[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cheney going back to the hunting ranch

isleseeya

I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than get a ride home with Ted Kennedy.

:wacko: Perch's sigline: "I would rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than ride over a bridge in 67 Olds with Ted Kennedy."

Edited by Big John

At least Dick would call for help instead of coming back in the morning after sleeping it off.

:D

Cheney claimed he wasn't drinking before the incident, but promptly made himself a coctail after the incident and before the police showed up...

Secret Service barred the police from interviewing Cheney until the next day.

:wacko: Sounds like Ted to me.

:D

Cheney claimed he wasn't drinking before the incident, but promptly made himself a coctail after the incident and before the police showed up...

Secret Service barred the police from interviewing Cheney until the next day.

:wacko: Sounds like Ted to me.

yup

Seriously, how many hunters out there haven't been peppered while bird hunting?

At least a couple of times by friends that are extremely responsible hunters that had not had a drink. Sometimes a person is not where they're supposed to be or gets turned around in thick brush, and stuff goes wrong.

At least a couple of times by friends that are extremely responsible hunters that had not had a drink. Sometimes a person is not where they're supposed to be or gets turned around in thick brush, and stuff goes wrong.

Bullpoopy. "stuff goes wrong"??? "extremely responsible hunters" don't touch the trigger unless absolutely positive of what's going on around them. :wacko:

Seriously, how many hunters out there haven't been peppered while bird hunting?

I've been peppered, but peppering doesn't happen at 20 yards. Cheney jacked his buddy up when you consider he was throwing 8s through a gun choked for quail.

I took the fringe of a goose load of 2s at about 60 yards - one through and through on the edge of my arm and another pellet hit the nylon strap of my waders and still stung like a motha.

Bullpoopy. "stuff goes wrong"??? "extremely responsible hunters" don't touch the trigger unless absolutely positive of what's going on around them. :wacko:

Whatever . . .

We hunt a few gnarly, thick river bottoms for pheasants where it is fairly easy to get turned around working running roosters. Over the years, I've been peppered by my cousin once and a good buddy once. Both times, I was about 80 yards away, and the shot felt like a hard rain. I spend 30 days or more a season in the field with my dogs and hunt with both guys a ton. They are both the epitompy of "responsible hunters", but there are times when we are not in control of all the variables.

At the same time, I don't make a practice of hunting with 80 year-old, senile men that can't tell the difference between me and a bird at 15 yards.

Whatever . . .

We hunt a few gnarly, thick river bottoms for pheasants where it is fairly easy to get turned around working running roosters. Over the years, I've been peppered by my cousin once and a good buddy once. Both times, I was about 80 yards away, and the shot felt like a hard rain. I spend 30 days or more a season in the field with my dogs and hunt with both guys a ton. They are both the epitompy of "responsible hunters", but there are times when we are not in control of all the variables.

At the same time, I don't make a practice of hunting with 80 year-old, senile men that can't tell the difference between me and a bird at 15 yards.

I don't want to come off like Johnny game warden here but.....is killing a ringneck worth peppering your buddy at 80 yds? Every hunter ( including me) thinks that where they hunt is the thickest, nastiest place on earth. If I'm not sure where my hunting buddy is, I'm not shooting. It's simple really. :wacko:

I don't want to come off like Johnny game warden here but.....is killing a ringneck worth peppering your buddy at 80 yds? Every hunter ( including me) thinks that where they hunt is the thickest, nastiest place on earth. If I'm not sure where my hunting buddy is, I'm not shooting. It's simple really. :D

concur :wacko:

I don't want to come off like Johnny game warden here but.....is killing a ringneck worth peppering your buddy at 80 yds? Every hunter ( including me) thinks that where they hunt is the thickest, nastiest place on earth. If I'm not sure where my hunting buddy is, I'm not shooting. It's simple really. :wacko:

For the record, I have never peppered anyone and was not happy about getting peppered. I was just trying to point out that things like that can and do happen outside of a group of drunk slobs.