[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hotel Glasses

jaxfactor

This "non wash" happened to me at the Lowes Coronado Resort in California this Fall ... Mixed my own drink in one of the (glass) glasses in the evening and it left a very visible red ring at the bottom of the glass .. Left glass on desk ... went to seminar ... returned, found room "cleaned" ... drinking glasses now neatly back on table by comfy chairs set on new coasters ... one of them still had a bit of the red residue on the inside of the glass. Who knew the staining power of Berry Tang would bring evidence of shoddy customer service? Gotta love Berry Tang. :D

Made me go eeeeeww, but I'd already had some difficulty with the Lowes management being closer to 1-star than 5-star, so I wsn't completely surprised. Nearly the whole experience at that Lowes (out on the strand of coronado near San Diego) was disappointing... far inferior to my previous stays in SD -- one at the Marriott on the waterfront and one at the Marriott out on the island. Next time in Coronado, I'll skip Lowes. :D

I guess no one has ever watched bartenders cleaning glasses? :D

Um, as a former bartender, at every place I've worked, it's a 3-step procedure - wash out in soapy water with a rag or automatic washer, rinse soap off in clean water, sanitize in a 3rd sink, set back on the bar.

Then again, rr is from Cicero - people DEMAND their drinks in dirty glasses there.