[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yet another school shooting

Ursa Majoris

geez have we reached critical mass in our population or what...I mean it's like mice in a confined space...why cant these people just (sorry to say) kill themselves and get it over with instead of turning other peoples lives upside down. I hope and pray no other lives are lost by those involved...I don't get it...and never will!!

This stuff is horrible. I remember a few weeks after colombine a kid in one of my classes in high school brought a gun to school. Luckily it was taken care of before anything could happen. That scared the crap out of me, I can't imagine what it would have been like if it had escalated. My heart goes out to those up North. :wacko:

CNN reporting 17 wounded, three critically. Gunman killed himself, apparently. Weapon appears to be a shotgun.

Now 19 and 4! :wacko: The hospital involved is rather small. I wonder how they are dealing w/ this. I have a feeling I will be hearing helicopters over my house tonight, as I live 1/2 mile from a major hospital 30 miles east. There was a racial incident there back in early Dec.

heart breaking and so senseless

prayers for the victims and families and hoipefully somehow and end to these scenes and occurrences

Isle,

Your focus is better than mine. I saw the atrocity and got angry, but you saw the families! Bless you for that. :wacko:

Last I heard is 4 dead plus the mofo, so 5 total. May God Bless each and every one of the survivors and their families.

Please let 5 be the max! Why.........dammit..................WHY?????

:D I guess this just strikes too close to home. Sorry!

Edited by rocknrobn26

There's no end to it when the press makes such a spectacle out of it. These gunmen want fame...and we give it to them. I know news should be reported, but maybe stuff like this shouldn't.

I very much struggle with this as well.

Prayers to the victims and their families.

Isle,

Your focus is better than mine. I saw the atrocity and got angry, but you saw the families! Bless you for that. :wacko:

Last I heard is 4 dead plus the mofo, so 5 total. May God Bless each and every one of the survivors and their families.

Please let 5 be the max! Why.........dammit..................WHY?????

:D I guess this just strikes too close to home. Sorry!

getting mad is just fine RR.. no worries

My sister's friend who is a former Marine was somewhat close by when this was happening and was sprinting towards where the gunman was but got there when the gunman had just died. I've always looked up to this guy and this just adds to my respect to him. :wacko:

I'm also really happy that none of my friends were harmed as I have many who are currently going to NIU.

I am an Alum from NIU! :wacko::D

I earned one of my BS degrees from NIU, and I'm just as :moon: and :D as you are RR. So g.d. senseless. I was stunned when I first saw the coverage on the Chicago television stations. Stuff like this just doesn't happen down there. Of course that is probably what the Virginia Tech folks thought about their campus.

I remember taking some of my gen. ed. classes at Cole Hall as a freshman. It was kind of intimidating. It's a large auditorium that has rows and rows of seats like a movie theater. I think they could fit at least 500 students in there if they needed to. The professor would lecture on a stage in front of the class using an overhead projector. There are no adjoining hallways in the main lecture hall either. With that layout, there was really nowhere for those poor kids to hide from the gunman. All they could do was crawl under seats or run up the isles to the doors. :guns::brew::brow:

The nearby Kishwaukee hospital is a good facility, but they don't usually deal with stuff like this.

My prayers go out to those poor kids, the victims and the victims' families.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

My sister's friend who is a former Marine was somewhat close by when this was happening and was sprinting towards where the gunman was but got there when the gunman had just died. I've always looked up to this guy and this just adds to my respect to him. :wacko:

I'm also really happy that none of my friends were harmed as I have many who are currently going to NIU.

It's what Marines do. Too bad he didn't get there and killed that sob himself. My prayers to all the families. Just so pointless and heartbreaking.

These stories are so terribly sad. Prayers to the injured, deceased and the families involved. Promising lives rubbed out senselessly just rips your heart out.