[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mitchell report

whomper

anybody found a page number with a list of the players in the PDF?

I don't think it's there. So much the better. Each player is named, and then each name is backed up with at least several pages of evidence that backs up their inclusion.

There's no due process at work here, but the "where there's smoke there's fire' thing sure sounds solid.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks.

after doing a Search, for Jason Varitek, the Search of the PDF was 0 results.

phew....

This is the list, apparently:

Lenny Dykstra

David Segui

Larry Bigbie

Brian Roberts

Jack Cust

Tim Laker

Josias Manzanillo

Todd Hundley

Mark Carreon

Hal Morris

Matt Franco

Rondell White

Roger Clemens

Andy Pettitte

Chuck Knoblauch

Jason Grimsley

Gregg Zaun

David Justice

F.P. Santangelo

Glenallen Hill

Mo Vaughn

Denny Neagle

Ron Villone

Ryan Franklin

Chris Donnels

Todd Williams

Phil Hiatt

Todd Pratt

Kevin Young

Mike Lansing

Cody McKay

Kent Mercker

Adam Piatt

Miguel Tejada

Jason Christiansen

Mike Stanton

Stephen Randolph

Jerry Hairston

Paul Lo Duca

Adam Riggs

Bart Miadich

Fernando Vina

Kevin Brown

Eric Gagne

Mike Bell

Matt Herges

Gary Bennett, Jr.

Jim Parque

Brendan Donnelly

Chad Allen

Jeff Williams

Howie Clark

Nook Logan

So maybe 10 or 11 of them are interesting - most I've never heard of....

Edit: and those like Bonds that had a different (private) source somehow look like they're innocent for not showing up here. Good for them....

Edited by Coffeeman

Of course in theory what you are saying is true but if you think public scorn is going to be the same for Guillermo Mota as it is for the man that broke the most sacred record in baseball you are sadly mistaken..Again . I see where you are going with this but you are not thinking in reality..

Why is that. Isn't cheating cheating. If its not whats the fuss about the steriods. Everyone needs to be treated the same period if you did Mr. Bonds that way. Just another case of a waste of time and money if something isn't done the same across the board. Otherwise tell the kids that do steriods don't worry about it. Your special you want suffer as bad as the rest if your caught. So go ahead and do it.

ICDHO, this report means nothing. We all know illegal steroids have been a huge part of the game. This stuff goes way back in different forms. Heck, they were using greenies back in the old days.

Ho Hum, business as usual for MLB. Don't care either way at this point. Athletes have been doing this in all sports for a long time.

ICDHO, this report means nothing. We all know illegal steroids have been a huge part of the game. This stuff goes way back in different forms. Heck, they were using greenies back in the old days.

Ho Hum, business as usual for MLB. Don't care either way at this point. Athletes have been doing this in all sports for a long time.

I totally agree with you. The only thing that I hate is that they act like Mr. Bonds was the only one in the world doing it. Trying to make an example out of him. I just want to see now what they will do. Plus what this does to baseball this season. Because in reality some people may not return to the stands to watch games.

I totally agree with you. The only thing that I hate is that they act like Mr. Bonds was the only one in the world doing it. Trying to make an example out of him. I just want to see now what they will do. Plus what this does to baseball this season. Because in reality some people may not return to the stands to watch games.

Bonds just broke the most sacred record in baseball ...ofcourse he was the poster boy for this ...a record like that attracts too much attention and is too important to be tainted ..so Bonds has to be the biggest example (made )

Why is that. Isn't cheating cheating. If its not whats the fuss about the steriods. Everyone needs to be treated the same period if you did Mr. Bonds that way. Just another case of a waste of time and money if something isn't done the same across the board. Otherwise tell the kids that do steriods don't worry about it. Your special you want suffer as bad as the rest if your caught. So go ahead and do it.

