[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Championship weather

DMD

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enterprise is right across the street, right? It's all woods behind Outlaw unless you get there late and get stuck in the middle.

Yep...

I didn't realize that about Outlaw. I will keep it in mind. Did they raise to $60?

There is another reason we use a lot on that side of the road, though...we meet up at the Walpole train station prior to the game so that we can take one vehicle over to the lot. Getting onto 1 S and circling back over to 1A is very easy from where we are. No crossing traffic nightmare.

Although the Outlaw is a good place to go after the game if you want to run into a Patriot. Nice people run the place, too. I met Mike Compton there once while he was in training camp. Hugh guy.

Which one is across the street from the old Spaghetti Eddies? That was nice and woody and a great place to tail gate.

That's where we go :D The Enterprise lot.

OK, so when I come wandering by with wife and friends in tow this weekend, who's going to invite me to their tailgate?

We always welcome people. Look for a white F-350 with a hard tonneau cover and feel free to drop in for a beer. If you are coming by to root for SD.....that' okay, just be prepared to take a ribbing :D

Yep...

I didn't realize that about Outlaw. I will keep it in mind. Did they raise to $60?

There is another reason we use a lot on that side of the road, though...we meet up at the Walpole train station prior to the game so that we can take one vehicle over to the lot. Getting onto 1 S and circling back over to 1A is very easy from where we are. No crossing traffic nightmare.

Although the Outlaw is a good place to go after the game if you want to run into a Patriot. Nice people run the place, too. I met Mike Compton there once while he was in training camp. Hugh guy.

That's where we go :D The Enterprise lot.

We always welcome people. Look for a white F-350 with a hard tonneau cover and feel free to drop in for a beer. If you are coming by to root for SD.....that' okay, just be prepared to take a ribbing :D

Nah, both wimmins is hardcore Pats fans. That's the reason we're coming up.

:D Wishful thinking???

I think it is funny that Charger fans want a crap weather game more than the "Winter Weather" home team. We know what is up! Stopping Tom Brady and that passing game is almost impossible. BUT THIS IS FOOTBALL. A game played in almost all conditions! The Pats are clearly much more "one dimentional" than the Chargers. I am pretty sure Bel-I-cheat (and the Pats fans too which is Ironic :wacko: ) does NOT want this to turn into a smashmouth, grind it out game in bad conditions. The National media and the PATs fans are the ones that are more concerned about the weather conditions than the Chargers (& fans) are. All the talk about "how will it effect the Pats passing game??? I think there is an actual understanding that this is a finesse team and will be much more effected than the Chargers. I wonder which team actually has the most pressure on them to win now.

Sure, I would love to see my Boltz get a help from the man upstairs! But that would either be an excuse for a Pats loss OR proof that the more balanced team won, whichever team it is. It just seems like there are already a lot of "factors" that are being brought out as to why the Pats could lose this game. Not one "expert" is picking the Boltz in this game, and I understand why. But...

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Funny! :D

which one is it?...can't have it both ways.

you sound like a man on pain medication. :D;)

keep waving them flags brutha...keep waving them flags :D

which one is it?...can't have it both ways.

you sound like a man on pain medication. :wacko::D

keep waving them flags brutha...keep waving them flags :D

:D

And you drinkin; da Koolade

Brutal

It may be even worse. They are predicting arctic winds coming straight down this weekend.

-34 wind chill at International Falls -31 at Fargo right now heading this way. Last week's game may be like a day at the beach. :D

Edited by Randall

OK, so when I come wandering by with wife and friends in tow this weekend, who's going to invite me to their tailgate?

If you are bringing the woman in your avi, I'll pick you up myself!! Everyone is welcome at our party. Black Chevy Avalanche, blue EZ UP, 50 gallon barrel with a fire raging!! Plenty of booze and food.

It may be even worse. They are predicting arctic winds coming straight down this weekend.

-34 wind chill at International Falls -31 at Fargo right now heading this way. Last week's game may be like a day at the beach. :D

Yup - its not expected to get above zero here on Saturday without the wind chill. That weather will be parked over Green bay on Sunday....it will be frigid.

Dayum the 14degree temp at kickoff for the Pats sounds downright toasty.

Judging by the total collapse of GB in freezing conditions in Chicago earlier this year, horrendous cold isn't going to be a home field advantage for the Packers. I'd say it's going to be more of a leveler and give the Giants a better chance.

Judging by the total collapse of GB in freezing conditions in Chicago earlier this year, horrendous cold isn't going to be a home field advantage for the Packers. I'd say it's going to be more of a leveler and give the Giants a better chance.

:D

Absolutely agree... for BOTH games!

GB for tomorrow nights game looks better as well as per weather.com

2 degrees with windchill making it feel like -10 ....which ofcourse is very cold but i believe there was talk of temps near -30 earlier in the week and do not believe it will reach that cold

They are now saying 0 with 10 MPH winds. No wind is usually the key problem. There may be more interceptions if WR's don't catch the ball but it should be a good game.

Bigby's hits will sting more than normal. :D

GB for tomorrow nights game looks better as well as per weather.com

2 degrees with windchill making it feel like -10 ....which ofcourse is very cold but i believe there was talk of temps near -30 earlier in the week and do not believe it will reach that cold

I was about to post the same thing. There's a big difference between -30 and -12. When it's that cold, I swear I can feel every degree the temp drops.

I'll never forget the only game I've seen at Lambeau...I was about 10 years old, and I don't remember who we were playing. All I know is that it was -23, and thankfully the Packers were comfortably ahead in the third quarter. My uncle, who took me and two of my cousins to the game, told us to stop complaining about the cold -- otherwise, he was taking us home. I thought to myself, "That's your threat? This is freaking miserable." Of course, my cousins and I agreed we were ready to go. Mind you, I had five layers on top, three layers below the waist, three pairs of socks, and winter boots on...and I STILL couldn't feel my toes after about an hour. Plus, I was completely excited to go to the game. That all evaporated about five minutes after my feet went numb.

I know the Packers played poorly in Chicago in the cold, but I still think the weather conditions are a big advantage for the home team. The team playing in its own stadium is going to be naturally more mentally comfortable, which is the key. You never want to disappoint your home fans, but especially when your fans are sitting in the cold -- no heaters, no blood-pumping activity (only booze) -- and you STILL lose, it's that much more embarrassing for the players. So, I believe it's an added emotional/mental advantage for the home team.

Meanwhile, because the road team players are freezing, it's that much easier for them to take on the "Screw it, let's get this overwith and go home" mentality. As we all know, in any game situation, the spread of that single thought is the fatal blow for a road team.

As Favre said, it will be a game of wills -- not athletic prowess. If the Giants are able to "outwill" the Packers in Lambeau's -10-degree weather, I'll be extremely surprised and impressed.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead