

Unfortunately I can't afford a house within 15 miles of where I work. I'd like to be able to ride a bycicle to work to offset sitting behind a desk all day. Since my enlistment my health has gone down hill.

Cars are a major polluter and deserve their own topic but I just can't draw the comparison between them and smoking. Honestly I could careless about where people smoke as long as it's not around my children.

then maybe you should change jobs :D

if something is important enough to you then you make changes and sacrifices....if its really not that important and you just want to bitsch then have at it

and with regards to the last bolded part in the last quote

if you bring your kids to where people are legally allowed to smoke should the government step in with a law that would charge you with child abuse? after all you state you know that second hand smoke causes cancer and that would mean you are knowingly putting your children in harms way

Edited by keggerz

When the smokers stop smoking the taxes generated from a pack of smokes disappears. Our government (state and federal) has become dependant upon this tax base. What will be taxed next? :D I seriously doubt they will have any tax cuts...they never do.

I thought bars, restuarants, etc. were private establishments. Another way of "Hiya, I'm from the government, I'm backed by crying 'ss, flamin, liberals, and I'm here to help ya." F''k that. Stay away from me. :wacko:

So, when all the smokers stop smoking (or are dead from smoking :D) we'll be sitting in that bar or restuarant, breathing stagnant, recirculated air (because the establishment used too many carbon credits from the previous month) drinking one beer costing $29.99 a bottle. :D Only one beer or whiskey because our government has now instituted a one drink maximum.

Oh yeah...I do not drink or smoke you dumb 'ss morons.

Edited by nickspicks

When the smokers stop smoking the taxes generated from a pack of smokes disappears. Our government (state and federal) has become dependant upon this tax base. What will be taxed next? :D I seriously doubt they will have any tax cuts...they never do.

I thought bars, restuarants, etc. were private establishments. Another way of "Hiya, I'm from the government, I'm backed by crying 'ss, flamin, liberals, and I'm here to help ya." F''k that. Stay away from me. :wacko:

So, when all the smokers stop smoking (or are dead from smoking :D) we'll be sitting in that bar or restuarant, breathing stagnant, recirculated air (because the establishment used too many carbon credits from the previous month) drinking one beer costing $29.99 a bottle. :D Only one beer or whiskey because our government has now instituted a one drink maximum.

Oh yeah...I do not drink or smoke you dumb 'ss morons.

Thanks for that intellectual gem. :D