[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again?

billay

Agree with most of this but you cannot tell me that the amount we spend on defense is in any way efficient. Not even remotely close.

moneymakers is obviously one of those conservatives who believes "fiscal responsibility" is defined as "throwing money into a bottomless pit."

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: it's ok, we all knew you were lying anyway.

Well, as the resident McCain expert, you could have informed us a long time ago that he was a partisan warmonger, and saved me the trouble of finding out for myself.

Well, as the resident McCain expert, you could have informed us a long time ago that he was a partisan warmonger, and saved me the trouble of finding out for myself.

give me a break, dude. i mean look, the republican party is now trying to rally the right-wingers behind mccain, and one of the best ways to do that is to point out areas important to them where his approach would differ from obillary. foreign policy in general and the iraq war in particular is obviously going to be high on that list, so as they try and rally the base around a guy the base has serious misgivings about, that is going to be one note they strike repeatedly. nobody said chit about mushroom clouds, mccain said he will not pull out of iraq and surrender, that the war on terror is still very real and very complex requiring assertive, knowledgable leadership, that there are serious potential threats (pakistan, iran, etc) that he is better prepared to deal with, etc. none of this is even the slightest bit different from anything he has said for the last 6 years, as anyone who has been paying the slightest bit of attention can attest.

and yet, it's only once he becomes the presumptive republican nominee that suddenly you just can't in good conscience stomach it any more :wacko: you think he's great when he's bucking the republican establishment, but when the exact same guy with the exact same positions becomes the republican establishment, all of a sudden you hate him. that, my friend, is nothing but typical disingenuous partisan bullchit a la skins.

Edited by Azazello1313

:wacko: Well it only took you 4 pages to answer the question I put forth in the first place.

I suppose it's possible that these comments (which constituted the emphasis of their speeches ISMO) were specifically targeted at the audience. This is the Conservative Political Action Committee after all But this seems to represent a shift in the the Republican strategy.
the republican party is now trying to rally the right-wingers behind mccain, and one of the best ways to do that is to point out areas important to them where his approach would differ from obillary. foreign policy in general and the iraq war in particular is obviously going to be high on that list, so as they try and rally the base around a guy the base has serious misgivings about, that is going to be one note they strike repeatedly.

Was that really so hard? Or are you just that intent on not sounding like you ever agree with anybody?

:wacko: Well it only took you 4 pages to answer the question I put forth in the first place.

Was that really so hard? Or are you just that intent on not sounding like you ever agree with anybody?

it looked to me like you were answering your own question there, and you seem smart enough that you wouldn't need to have that little piece of context explained to you further. then you said you'd vote for hillary and i knew you weren't as smart as i thought :irishwink:

“I guarantee you this: If we had announced a date for withdrawal from Iraq and withdrawn troops the way that Senator Obama and Senator Clinton want to do, Al Qaeda would be celebrating that they had defeated the United States of America and that we surrendered,” Mr. McCain said at a rally in Wichita. “I will never surrender.”

Yup, my favorite party rhetoric 101...

Time to look closer at independents.

Az was in Hollywood interviewing Obama supporters the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kica8hmSdAM

...and didn't give me a ring. :wacko:

A grown man getting his jollies on belittling a young guy and then posting it on youtube (I only watched about the first 20 seconds)?

ETA: Atomics link was more enjoyable.

Edited by bushwacked

A grown man getting his jollies on belittling a young guy and then posting it on youtube (I only watched about the first 20 seconds)?

ETA: Atomics link was more enjoyable.

Well, if that's your attention span, good for you. But if you watch the whole thing every "gotcha!" question gets answered and more or less thrown back in the interviewers face to the point where I'm surprised the guy even posted it.

Well, if that's your attention span, good for you. But if you watch the whole thing every "gotcha!" question gets answered and more or less thrown back in the interviewers face to the point where I'm surprised the guy even posted it.

he posted it because he is in on it

it's a scam interview

the guy being interviewed is an actor who even had a role in the movie Amistad

Edited by wiegie

he posted it because he is in on it

it's a scam interview

the guy being interviewed is an actor who even had a role in the movie Amistad

I don't think his being in a movie makes it a "scam interview" but where are you hearing this from? If true, it's a slick piece of propaganda for sure.

moneymakers Posted Today, 2:12 PM

rofl.gif

Bushwacked's proudest moment.

I don't think his being in a movie makes it a "scam interview" but where are you hearing this from?

I'm not hearing it from anybody, it is my own conclusion. I'll certainly reconsider if you can tell me who the interviewer is and what media organization he works for (as opposed to the interviewer just being some unknown guy who (for some seemingly unknown reason) likes to post video's of himself looking like a b¦tch on youtube).

Here is a bio about the guy being interviewed--he sure as hell would be smart enough to think up and pull off this "propaganda" trick: http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/04...-licensing.html

Edited by wiegie

I'm not hearing it from anybody, it is my own conclusion. I'll certainly reconsider if you can tell me who the interviewer is and what media organization he works for (as opposed to the interviewer just being some unknown guy who (for some seemingly unknown reason) likes to post video's of himself looking like a b¦tch on youtube).

Here is a bio about the guy being interviewed--he sure as hell would be smart enough to think up and pull off this "propaganda" trick: http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/04...-licensing.html

I'm not really interested in it beyond pointing out the guy's account is 1 year old, and has only 3 videos on it - all made the day of the democratic LA debate. This one I linked to is the only one with the actor guy in it.

Beyond that, perhaps we'll never know but I do see where you're coming from.

Good point. I guess we are damned if we do and damned if we dont..Either way we look defeated

Exactly. Now that we're in over our heads on this Iraq thing(I won't call it a war), it's going to be very difficult to get out without some serious repercussions. The Repubs solution is to keep throwing money into our military in order to "stay the course". Stay the course where? Meanwhile our economy is taking a beating the likes we have never seen before,as well as the deficit.

Now I'm not buyin' this 60 day plan chit of getting our troops out. It's unfortunately going to take alot longer than that. But at least the Dems are mulling it over and trying to come up with a plan. I admit I have to do my homework more on both Obama's and Hillary's(God help me) plans. I don't wish to see the people of Iraq end up like the next Taliban lead Afghanistan either.

This will go down in the history books as one of the most destructive decisions ever made by a US president. . It was our intelligence that f'ked up. And the planning certainly was f'ked up more than anything.

Then we shouldn't have invaded in the first place.

Ding ding ding ! We've all heard the cliche "power corrupts". Well throw someone in the highest office of power in the US who has to be at least partially retarded, then what do you get? A very big mess on our hands that's called Iraq.