[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lucid

bigrocks

When I was in Mollie's Bar on Toulouse a few weeks back, the bar tender was pouring something from a wicked looking bottle for some patrons... upon inquiring, he told me it was the first absinthe legal in the US since prohibition.

I didn't try it that particular night since I had to work early the next day and wasn't sure what may happen to me in the French Quarter upon drinking distilled wormwood... :wacko:

However, I just bought a bottle of Lucid today ($65) and am going to try it in the safety of my home this evening. Has anyone tried it... what if anything should I expect?

When I was in Mollie's Bar on Toulouse a few weeks back, the bar tender was pouring something from a wicked looking bottle for some patrons... upon inquiring, he told me it was the first absinthe legal in the US since prohibition.

I didn't try it that particular night since I had to work early the next day and wasn't sure what may happen to me in the French Quarter upon drinking distilled wormwood... :wacko:

However, I just bought a bottle of Lucid today ($65) and am going to try it in the safety of my home this evening. Has anyone tried it... what if anything should I expect?

when were you in new orleans? i was there for mardi gras 2 weekends ago.... and yeah we heard about the absinthe but decided to stay away

good luck!

Here's the website for Lucid... Lucid

I was in NOLA mid November and again in late December. I love hanging at Mollies... mostly locals but a fair mix of crazy's stopping by. The bartenders are all good folks and they have free WiFi!

The thing that caught my attention about Lucid was the bottle... the bartender picked it up to pour it several times and I could swear the eyes were following me.

I saw it the other day in the liquor store and thought it must be some kinda knockoff since absinthe isnt legal here. Defenitly give us a full report (while intoxicated) I have wanted to try absinthe for a long while.

Lucid is made from Grande Wormwood, the same ingredients that could be found in traditional absinthes. It's 100% legal in the US with some restrictions. Basically they allow a smaller "dosage" here in the US.

IIRC, there is some absinthe you can obtain illegally over in Europe that is way more potent.

Now, I wouldn't go driving any heavy machinery though. :wacko:

Right. Because Twiley is normally out there driving heavy machinery when he's sober. :D

I've had it. Some guys brought a bottle to the last poker night. Honestly, didn't seem to have the same kick as the stuff I had back in Europe. 'Course, I was 16 back then and my liver wasn't as street smart as it is now.

Edited by yo mama

Bah, I'll take it straight from the bottle. :wacko:

I actually might look for a bottle of this tonight. Just got my returns so I think I can swing $65 on a bottle.

It'll be a little bitter but won't kill you.

Unless you drink the whole bottle in one sitting. :D

It'll be a little bitter but won't kill you.

Unless you drink the whole bottle in one sitting. :wacko:

Apparently, Vincent Van Gogh was a big absinthe drinker. So, perhaps it won't kill you, but you might end up cutting off a body part or two...

You don't really trip on it, even if you're drinking the authentic stuff that has more thujone. Most of those stories are bunk. It's just a different kind of drunk IMO.

It's potent stuff, but no worse than any other high proof booze. I've heard that the thujone can counter toxic effects of the alcohol and wormwood so you can drink more/longer, but who the heck knows.

Considering absinthe's reputation, the company selling Lucid will obviously make a killing. Don't be surprised if you see other brands pop up.

You don't really trip on it, even if you're drinking the authentic stuff that has more thujone. Most of those stories are bunk. It's just a different kind of drunk IMO.

It's potent stuff, but no worse than any other high proof booze. I've heard that the thujone can counter toxic effects of the alcohol and wormwood so you can drink more/longer, but who the heck knows.

Considering absinthe's reputation, the company selling Lucid will obviously make a killing. Don't be surprised if you see other brands pop up.

Yeah, the whole hallucination stuff is crap.

WEll, I've tried it the traditional French way... poured over a sugar cube, and also with a shot of vodka to make a Lucid Martini. Either way it tastes like the ass end of a licorce plant. But it is definitely mind altering.

WEll, I've tried it the traditional French way... poured over a sugar cube, and also with a shot of vodka to make a Lucid Martini. Either way it tastes like the ass end of a licorce plant. But it is definitely mind altering.

:wacko:

I love ouzo and sambuca so it was never an issue.