There has been no official * put next to Bonds record so we are speaking now of public opinion..People are going to pay more attention to Bonds then these no names because of his single season HR record and all time record..I dont know what kind of * you expect to put next to Josias Manzanillo. Do you want to take away a double he hit in Pawtucket ? I agree that cheating is cheating but why waste your breath and say that everyone here is going to be looked at evenly. Stealing is stealing but if I take a candy bar I am not going to be dealt with the same as if I take a Cadillac. Time will tell how these guys are dealt with ..Access to the hall of fame ..Revoking records..Who knows. but Bonds is the poster boy for Roids and this list wont change that..McGuire is a close 2nd

Edited by whomper

There has been no official * put next to Bonds record so we are speaking now of public opinion..People are going to pay more attention to Bonds then these no names because of his single season HR record and all time record..I dont know what kind of * you expect to put next to Josias Manzanillo. Do you want to take away a double he hit in Pawtucket ? I agree that cheating is cheating but why waste your breath and say that everyone here is going to be looked at evenly. Stealing is stealing but if I take a candy bar I am not going to be dealt with the same as if I take a Cadillac. Time will tell how these guys are dealt with ..Access to the hall of fame ..Revoking records..Who knows. but Bonds is the poster boy for Roids and this list wont change that..McGuire is a close 2nd

well, the big loser here is clemens IMO. his statistical achievements are just as jaw-dropping as bonds', and should now be every bit as tainted.

well, the big loser here is clemens IMO. his statistical achievements are just as jaw-dropping as bonds', and should now be every bit as tainted.

I agree and its sort of my point..Clemens is up there with Bonds as far as accomplishments and I think that is the scale these guys are going to be judged on..

You seem surprised that he's on the list. Must not be a Cowherd radio fan - he's been saying this for a long time. So now what - does this answer all the questions about who's records should contain an *, or not? I'd say no, since it couldn't possibly have captured all the potential guilty parties.

So either let 'em all into the HOF, or keep everyone out since the late 1980's, just to be safe. Good luck with that...

Edited by Coffeeman

In simply skimming the section on him, I think you're right. Basically, the timeline has him coming out of Boston clea, then taking them once he was in Toronto. He went from back to back 10 win seasons, to back to back 20 wins and CY's.

This really taints his hall of fame claim, and makes the accomplishments of one Greg Maddux all the more impressive.

This is the list, apparently:

Lenny Dykstra

David Segui

Larry Bigbie

Brian Roberts

Jack Cust

Tim Laker

Josias Manzanillo

Todd Hundley

Mark Carreon

Hal Morris

Matt Franco

Rondell White

Roger Clemens

Andy Pettitte

Chuck Knoblauch

Jason Grimsley

Gregg Zaun

David Justice

F.P. Santangelo

Glenallen Hill

Mo Vaughn

Denny Neagle

Ron Villone

Ryan Franklin

Chris Donnels

Todd Williams

Phil Hiatt

Todd Pratt

Kevin Young

Mike Lansing

Cody McKay

Kent Mercker

Adam Piatt

Miguel Tejada

Jason Christiansen

Mike Stanton

Stephen Randolph

Jerry Hairston

Paul Lo Duca

Adam Riggs

Bart Miadich

Fernando Vina

Kevin Brown

Eric Gagne

Mike Bell

Matt Herges

Gary Bennett, Jr.

Jim Parque

Brendan Donnelly

Chad Allen

Jeff Williams

Howie Clark

Nook Logan

How accurate could this list be if McGuire Sosa Bonds and Giambi arent on it

How accurate could this list be if McGuire Sosa Bonds and Giambi arent on it

Half the report is about Bonds and the links to Balco, there's a substantial section on McGwire and the finding of andro in his locker.This was a summary list compiled from the latter half of the report that broke down why they were listed. Sosa doesn't appear because there's no available evidence to tie him to anything: no links to BALCO, no failed tests, no reporters finding andro in his locker. Pretty simple. Does it mean he didn't do them? Maybe.

So, why does Congress get involved in stuff like this? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me. Shouldn't this be strictly a MLB issue? If the League doesn't want to allow steroids or HGH, so be it... but I don't want my Congressman or Senator to get invovled at any point in a sports related ruling. Am I wrong about that?

So, why does Congress get involved in stuff like this? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me. Shouldn't this be strictly a MLB issue? If the League doesn't want to allow steroids or HGH, so be it... but I don't want my Congressman or Senator to get invovled at any point in a sports related ruling. Am I wrong about that?

i think it might have something to do with the illegal steroid distribution and such....meaning MLB is just a part of the bigger picture :D

edit: what i mean to say is that they are going after MLB by acting like they are really concerned with drug trafficking

Edited by keggerz