[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry if you already bought one for your sweetie...

detlef

But what the hell is up with freaking cookie bouquets? Are you kidding me?

Here honey, it's a bunch of stale cookies on sticks with crap written on them! Just wanted to show you how much I love you! You're so unique, so special, and I thought the only thing that compares to you is an oatmeal raisin cookie.

I've been hearing ads for them on sports radio now for a while. Talk about a waste of freaking money. If you want to get your lady something lame that you're going to have to make up for next year, buy her a freaking card and save some scratch.

A freaking cookie bouquet?!? Really?

Howard Stern used to do commercials on his show for Vermont Teddy Bears, a company where you customize a personalized teddy bear for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc. Like you're picking out accessories for a laptop or something. I wonder if anyone ever bought one, especially when Howard is the one telling you to buy it. What a dumb waste of money gift. It's a friggin teddy bear. . .

No doubt cookie bouquets seem tacky, however, at least you have the option of eating the cookies. Whereas flowers just sit around for about a week until they die. I always thought that the funny thing about Valentine's Day is how it's all about adding extra pressure on the guys to spoil their ladies. I mean isn't it supposed to be about both people who are in love? And yet it always ends up being all about the ladies and what they got from their counterpart. Valentine's Day turns out to be like another Anniversary or Wedding Day. I'm not saying that's how it is for me, cause it's not. But that's the overall message you get everywhere you look.

No doubt cookie bouquets seem tacky, however, at least you have the option of eating the cookies. Whereas flowers just sit around for about a week until they die. I always thought that the funny thing about Valentine's Day is how it's all about adding extra pressure on the guys to spoil their ladies. I mean isn't it supposed to be about both people who are in love? And yet it always ends up being all about the ladies and what they got from their counterpart. Valentine's Day turns out to be like another Anniversary or Wedding Day. I'm not saying that's how it is for me, cause it's not. But that's the overall message you get everywhere you look.

:wacko: This is not about how unfortunate it is that Valentines day is all commercial, rather, what a monster truck aficionado you'd have to be to buy your lady "cookie on a stick".

Frankly, even though my livelihood is dependent on people going out to eat that night, I personally wouldn't do so. I think you're better off scheduling a cleaning service to make the house look really sharp, making a nice meal, and opening up some good wine. Even if you aren't much of a cook, I'm pretty sure you can make one or two dishes well. She'll appreciate the gesture, it will be less about some showy display, and all about sharing good time together. Plus, you won't be sharing this intimate time with half the city you live in at some crowded restaurant. If you've chosen the wrong place, you're likely getting charged more than usual for the same meal you'd otherwise get because they have you by the balls.

Edited by detlef

Howard Stern used to do commercials on his show for Vermont Teddy Bears, a company where you customize a personalized teddy bear for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc. Like you're picking out accessories for a laptop or something. I wonder if anyone ever bought one, especially when Howard is the one telling you to buy it. What a dumb waste of money gift. It's a friggin teddy bear. . .

:wacko:

You know, I don't entirely agree. My wife and I were looking to get a dog for some time and had to postpone for a while when we were renting. I got her a little stuffed animal dog along with the other presents at Xmas and she really dug it. They're pretty damned cute and I used to wake her up by having it nuzzle her and such. She'd get a kick out of it.

While perhaps not the end all be all of ways to show your love to another, I think teddy bears certainly have their place.

yeah what a f'n lame idea :wacko::D

You know, I don't entirely agree. My wife and I were looking to get a dog for some time and had to postpone for a while when we were renting. I got her a little stuffed animal dog along with the other presents at Xmas and she really dug it. They're pretty damned cute and I used to wake her up by having it nuzzle her and such. She'd get a kick out of it.

The stuffed dog probably doesn't barge onto the bed and tell you when it's time to take a walk, time to get fed, time to play. My dog runs the house. That's why she's living with my folks and not me. You're smart to do it the way you are.

The stuffed dog probably doesn't barge onto the bed and tell you when it's time to take a walk, time to get fed, time to play. My dog runs the house. That's why she's living with my folks and not me. You're smart to do it the way you are.

That was then, this is now. Once we moved from CA and bought a house, we got the dog(s) we always wanted. We replaced a very cute stuffed dog with immensely lovable real ones. Yes they come and wake us, but only if we've slept in past day break :wacko: . We love our dogs.

do tell ... how is it for you superjock?

Wow! Superjock, you didn't have to go that far.

Well, all I meant there Mr. T was that my wife takes care of business just as I do. It's not a one-sided affair as we have a fantastic relationship. However, it's not too special there buddy being that we have 2 kids. That changed things up a bit, you know what I mean?

Wow! Superjock, you didn't have to go that far.

Well, all I meant there Mr. T was that my wife takes care of business just as I do. It's not a one-sided affair as we have a fantastic relationship. However, it's not too special there buddy being that we have 2 kids. That changed things up a bit, you know what I mean?

no, not completely. keep talking ...

no, not completely. keep talking ...

Well that's just too bad now isn't it. It'll be good for your imagination though. Now close your eyes and give it a shot. Be creative.