[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vilma given permission to seek trade

rajncajn

As well have read Jets are after Shaun Rogers, maybe a trade and a draft pick or 2 from the Jets?

(Rotoworld) The NY Daily News believes the Jets may have to add a late-round pick to the deal to swing a Jonathan Vilma-for-Shaun Rogers trade.

Impact: That shouldn't be a problem. Vilma is recovering from knee surgery and only signed through 2008, while Rogers is healthy and under control through 2010. The Daily News believes there's a "real chance" this trade will happen. The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Panthers are also interested in Vilma.

(Rotoworld) The NY Daily News believes the Jets may have to add a late-round pick to the deal to swing a Jonathan Vilma-for-Shaun Rogers trade.

Impact: That shouldn't be a problem. Vilma is recovering from knee surgery and only signed through 2008, while Rogers is healthy and under control through 2010. The Daily News believes there's a "real chance" this trade will happen. The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Panthers are also interested in Vilma.

I would think it would take more than a late round pick as Vilma is not healthy, not questioning his ability. Same for Rogers, when his motor is there, he's a man amongst boys, dominant by far compared to anyone else. Problem is, that's like 10% of the time. I really wish Rogers heart matched his ability like Spielman, Zach Thomas desire. Caged Lions instead of a caged kitten. Maybe a d coordinator named Houdini, there's Rogers, now he's not. Pure abiltiy and dominance I think it'd take a day1 draft pick, minimum 3rd rounder or I don't make the trade. There's other teams interested, I'd take the best deal one can get or keep what you have.

:wacko:

Jets dealing Vilma to Saints for conditional pick

BY TOM ROCK | tom.rock@newsday.com

11:36 PM EST, February 28, 2008

A deal sending Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the Saints will be completed and announced as early as this morning, according to NFL sources. The teams reached a tentative agreement Thursday night, with the Jets getting a conditional draft pick, probably in 2009, based on Vilma's performance.

I think a 2009 conditional pick is a great deal for the Saints.

Definitely excited to see the Saints are being a pro-active player in this off-seasons FA.

:wacko:

Edit: Looks like ESPN is reporting its a conditional 4th rd pick which could move up to a 3rd rd pick based on how he plays.

Edited by myhousekey