[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sarah Connor Chronicles - Terminator Series

MrTed46

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need more characters or this will become stale quickly. It was exciting and action packed; like the movies. They will have to change and adapt it to make it a viable weekly series.

I thought they showed the ally terminator nips but it was just a gun shot in one scene.

I agree they need to add more character and they need to send new terminators we have seen these already.

Agree with both posters above. That said, it was the first new TV show that got me to watch in almost 2 years. It has potential, but they need move beyond the simple chase elements and introduce new characters/robots from the future.

And with 19 witnesses to the "robot leg", how much longer can the FBI agent be a cretin? Though it's now 8 years later since they switched to 2007 at the end.

Spoiler:

Also, the cops saw the bad terminator all cut up with metal exposed and pretty much run through the front door. Then Sarah Connor kills the bad terminator you have to think they found the parts/dead terminator when they raided the bank. They also prob found the time machine.

Someone gotta know Sarah isnt going crazy at this point.

Edit to add: The good terminator is pretty hawt...Sarah aint 2 bad either. The kid is doofy

Edited by MrTed46

Agree with both posters above. That said, it was the first new TV show that got me to watch in almost 2 years. It has potential, but they need move beyond the simple chase elements and introduce new characters/robots from the future.

Last night could just as well have been an outtake from the first movie but it's definitely worth a second shot. BTW, I don't think I've bothered with a new show since Jericho and I only lasted one episode of that.

I had no intention of watching it. I left the tv after the game and came back in the room about 15 minutes into it. It was a good start.

It seems like Prison Break to me. Alright, they're out... now what?

Then Sarah Connor kills the bad terminator you have to think they found the parts/dead terminator when they raided the bank. They also prob found the time machine.

i thought this was a huge point. the terminator remains, the futuristic gun, and the time machine were left in the year 1999. this kind of technology could lead to skynet, etc. the only option might be that the gun going off and killing the terminator destroyed everything there to the point of no return just after the 3 leaped into the future ...

it's a bit of a letdown with this series because it is set between the 2nd and 3rd movie. since we've seen the 3rd movie, we know that sarah connor dies, the world is destroyed, and john moves forward to lead the revolution. that kind of makes the entire series pointless unless they are just disregarding the 3rd movie. i also thought the next terminator movie follows john as he leads the revolution, so this would continue to support that no matter what they do in this series, they will not stop skynet.

now, if they keep adding hot babes, well, then none of this matters.

i thought this was a huge point. the terminator remains, the futuristic gun, and the time machine were left in the year 1999. this kind of technology could lead to skynet, etc. the only option might be that the gun going off and killing the terminator destroyed everything there to the point of no return just after the 3 leaped into the future ...

it's a bit of a letdown with this series because it is set between the 2nd and 3rd movie. since we've seen the 3rd movie, we know that sarah connor dies, the world is destroyed, and john moves forward to lead the revolution. that kind of makes the entire series pointless unless they are just disregarding the 3rd movie. i also thought the next terminator movie follows john as he leads the revolution, so this would continue to support that no matter what they do in this series, they will not stop skynet.

With time travel plots, if you change the past you change the future.

When they made Terminator 2 and 3, I think they made the point that no matter what you do this will happen. I think the computers taking the world over know that no matter what it will happen since they dont try to protect skynet, rather they are trying to kill John and see if that will crush the resistance. Also, in part 3 the good terminator knew that the future cant be changed. He was ordered or convinced to go by John but he ultimately knew it wasnt going to change a thing.

I am not bummed out that we know it will happen. As long as the story somewhat flows I will be content. I will watch this for cool special effects, hot babez, action and a decent story.

When they made Terminator 2 and 3, I think they made the point that no matter what you do this will happen. I think the computers taking the world over know that no matter what it will happen since they dont try to protect skynet, rather they are trying to kill John and see if that will crush the resistance. Also, in part 3 the good terminator knew that the future cant be changed. He was ordered or convinced to go by John but he ultimately knew it wasnt going to change a thing.

I am not bummed out that we know it will happen. As long as the story somewhat flows I will be content. I will watch this for cool special effects, hot babez, action and a decent story.

+1.

well, that's bogus. how can computers taking over be guaranteed to happen but john connor living and leading the revolution not be guaranteed to happen? either you can change the future or you can't. if the bad terminators are coming back to change the future, then those changes, or changes made my anyone else once they are aware of a potential future, should be possible. otherwise, there is no point in sending anyone back.

well, that's bogus. how can computers taking over be guaranteed to happen but john connor living and leading the revolution not be guaranteed to happen? either you can change the future or you can't. if the bad terminators are coming back to change the future, then those changes, or changes made my anyone else once they are aware of a potential future, should be possible. otherwise, there is no point in sending anyone back.

Presumably the computers know that Skynet was being developed along a separate track. Whether Connor lives or dies would not affect this per se. If he dies, he doesn't lead the revolution. If he lives, he does. Either way, the computers would exist with or without Connor.

u just have to have faith

Presumably the computers know that Skynet was being developed along a separate track. Whether Connor lives or dies would not affect this per se. If he dies, he doesn't lead the revolution. If he lives, he does. Either way, the computers would exist with or without Connor.

ok, but this would not preclude sarah or john deciding then to stop skynet from ever happening, which is what they are trying to do in the series. this takes me back to my original point, which is that unless the 3rd movie is just showing a potential scenario that never really happens (because sarah/john were successful in stopping skynet), we know for a fact that they will not be successful in changing the future in the series. so, if they try to build the series around these efforts, we already know they are going to fail. so it is somewhat of a bummer to watch them try, knowing it will make no difference, which takes away from the suspense in the series, and really the point of the series because we also know that in the 3rd movie, john survives and sarah does not. this removes any doubt that john will die in the series, so threats to his life have no suspense.

so the series can only serve to get us to the start of the 3rd movie, which isn't that long judging by the age of john connor. that does serve to fill this gap in the timeline, to see how sarah dies, but they can't reach out much beyond this unless they want to disregard the 3rd (and probably the 4th) movies.

ok, but this would not preclude sarah or john deciding then to stop skynet from ever happening, which is what they are trying to do in the series. this takes me back to my original point, which is that unless the 3rd movie is just showing a potential scenario that never really happens (because sarah/john were successful in stopping skynet), we know for a fact that they will not be successful in changing the future in the series. so, if they try to build the series around these efforts, we already know they are going to fail. so it is somewhat of a bummer to watch them try, knowing it will make no difference, which takes away from the suspense in the series, and really the point of the series because we also know that in the 3rd movie, john survives and sarah does not. this removes any doubt that john will die in the series, so threats to his life have no suspense.

so the series can only serve to get us to the start of the 3rd movie, which isn't that long judging by the age of john connor. that does serve to fill this gap in the timeline, to see how sarah dies, but they can't reach out much beyond this unless they want to disregard the 3rd (and probably the 4th) movies.

I agree with all this. Definitely this is a filler between 2 and 3 and really is just a special effects ridden way to put something on for an hour that people will watch. There aren't really any unanswered questions of any great import.

That said, it'll be fun to watch as long as it doesn't get bogged down in the drama queen crap (John falls in love with the hot robot blah blah) but it may run out of steam quite quickly.