[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama wins big in S Carolina

Randall

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. CNN projected an Obama victory based on exit polling, but the 70% he started out with has already fallen to 58%.

true but i would believe their is enough info to give him the victory , no ?

then again , hanging chads still fresh in my mind :wacko:

true but i would believe their is enough info to give him the victory , no ?

then again , hanging chads still fresh in my mind :wacko:

But there's a big difference between an Obama landslide and a victory of a few percentage points. And yes, you're right, it wouldn't be the first time people lied to an exit pollster.

Over 2-1 for Obama. Edwards got the white vote and hope he stays in the race. If he gets 15% in these primaries he may have an influence.

Maybe this will stop smearing and focus on who is the best candidate. :wacko:

Naah what was a Itninking?

A vote for Barack Hussein Obama is a vote for a Republican president.

Psst. All the polls show Barack Hussein Obama doing better against a Republican nominee in the general election than Clinton. Please explain what you mean without resorting to copying and pasting.

Psst.

Thats what the Republicans want you to think.

Baa Baa

In regards to your sigline, here's what Republicans would prefer you not know:

A famous "quotation: by George Washington:

According to about 580 web sites, George Washington stated:

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."

According to Wikipedia:

"Washington is known to have made some official statements of public piety, but this is not one of them. Though this assertion is very widely reported to have been said in Washington's Farewell Address (17 September 1796), this is not actually the case, as any search of the documents would reveal. It has also been presented as having been part of his Proclamation on 1795-JAN-01 of 1795-FEB-19 as a day of national Thanksgiving in this form:

"It is in an especial manner our duty as a people, with devout reverence and affectionate gratitude, to acknowledge our many and great obligations to Almighty God, and to implore Him to continue and confirm the blessings we experienced. It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible. It is impossible to account for the creation of the universe, without the agency of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to govern the universe without the aid of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to reason without arriving at a Supreme Being. Religion is as necessary to reason, as reason is to religion. The one cannot exist without the other. A reasoning being would lose his reason, in attempting to account for the great phenomena of nature, had he not a Supreme Being to refer to."

In the above paragraph the italicized portion appears to be entirely bogus, and there is no actual record of such a statement ever having been made by Washington. The first sentence is an almost accurate rendition of one from Washington's official proclamation, being a portion of this segment:

"In such a state of things it is in an especial manner our duty as a people, with devout reverence and affectionate gratitude, to acknowledge our many and great obligations to Almighty God and to implore Him to continue and confirm the blessings we experience.
 Deeply penetrated with this sentiment, I, George Washington, President of the United States, do recommend to all religious societies and denominations, and to all persons whomsoever, within the United States to set apart and observe Thursday, the 19th day of February next as a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, and on that day to meet together and render their sincere and hearty thanks to the Great Ruler of Nations for the manifold and signal mercies which distinguish our lot as a nation..."

It is to be noted that there is genuine piety expressed in this statement, but it is not of any sectarian kind, Christian or otherwise. The last portion of the bogus statement which uses it is a truncation of what might also be another genuine statement. In A Life of Washington (1836) by James K. Paulding, Washington is quoted as having stated:

It is impossible to reason without arriving at a Supreme Being. Religion is as necessary to reason as reason is to religion. The one cannot exist without the other. A reasoning being would lose his reason in attempting to account for the great phenomena of nature, had he not a Supreme Being to refer to; and well has it been said, that if there had been no God, mankind would have been obliged to imagine one.

In the spurious version of the Thanksgiving proclamation which uses a portion of this, Washington's allusions to Voltaire's famous statement that "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him" has been omitted. In the cases of these "quotations" it seems that if statements suitable to their sectarian interests do not exist, some people feel it necessary to invent them.

Here's the link:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/badquotes.htm

Now go crawl back under your rock.

Said Bill Clinton today in Columbia, SC: "Jesse Jackson won South Carolina in '84 and '88. Jackson ran a good campaign. And Obama ran a good campaign here."

This guy is a complete joke.

Gotta take issue with this. He's no joke, he's one of the most brilliant campaigners in history. The not-very-well hidden message in the statement above will not be missed by it's target audience.

Gotta take issue with this. He's no joke, he's one of the most brilliant campaigners in history. The not-very-well hidden message in the statement above will not be missed by it's target audience.

I think he's miscalculated and believes his own hype. His thinly veiled racist statements have become an albatross for HRC and people like me who were ready to vote for her are switching over to Obama. I have, and I know others who have as well.

I think he's miscalculated and believes his own hype. His thinly veiled racist statements have become an albatross for HRC and people like me who were ready to vote for her are switching over to Obama. I have, and I know others who have as well.

I hope you're right.

I have been trying to keep an open mind as to the democratic nominee, but I must agree that these Clintonian tactics are tired and ther is now little to no chance that I could support Hillary. What I have trouble deciding is whether or not they have been this slimy since the very beginning, or they are are worse now due to either by being so taken aback by Obama's success that their bitterness is showing through, or that 16 years of watching and listening to Republicans perfect these techinque that they have now sunk to a new, lower level.

I have been trying to keep an open mind as to the democratic nominee, but I must agree that these Clintonian tactics are tired and ther is now little to no chance that I could support Hillary. What I have trouble deciding is whether or not they have been this slimy since the very beginning, or they are are worse now due to either by being so taken aback by Obama's success that their bitterness is showing through, or that 16 years of watching and listening to Republicans perfect these techinque that they have now sunk to a new, lower level.

I also want to give Obama credit as well: I'm tired of the "I'll govern by 51%" which began under Clinton, but was perfected by Bush. Come to think of it, Clinton never even got 50%.