[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

History is being made at Jujube

detlef

It is 10:30pm on Friday night. Our first table this evening sat at 5:45. They are still here and going strong. For those bad at math, they are 15 minutes away from being here for 5 hours. No normal size table had ever even broken 4 hours before so this is Bob Beamon stuff we're talking about here. Pushing the bar out so far that nobody will ever reach it.

Party of 2. 3 bottles of wine plus two glasses each one of which they just got so they're not getting up any time soon. Every other table is on entrees, so there's an outside chance that they may be the first sat and last to leave. That would be freaking awesome! Not on some quiet Monday where we might do only 50 or so. First sat and last to leave out of over 150 patrons. Baller. All I can say is baller.

They're Dutch. Dutch people know how to party.

Better call 'em a cab. :wacko:

Let us know the bill and if they use a CC. :D:D

Serve 'em up a Granny's Revenge on me.

$285 and counting.

3 bottles Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc @ $50

2 Tasting menus at $40

5 glasses Rioja at $7

They're Dutch, they'll be fine.

The entire staff is fired up. But the Euro tip thing does bring up a scary element. I think I'm going to go f with the waiter about it.

Oh crap, they're DUTCH! I just got it. My one time in Holland I asked the waiter if we were supposed to tip after a meal and he was real honest about it, he said tipping wasn't expected, and is only done in the case of extremely good service. Like, hum job under the table good.

OK, update:

There are 4 tables left including them. Two have paid. One is done but hasn't paid yet (however, it's my wife and two friends and they've told me they won't stand in the way of history. So if it comes down to them and the Dutch, they'll get up first.

OK, update:

There are 4 tables left including them. Two have paid. One is done but hasn't paid yet (however, it's my wife and two friends and they've told me they won't stand in the way of history. So if it comes down to them and the Dutch, they'll get up first.

It's tainted. Gotta let the chips fall where they may.

Tell your wife and friends to nut up and kick the dutch ass. :wacko::D:D

Tip?

"Better than 20%" according to the waiter.

detlef is the proprietor not the waiter ... he got his when the bill was paid ... he doesn't care about the tip

They're like children that I tax. Of course I care about my waiters.