[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody watching The Wire?

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

It started a little slow, but it's on fire now.......

The Death of Prop Joe was big....

The Greek selling out Prop Joe was a bad move, IMO. With Joe and Hungry Man out of the way, and Slim probably ducking out of the picture for a while, I'm really curious to see how the co-op reacts to power move.

I'm interested in seeing Omar go on the war path again. That dude is so cunning. Chris and Snoop are probably the toughest foes he's faced, though.

Edited by yo mama

this has been a great season. i can't wait for them to figure out that weasel at the sun has been making stuff up. i also can't wait to see what omar does. i really think marlo will make the same mistakes everyone else on the show does, though -- his head gets too big and he effs up. if the greeks don't get him, omar will. i wonder what will happen to michael, though. omar said he's going after all of marlo's underlings, so looks like michael will probably get it.

the tv critic at the sf chronicle said it appears the writers for "the wire" are pretty intent on tying up all the loose ends, unlike "the sopranos," so with only 10 episodes this season, expect the pace to be pretty brisk.

I didn't watch the previews for next week, so... are we sure that Prop Joe was killed? The gun fired but we did not see any proof. i.e. blood, Joe slumped over, etc...

i have to think he's dead. the wire hasn't been known to trick people like that. i think they didn't show it because chris blew the guy's brains out, and they probably didn't feel like being that graphic.

we stopped watching the previews after the season opener, when the previews showed marlo showing up at the jail and being surprised by avon. it pisses me off when scenes that are obviously meant as a surprise are ruined in the freakin' previews.

I watched the first two seasons, but I haven't watched since then. From what I've read, I should probably get the other season on Netflix now.

this is the fifth season, so you've missed the two prior to this one. both of them were excellent.

Amazing show, my fav on TV.

The drama of seeing Marlo take over is intense. I loved following the lives of the four school kids in Season 4 and am curious to see how things play out with Mike and Dookie.

My brother is going to be on this Sunday nights episode as an extra. He's a co-worker of Waylon (Bubble's sponsor) and Bubbles come to pay Waylon a visit in a scene on the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

I just recently started watching The Wire...went through all 4 seasons in no time. One of my all-time favs I must say. Absolutely brilliant stuff. :wacko: There are only 10 episodes in the final season (5), so ALOT of things are going to happen in the last few...can't wait for episode 8...but hate for it all to be over. Anyone that hasn't seen it, it's definitely worth your time.

Edited by Hitman

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler from the epdisode that airs on Sunday Feb 24:

RIP Omar

I never did like that little kid who pulled the trigger

Me either, just ruined my hopes for the end of the season