[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman wants to be a Cowboy

ebartender

Rotoworld:

ESPN's John Clayton reports suspended CB Pacman Jones is likely to be reinstated before the NFL Draft in late April.

Clayton confirms that Dallas is showing the most early interest, but won't rule out New Orleans or New England as suitors. If Jones is reinstated sooner than expected as Clayton alludes to, several other clubs will likely jump into the mix. Clayton believes a fifth-round pick could get a Pacman trade done.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotoworld:

The jacked up because at the end of the day. No 5th round CB is going to make the same impact Pacman will. This is going to be somewhat similar to the Randy Moss trade. If the team keeps him on the field his impact will affect the losses a team could have had to wins.

Could you imagine getting a player of Pacman's caliber for only a 5th rd pick? Crazy what being a troubled character will do to your overall value. He just might be worth taking a risk on. :wacko:

No one seems to be concerned with the fact that he hasn't been on a football field in over a year. 2 years? I've lost track.

Who knows what kind of shape he's in, or if he can even get back to what he once was?

So, there's a little bit more risk to sprinkle over his risky self.

Pacman <------------------------------ ten foot pole

Here are some bits from Pacman Jones' THREE-HOUR interview :wacko: with Michael Irvin here in Dallas. The Titans' suspended corner is expected to catch a plane back home later this afternoon. Has an NFL player ever spent more time as a radio guest? Got to be some kind of record.

**On why he's hoping the Cowboys will try to acquire him:

"Mostly it was a childhood dream and the Cowboys are America's Team, period and point blank. This is where I want to be and hopefully it'll work out in the long run and I can get here really, really quick."

**On whether the Cowboys' Super Bowl chances would improve if he came aboard:

"I would say it would improve a lot. I'm a high-intense player. I play with passion. It ain't so second doubt about going half-speed, just like driving a car without a seat belt. I'm great at what I do." :D

**If he was Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, what kind of pitch would he want to hear:

"Just the honest truth, man, and see if I'm passionate about wanting to change or am I passionate about changing from the old Pac, about getting things right and stop making the terrible decisions that I made. As long as he feels that I'm telling him the truth, I think if I was Jerry I would give me another shot."

**On his punt return ability:

"I'm good for at least four touchdowns a year."

**On whether he expects to be reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"Of course I do. As long as I keep doing what I'm supposed to do and keep my head clean I will get reinstated.

**On when he sees that happening:

"I'm praying it'll be before the draft. April 10 would be a whole year (suspended) for me."

**On whether he would stay out of gentleman's clubs if he came to Dallas:

"I cannot say ever, ever, but I can say they won't see me in the next three, four years in one because this is what I have to do these next three, four years to change." :D:brew:

--

Suspended Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has indeed arrived in the Dallas area on Tuesday, sitting in studio for the Michael Irvin Show (ESPN 103.3 FM). He's already answered a variety of questions about his personal life, starting with a troubled childhood in which he lost his father as a young boy.

Jones is now addressing his various run-ins with the law, one by one, and eventually will talk about his interest in possibly joining the Cowboys during this three-hour show. Jones, of course, remains under contract with Tennessee and it remains uncertain if and when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will lift his suspension.

"I know most people are going to believe what they read, but that's why I'm here - to put my point on everything that's happened," Jones said. "Not saying that I've not made no bad decisions because I've made some bad decisions. But at this point in my life I'm in the turning stage of getting it back where it should be."

IMO he'd definitely be a welcome addition. Especially for a 5th rounder. If he doesn't work out, then it was just a 5th rounder. And it's not like he will tarnish the image of the Dallas Cowboys because, well, face it... it's the Dallas Cowboys.

Guest Chappy
Schefter says a deal with the Cowboys is imminent. I hope the POS is in jail before their bye week.

I tell you what, if they don't give up much for him, he's ready to focus and play football, his contract is based on incentives and somehow he can stay on the straight and narrow (tough to see it happening) Pacman could end up being a real steal for the Cowboys. He'd be an immediate upgrade at CB and as a RS.

I tell you what, if they don't give up much for him, he's ready to focus and play football, his contract is based on incentives and somehow he can stay on the straight and narrow (tough to see it happening) Pacman could end up being a real steal for the Cowboys. He'd be an immediate upgrade at CB and as a RS.

He is a talented football player, no doubt, but a worthless human being. Trading for this guy just speaks to JJ's character.

Guest Chappy
He is a talented football player, no doubt, but a worthless human being. Trading for this guy just speaks to JJ's character.

100% agree on all counts.

So have we not already established that JJ has no character to begin with? Pacman will come here and be the 4th or 5th high profile personality in Dallas, if that. The media will give him his due 15 minutes, and then it will get back to the Romo-Owens-Wade-Garrett-Barber circus it was last year.

So have we not already established that JJ has no character to begin with? Pacman will come here and be the 4th or 5th high profile personality in Dallas, if that. The media will give him his due 15 minutes, and then it will get back to the Romo-Owens-Wade-Garrett-Barber circus it was last year.

That circus is not a criminal circus. Big difference. The fact that Fox/ Romo created a Jessica Simpson theme , Owens is a controversy machine, Wade/ Garret (not much of a circus IMO) Barber :wacko: Not sure of the circus there as well. We need a CB as talented as Pacman. Its a big weakness for Dallas and aside from Penalties the reason we cant stop anyone on 3rd down. That being said I dont want him on my team. It looks like it is going to possibly happen . If it does I hope he helps us win games and I hope he keeps his nose clean but even if both of those things happen it doesnt get rid of the stench :mrcliche: When you lay down in the garbage you begin to smell like it :mrcliche: