[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Strike is over!

kpholmes

Not so fast. Keep in mind that most of the major outlets are owned by the companies being struck against. Articles like this fly in the face of the "good faith blackout" both sides have agreed to.

Also, every time you see the line "getting the writers back to the table" it's an outright lie because it was the AMPTP that walked out of the room.

If you'd like an interesting window from some of thhe people on the ground go here:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

Here's the first 3 paragraphs from that site:

Do not, repeat, do not, believe anyone who claims that the writers strike is over yet. (Like the sign says in photos taken by Jim Stevenson from today's WGA picket at Disney Studios.) Here is what informed sources are telling me as to the WGA's plans for the next few days...

The WGA leadership is hoping to finish tonight or early tomorrow drafting the language of the deal they've negotiated with the moguls. ("Our friends at the DGA didn't leave us language that could serve as a template. In fact, the DGA has no language beyond what was in their press release because they figured they had until June to work it out," an insider tells me.)

Then the WGA intends to email to members and/or post on the WGA.org website that language so the members will have an opportunity to digest it before Saturday's meetings.

Edited by Pope Flick

Not so fast. Keep in mind that most of the major outlets are owned by the companies being struck against. Articles like this fly in the face of the "good faith blackout" both sides have agreed to.

Also, every time you see the line "getting the writers back to the table" it's an outright lie because it was the AMPTP that walked out of the room.

If you'd like an interesting window from some of thhe people on the ground go here:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

Here's the first 3 paragraphs from that site:

+1

I'll believe it when the Writers announce it.

I can think of 20 people here at the Huddle that have more talent writing than any of them. You weren't missed.

I have a friend trying to break into Hollywood. He wasn't part of the guild yet, so his scripts are getting way more attention now. So, viva la strike.

I have a friend trying to break into Hollywood. He wasn't part of the guild yet, so his scripts are getting way more attention now. So, viva la strike.

I wish him luck with that. If he's smart he can use the attention to get into the guild when this is said and done.

Good now maybe the writers can go and finish writing the other "Lost" episodes.

Here's the last 15 hours worth of events.....updates from my link in post #2.

SATURDAY AM: At 2:30 AM, the WGAW and WGAE emailed this letter {GOOD LINK} to membership with the drafted deal summary. Now the NYC WGA membership and the LA WGA membership have less than 12 hours to review it before Saturday's meetings and their leadership "takes the temperatures" of both confabs. The huge question today is whether the writers gathering for these meetings will give the WGA West and East governing bodies an unofficial OK to approve the deal. In a lightning speed schedule dictated by the Hollywood CEOs, the WGAW and WGAE governing bodies meet on Sunday to decide whether to approve the deal and call off the strike. If the labor action is stopped, writers go back at work as soon as Monday. The moguls insisted the WGA leadership call off the strike before the guild members vote on the contract. But the tentative deal cannot be formally accepted until the WGAE and WGAW memberships ballotting expected within the next two weeks.

10:40 PM: An insider just told me, "They're going to work til it's done. My best guess is they'll have something at midnight. The WGA side yells at [Peter] I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?n, and then I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?n yells at Nick [Counter] and Carol [Lombardini, AMPTP's executive vice president for business and legal affairs] who is really the brains behind the AMPTP operation. But the AMPTP had this stuff on Tuesday and didn't come back with comments until 5 PM today. It's a cluster (the really bad word). But no draft, no meetings Saturday."

7:08 PM: United Hollywood, the officially unofficial communications blog of the WGA and is lobbying in favor of the deal, confirms my info on what is going down between the guilds and the mogul lawyers in drafting the deal language:

The Strike Captains met at the WGA Theater today and we were allowed to look at the NOT FINISHED Terms Of Agreement. The reason that the Guild has not published them to everyone in the membership is because they ARE NOT FINISHED. In fact, still today the negotiating team has to fight the AMPTP lawyers on drafting legal language that the lawyers keep backsliding on – which sounds like, “Nope, my boss never agreed to that.” Then our leadership shows them their notes from the meeting. They say, “Well, here are our notes,” which contradict – so the leadership has to call up I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?n and Iger – who then have to call their lawyers and tell them to back-off. Then, the music stops and they scramble for chairs.

If the AMPTP lawyers don’t hammer out the legal language tonight in a fair way that was agreed upon by all parties, and get it signed by their CEO bosses by midnight tonight (the agreed upon deadline) then it only hurts the AMPTP and the entire town, because there is no way the leadership will show it to us until it’s finalized. They know too well how slippery these folks are – once you tell your membership this is what it will be – well then the lawyers have no incentive to improve on the legal language.

So, that is why you haven’t seen the terms and deal points yet. However, as soon as the ink is dry – they will be emailed to you both in summary and in longform immediately by your guild (East and West). Hopefully, that will be tonight, or early tomorrow morning. This way they can be studied and discussed before the general assemblies (East and West) tomorrow.