[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can travel anywhere in the world for up to a month

Sugar Magnolia

If I could go anywhere in the world, it'd have to Australia and New Zealand. One day....

If we do a month long trip it will be hard to get Mr. Sugar away during golfing season which is April-October.

Perfect. Weather will be nice there during our winter months. I know a few people who have been there for 2 weeks to 1 month. The 2 weekers, wish they went for a month.

Someday, I'll be there myself.

ETA: My sister and BIL went to Peru and loved it, but that was just a one week trip really.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the back to back idea... I would tour Europe starting in Rome and working my way up to England. We did this on our honeymoon 10+ years ago.. We did it as a motorcoach tour (which I would of never thought I would do, but it was great as everything was taken care of for you) we did a lot of side trip on this tour as well.

The trip of my life was when we went on safari in Kenya and Tanzania... A safari is definetly the best trip in my mind!! I think we did 17 days, but there was a two week option...

speaking of dangerous places.....would love to go to egypt, israel, and beirut to see the history. heard that the beirut shoreline was one of the most beautiful before the bombing.

Dude, I can honestly say that that is one part of the world I have no interest whatsoever in seeing. Don't really care to see the orient either.

Europe, Australia, and South America would be destinations.

What about the good old USA?

May be a great trip to rent a motorhome and cruise America for a month. You could take the dogs, camp out, stay in a hotel when necessary. And you could see a lot of America. You wouldn't need a passport, you could probably get Huddler's across America to buy you a beer everywhere you go, see some great scenary, local festivals, etc.

What about the good old USA?

May be a great trip to rent a motorhome and cruise America for a month. You could take the dogs, camp out, stay in a hotel when necessary. And you could see a lot of America. You wouldn't need a passport, you could probably get Huddler's across America to buy you a beer everywhere you go, see some great scenary, local festivals, etc.

I've done RVing, the first time for over two weeks round the Rockies. Went over 3,000 miles and it was awesome. You get to see a whole heck of a lot you wouldn't any other way

Pacific Rim tour. Hit the Orient through Australia/New Zealand.

I would love to cap it off with visit to Antarctica. Yes, I'm crazy.

It's one of the few places on Earth where only "thousands" of humans have ever been to.

Antarctica would be one hell of a trip, if only for the conversation piece.

Very hard to beat when you say you've walked with penguins in their natural habitat.

Don't really care to see the orient either.

Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is my absolute favorite show on TV. I heard a radio interview with him recently and he said "My entire goal in life right now is to have the Travel Channel pay for me to hang out in Asia". He loves the entire continent, and from the episodes of his show there, it looks like an amazing place to travel to.

Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is my absolute favorite show on TV. I heard a radio interview with him recently and he said "My entire goal in life right now is to have the Travel Channel pay for me to hang out in Asia". He loves the entire continent, and from the episodes of his show there, it looks like an amazing place to travel to.

I dunno.Just not my taste I guess.

I do like the idea of RV'ing around the USA though.

Buuuut..... if sky was the limit, my first choice would be Australia, then Europe, then Brazil and Argentina.

I don't really get all of the love for Australia. It doesn't really have any history, it's culture is not overly dissimilar to our own, and we have oceans and deserts in the US too. Why is it at the top of so many people's dream vacation spots?

Very good point. I think there is a perception it must be very unique because its so far away from everything else. In reality, its very similar to any western country -- different but not worth the hella trip to get there.

I don't really get all of the love for Australia. It doesn't really have any history, it's culture is not overly dissimilar to our own, and we have oceans and deserts in the US too. Why is it at the top of so many people's dream vacation spots?

Unique fauna and a perception of a laid back lifestyle? :wacko:

I agree you would think that but I have been there and it is at the top of my list. I have traveled quite a bit - Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Paris, Munich, African Safari, Cape Town, Hawaii, SoCal, Acapulco, Cancun

Australia was my favorite. Sydney has a feel of New York city when you are deep in the city but you walk two blocks hop on a water taxi and 10 minutes later you are on a beautiful beach and no idea you are 10 minutes from a hopping big city.

We have oceans but we don't have the barrier reef. That is incredible - there is a reason it is one of the wonders of the world. The US does not have a rain forest and spending a day hiking in the rain forest was amazing - Even licked the ass of a green ant and it tasted awesome - took a while for the dude to convince me - saw endangered animals.

Just a lot to see and do and a downright beautiful place but then again I live in Green Bay??

I agree you would think that but I have been there and it is at the top of my list. I have traveled quite a bit - Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Paris, Munich, African Safari, Cape Town, Hawaii, SoCal, Acapulco, Cancun

Australia was my favorite. Sydney has a feel of New York city when you are deep in the city but you walk two blocks hop on a water taxi and 10 minutes later you are on a beautiful beach and no idea you are 10 minutes from a hopping big city.

We have oceans but we don't have the barrier reef. That is incredible - there is a reason it is one of the wonders of the world. The US does not have a rain forest and spending a day hiking in the rain forest was amazing - Even licked the ass of a green ant and it tasted awesome - took a while for the dude to convince me - saw endangered animals.

Just a lot to see and do and a downright beautiful place but then again I live in Green Bay??

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. My sister spent a month in Australia and really liked it as well.

Given my own personal preferences, I still don't think it would close to the top of my list of dream vacation places, but I guess now I can understand better why it might be ranked highly by other people.

I grew up in Indonesia as well. Bali is a fun destination, but it is a "tourist" destination. Depends what you're looking for. There are some amazing islands out there. Lombok is one to look into, but it's grown up a lot since I was there last.

It's been almost 10 years since I was in Bali, and it was only for a week, so I'm not sure if things have changed. At the time, there was the option to go the "tourist" route by staying in great Western hotels on the beaches. But, there's also what we did, which was to stay in a city, never visiting the beaches (though I'm sure it would've been wonderfully relaxing). I was a teenager and nervous about the strange culture, but it was amazing. We took a tour to drive around the mountains and rice paddies, and they're incredible. We saw dance festivals and "luckily" caught a funeral procession. The food is delicious (and was really cheap at the time). Overall, there was definitely a non-touristy way to do it, and I think it was an amazing trip.

FWIW, we did a week in Bali before a week in Australia, which was a fairly short flight, so with all the time you have, you could definitely do a "combo" trip.

speaking of dangerous places.....would love to go to egypt, israel, and beirut to see the history. heard that the beirut shoreline was one of the most beautiful before the bombing.

Israel is a unique and beautiful country. Spent 7 months there and got to see a lot of Tel Aviv (beautiful beaches) and Jerusalem. The Old City is unlike any place on earth.... really a portal to another time. As you travel in Europe and see structures that date back 300 or 400 years old, you think "Wow, that's old." Then you go to Jerusalem and walk through a walled city that dates back over 2000 years and you realize "Now, this is REALLY old!"

Israel and Jordan are pretty easy to travel between and offer some incredibly unique places to see: the Negev Desert, the Dead Sea, Masada, the beaches in Eilat, and of course Petra. The scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark barely do it justice.

As you travel in Europe and see structures that date back 300 or 400 years old, you think "Wow, that's old." Then you go to Jerusalem and walk through a walled city that dates back over 2000 years and you realize "Now, this is REALLY old!"

Rome has structures 2000 years old too, as does Greece.