[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mitchell report

whomper

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newschannel 4's Jonathan Dienst has obtained names of baseball players expected to be on George Mitchell's list of players linked to performance-enhancing drugs in major league baseball. Baseball officials are refuting several names on the list.

A high-ranking MLB official said there are several errors in the list provided to WNBC.com by two sources. Original sources are standing by the preliminary list provided to WNBC.com. Therefore, we working to clarify the list at this time.

:D

A high-ranking MLB official said there are several errors in the list provided to WNBC.com by two sources. Original sources are standing by the preliminary list provided to WNBC.com. Therefore, we working to clarify the list at this time.

maybe that stuff about there being two lists has some substance. i doubt it though. who would be dumb enough to think ALL the MLB teams were tight enough to contain any and all leaks?

No, that is my serious opinion. Why can't players take supplements to enhance their body? Why are some supplements illegal and others aren't? Who gets to choose and why? I'm serious.

I believe that not all of the substances they take are necessarily legal, nor are the people distributing them necessarily legally allowed to distribute them for the purposes in which they are being used.

I understand what you are saying, but every other sport on the planet and their respective governing bodies have pretty specific guidelines and testing procedures to keep this stuff in check. Baseball not only hasn't had this in place, but more or less condoned the "culture".

The immense popularity and success and value of each and every one of the 30 franchises, let alone the billions of dollars of taxpayer dollars used by the franchises to get their palaces built and remodeled, is testament to how much the public (tacitly) loved the stuff too, and for people to bitch and moan about it now is rather laughable.

Not to get all grand scheme and stuff on you, but there are immense parallels between this whole baseball mess and our present day society in general. We think it's awesome when people start hitting 70 home runs. We frickin' love it when we steamroll a sovereign nation in the Middle East. We act angry when we find out baseball players cheated, and we act horrified when we find out our government lied.

I believe that not all of the substances they take are necessarily legal, nor are the people distributing them necessarily legally allowed to distribute them for the purposes in which they are being used.

I understand what you are saying, but every other sport on the planet and their respective governing bodies have pretty specific guidelines and testing procedures to keep this stuff in check. Baseball not only hasn't had this in place, but more or less condoned the "culture".

The immense popularity and success and value of each and every one of the 30 franchises, let alone the billions of dollars of taxpayer dollars used by the franchises to get their palaces built and remodeled, is testament to how much the public (tacitly) loved the stuff too, and for people to bitch and moan about it now is rather laughable.

Not to get all grand scheme and stuff on you, but there are immense parallels between this whole baseball mess and our present day society in general. We think it's awesome when people start hitting 70 home runs. We frickin' love it when we steamroll a sovereign nation in the Middle East. We act angry when we find out baseball players cheated, and we act horrified when we find out our government lied.

:D

So does all these players get the famous "*****" by their name. If you believe they shouldn't why not? I am curious. Shouldn't everyone get the Barry Bonds treatment if they did steroids period?

Of course in theory what you are saying is true but if you think public scorn is going to be the same for Guillermo Mota as it is for the man that broke the most sacred record in baseball you are sadly mistaken..Again . I see where you are going with this but you are not thinking in reality..