[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guide to tipping...we've discussed before but...

I Like Soup

Suggested tip guidelines...(If someone goes above and beyond, you may want to give a little more)

Restaurant server - 15-20%

Takeout - 10%

Food delivery - $2

Parking valet - $2

Coat room attendant - no tip; $1 per item if coat-check is free

Washroom attendant - no tip (are those the kind at titty bars? :D )

Hairstylist - 15%

Shuttle driver - 15%

Taxi driver - 10%

Hotel housekeeper - $2-$5 per night

Doorman - $1-$3 per service

Tour guide - $1-$10 per day

Manicurist/pedicurist - 15%

Massage therapist - 15% (is that with a happy ending? :D )

Dry cleaner - no tip

Car was attendant - $2 per car

Flower delivery person - $2

Furniture delivery person - $10 per person

Babysitter - no tip

Guess I tip a little more than is the norm.

This will not end well...... :D

I usually tip the Pizza guy $4.00 because I live a little farther out then most folks

People I have never tipped....

Takeout

Washroom Attendent

Hotel Housekeeper

Doorman (outside of NY, does this job exist???? I guess I just go to lowclass places :D )

Dry Cleaner

Furniture delivery person

Guess I am just a cheap Bastard......

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Suggested tip guidelines...(If someone goes above and beyond, you may want to give a little more)

Restaurant server - 15-20%

Takeout - 10%

Food delivery - $2

Parking valet - $2

Coat room attendant - no tip; $1 per item if coat-check is free

Hairstylist - 15%

Shuttle driver - 15%

Taxi driver - 10%

Hotel housekeeper - $2-$5 per night

Doorman - $1-$3 per service

Tour guide - $1-$10 per day

Manicurist/pedicurist - 15%

Massage therapist - 15% (is that with a happy ending? :D )

Dry cleaner - no tip

Car was attendant - $2 per car

Flower delivery person - $2

Furniture delivery person - $10 per person

Babysitter - no tip

When we were moving a bit more, we tipped movers $10-$20 each. We also gave lots of bottled water during the move.

Restaurant server - 15-20% Unless there is something really wrong this is normal but low in many cases for us.

Takeout - 10% I don't do the takeout tip. I don't know why I don't but I don't. Those guys are probably spitting in my food. I do tip for curbside and that is a $5 no matter what the bill.

Food delivery - $2 Normally $5

Parking valet - $2$2 but if I know I am not staying long it is $5 as and I tell them to keep car close. It works like a charm all the time.

Coat room attendant - no tip; $1 per item if coat-check is free N/A in my world.

Washroom attendant - no tip (are those the kind at titty bars? :D ) If I use thier stuff I toss a buck or two otherwise nothing.

Hairstylist - 15% She gets my bill rounded up which equals $6.00 and a little change.

Shuttle driver - 15% I have never been to space but if it cost a million to ride the shuttle it is going to be a killer tip;)

Taxi driver - 10% I over do this all the time. I.e. if it as an $11 ride he will get $15.

Hotel housekeeper - $2-$5 per night I like some extra towels and such so I am on the upper end.

Doorman - $1-$3 per service N/A in my world.

Tour guide - $1-$10 per day I have only been on a few and I think I stiffed them.

Manicurist/pedicurist - 15% Sounds right but I have not used this service.

Massage therapist - 15% (is that with a happy ending? :D ) Sounds right but I have not used this service.

Dry cleaner - no tip Agree plus my guy does a crappy job. Maybe it is because I don't tip him.

Car was attendant - $2 per car Plus all the change he finds in the car. I go about $3 normally.

Flower delivery person - $2 I don't use them but I'd be at least $2.

Furniture delivery person - $10 per person Two guys normally come and a $20 is what I give them. However, I just stiffed a few guys about two weeks ago when the guy had a bad attitude and just rubbed me very wrong. He was not at all careful about banging stuff around etc. I told him on his way out when I signed the bill that I normally tip $20 but not today.

Babysitter - no tip You pay by the hour and let them eat your food. I would not think that a tip is normal but since I only use one sitter I do buy her a nice Christmas gift every year.

Those all sound pretty correct, though I don't use plenty of them. I also agree that take out should be less than 10%. Like another said, that's not much below the bottom threshold for a tip you give to somebody who brought a bunch of things to your table all night and cleaned up after you. Sticking a bunch of food in a bag and having you come by to pick it up should be more like a a buck or two regardless of the size of the bill. The only people affected by a larger take out check is the kitchen and they don't get tipped anyway.

