[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your latest Britney Spears update

wiegie

I just don't see it as necessarily just axis I stuff. She's had a weird life all her life and I don't for a minute doubt that her childhood was skewed. I agree with the Gator fan that bipolar's popularity has much to do with insurance $$.

I used to totally shy away from axis II diagnoses, but honestly I see a ton of folks for evaluations with lifelong histories of doing the same wrong stuff over and over. A primary axis II isn't as insurance friendly though...

I guess why I am unsure of a personality disorder is the that in the DSM a personality disorder is seen when the individual is not under the influence of substances. It seems widely reported that she is using something. Her erratic behavior has really picked up over the last year or two when the heavy usage increased and the drugs probably caught up with her.

Without a doubt Britney has something else mentally going on besides the substance abuse, but I would guess if you removed the drugs, we would find something more in the axis I area. And a mood disorder would be the first thing I would look at. That said, the circumstances of her life over the past several years would drive many people over the edge.

Of course it's all speculation at this point.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I just don't see it as necessarily just axis I stuff. She's had a weird life all her life and I don't for a minute doubt that her childhood was skewed. I agree with the Gator fan that bipolar's popularity has much to do with insurance $$.

I used to totally shy away from axis II diagnoses, but honestly I see a ton of folks for evaluations with lifelong histories of doing the same wrong stuff over and over. A primary axis II isn't as insurance friendly though...

Assign your GAF please

and that my be generous... :D

EVERYONE CALM DOWN!!!!!!! Dr. Phil is now on the case.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/0...d.ap/index.html

:D

Even with her crappy support unit, one would think that she'd be able to buy the best psychological care available (and I don't mean Dr. Phil) and get her act together.

Even with her crappy support unit, one would think that she'd be able to buy the best psychological care available (and I don't mean Dr. Phil) and get her act together.

That would require her having a brain and the ability to think logically.