[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

clemens

isleseeya

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complete joke, nothing specific was talked about and it proved nothing.......... Roger is a moran, and he comes off as so defensive and guilty. The more he talks, the more I believe he is guilty. McNamee loves Clemens, and had no choice but to give him up.

I can't wait til this all comes out even more and he gets buried.

Couldn't agree more.

They were waiting for him to say to Roger that he did do it and they werent lies when Roger kept saying I am tired of the lies and that he didnt do roids. Why didnt Mac say . Well Roger..yes you did . I agree it wasnt a slam dunk for Clemens but it didnt hurt as bad as people are making it seem. It didnt say a great deal either way

Whomper, if your Roger, and your trainer has lied and told the world that he injected you with steroids thus tarnishing your illustrious career are you not going to say to him " BRIAN, WHY DID YOU LIE?" And when he asks you 21 times during the phone conversation "Roger, what do you want me to do? If you want me to go to prison for you, I will. Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it" 21 times .... Isn't your response going to be "BRIAN, I NEED YOU TO COME TO MY PRESS CONFERENCE ON MONDAY, RECANT YOUR STORY AND TELL THE MF TRUTH."

The mans guilty. But his ego and his fear of having his career and rep tarnished is getting in the way of him showing any integrity. I think that Roger used steroids for only 2-3 years of his career and he doesn't believe that it should tarnish his long career, his records and the "work" he put in to be the best. The sad part is that he would have probably gone to the HOF as the best pitcher of all time without the "help". Sad.

Roger used steroids and Brians grief and despair about turning in his close friend speaks volumes. I hope that Brians family is getting him some help because he sounded very much like a person that is desperately in need of some help.

Edited by theprofessor

The sad part is that he would have probably gone to the HOF as the best pitcher of all time without the "help". Sad.

That is debatable. Notice the hugh change in numbers after he left the Sox for the Blue Jays? I won't say he may not have dug out a Hall of Fame career, but the best pitcher of all time?...not even close.

You're absolutely correct. He should have just flat out said. You know you didnt inject me with roids why did you say that ? In the press conference afterwards he was asked and confirmed that his lawyers were there during that phone call. That explains the long pauses bewteen discussion.

Whomper, if your Roger, and your trainer has lied and told the world that he injected you with steroids thus tarnishing your illustrious career are you not going to say to him " BRIAN, WHY DID YOU LIE?" And when he asks you 21 times during the phone conversation "Roger, what do you want me to do? If you want me to go to prison for you, I will. Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it" 21 times .... Isn't your response going to be "BRIAN, I NEED YOU TO COME TO MY PRESS CONFERENCE ON MONDAY, RECANT YOUR STORY AND TELL THE MF TRUTH."

The mans guilty. But his ego and his fear of having his career and rep tarnished is getting in the way of him showing any integrity. I think that Roger used steroids for only 2-3 years of his career and he doesn't believe that it should tarnish his long career, his records and the "work" he put in to be the best. The sad part is that he would have probably gone to the HOF as the best pitcher of all time without the "help". Sad.

Roger used steroids and Brians grief and despair about turning in his close friend speaks volumes. I hope that Brians family is getting him some help because he sounded very much like a person that is desperately in need of some help.

I agree and said so in a later post then the one you quoted. I dont think the taped call hurt him but it created a lot of questions . Number 1 being what you and GTS said. Why didnt he ask him direct flat out

Edited by whomper

I agree and said so in a later post then the one you quoted. I dont think the taped call hurt him but it created a lot of questions . Number 1 being what you and GTS said. Why didnt he ask him direct flat out

i heard it explained as being worried about being able to be accused of witnessing tampering(his attorney evidently went over with him things he could say and ask prior to the call)

Nice episode of Roid Rage

how dare your bat break by accident

:D

The funny thing is, what's the excuse for when he did this? "He thought it was the ball."

"OK, I'll take baseball strategy for 200"

"How often the pitcher throw the ball at a baserunner 5 steps out of the batter's box?"

"What is never?"

I mean, even when people challenge the excuse they challenge it on the merits of whether he would truly confuse a broken bat with a baseball. But what the hell? Why's he throwing anything at all at the dude?

:D

The funny thing is, what's the excuse for when he did this? "He thought it was the ball."

"OK, I'll take baseball strategy for 200"

"How often the pitcher throw the ball at a baserunner 5 steps out of the batter's box?"

"What is never?"

I mean, even when people challenge the excuse they challenge it on the merits of whether he would truly confuse a broken bat with a baseball. But what the hell? Why's he throwing anything at all at the dude?

Bingo. . .if he really thought it was the ball, he would have impaled Tino Martinez, not Piazza.