I've always tipped message therapists, especially when they were working out of a studio since I'm sure some significant amount of the base bill goes to the house. Now my wife and I have a woman who comes out to the house every now and then. She does a great job and we always tipped her great. Finally, she said flat out, "Listen, I keep 100% of what you pay me, my rate is my rate and you really, really do not need to tip". We did the next time none the less and she, rather emphatically said the same again. You don't need to tell me 3 times. Actually, I understand where she's coming from. Whenever I end up taking the occasional customer (pretty much just happens when I run the door on my manager's day off and only at lunch when we don't have a bartender), I feel strange about getting tips and will often tell at least friends and regulars that they needn't bother doing so.

Especially if they use credit card because then I'd get stuck with that damned fee! :D

Takeout - 10%

Food delivery - $2

these two seem way out of whack to me. if you're getting more than 20 bucks worth of food, the guy YOU go to who simply puts your food in a bag and takes your money should get more than the guy who also puts your food in a bag but actually BRINGS it to your front door? that is simply senseless.

i also don't believe in tipping people who work behind a food counter (like chipotle, subway, that kind of place). or at coffee places if i'm just ordering plain black coffee (and paying 3 bucks for it :D)

Dude...especially when all they do is hand you an empty cup and point to the bank of Airpots with different coffee in them. Also, if they put some stupid motto on the jar like, "Tipping is not a city in China" or some such. They gets nothing. If you want to guilt people into giving you spare change, grab a sign, piss all over yourself, and sit on the corner.

Edited by detlef

Restaurant server - 15-20% always 20 or more

Takeout - 10% 0

Food delivery - $2 usually 5 i live in the country

Parking valet - $2 never had a valet

Coat room attendant - no tip; $1 per item if coat-check is free WHat?

Hairstylist - 15% WHAT :D

Shuttle driver - 15% 0

Taxi driver - 10% 0

Hotel housekeeper - $2-$5 per night depends on were im staying

Doorman - $1-$3 per service 0

Tour guide - $1-$10 per day what?

Manicurist/pedicurist - 15% :wacko:

Massage therapist - 15% (is that with a happy ending? :D ) :D

Dry cleaner - no tip 0

Car was attendant - $2 per car 0

Flower delivery person - $2 0

Furniture delivery person - $10 per person 0

Babysitter - no tip depends on what is for

Even the ice cream truck has a tip jar where I live. It says some crap about 401(k) on it. I just bought a $3 ice cream sandwich, good luck with that.

I always used to tip a minimum of 15% at restaurants. The older I get, the tighter I get with just giving 15% minimum. I won't hesitate to leave 5-10% if I feel the poor service was directly related to the server.

Restaurant server - 15-20% : typically 20. if they go beyound the call of duty it goes up. when very bad, i have almost not tipped at all and i let my reasons for it be known.

Takeout - 10% : $1-2

Food delivery - $2 :3-4, pizza a little less than chinese

Parking valet - $2 : $2-5 is about my norm

Coat room attendant - no tip; $1 per item if coat-check is free never have used

Washroom attendant - no tip (are those the kind at titty bars? :D ) don't tip

Hairstylist - 15% : $2-5, depending how much i like the cut

Shuttle driver - 15% : haven't taken a shuttle in a while

Taxi driver - 10% : sounds about right

Hotel housekeeper - $2-$5 per night : about $1-2 per night, there are many times we don't have them come into the room.... depends on length of stay

Doorman - $1-$3 per service don't tip

Tour guide - $1-$10 per day don't use tour guides

Manicurist/pedicurist - 15% do not use

Massage therapist - 15% (is that with a happy ending? :D ) :$5-10

Dry cleaner - no tip yep

Car was attendant - $2 per car $2-10, depending on type of wash and how good of a job

Flower delivery person - $2 $1-2

Furniture delivery person - $10 per person :$10-20 depending on difficulty of task and how carefull they are

Babysitter - no tip whats that?

If you want to guilt people into giving you spare change, grab a sign, piss all over yourself, and sit on the corner.

:D

By the way, in my drunken stupor the other night, judging by how much cash I had in the wallet and what I came home with, I tipped $20 cash and another $10 on the charge card for a $68 tab. But hey, I was there from just after kickoff of the first game. I tend to get overgenerous when I'm wasted.

:D

By the way, in my drunken stupor the other night, judging by how much cash I had in the wallet and what I came home with, I tipped $20 cash and another $10 on the charge card for a $68 tab. But hey, I was there from just after kickoff of the first game. I tend to get overgenerous when I'm wasted.

Man, that is a small tab...:D