[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to Randy Moss?

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

It's being reported on the NFLN that Moss doesn't want to work with the Patriots on taking less money just to be a part of the team. He did that once last year but has no intentions on doing it again. Schefter reported about how last year Favre wanted Moss in GB but Moss didn't feel that he was being treated the way he deserved after having some phone conversations. Moss has also stated, per Schefter, that he is open to looking at offers from others teams and possibly signing elsewhere. Schefter said this is exactly the type of signing that would almost certainly keep Favre from retiring (if that's the way he was leaning).

Keep tuned in as this just might get interesting. This off-season/FA has been great!!

Edited by Chappy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors are out there that Favre is leaning towards retirement because he's unhappy that Ted Thompson hasn't been calling in weekly... Note to Brett: You're 38 years old, and you've been holding your retirement over the heads over the packers organization for years now. Ted doesn't need to call you every day to see how you're feeling. You're a grown man. If you want to come back, then do it. Just don't be butt hurt because Thompson has more important things to do than see how your tractor is running.

Favre last year openly criticized Thompson and the organization for not adding Moss to the team, and that just never really sat right with me. While he's been great(est ever)? for the organization for well over a decade, he is the one that threw the jump ball up at home against the Giants in OT. He isn't perfect on the field, and sometimes I get the feeling that he thinks he's flawless in what he does.

If he tries to force Thompson's hand by saying sign Moss or I'll retire, I think I'll be irate. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Randy Moss is the second greatest receiver in the history of the league, but by pulling this, you're basically saying that Jennings, Driver, and Jones can't get it done. Once again, it wasn't that trio that tossed those picks up last year...

Now if Favre just says that his decision will be a lot easier if Moss comes to Green Bay, then that's another thing all together. The idea that Favre in one way or another may potentially be holding this team hostage sickens me.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Guest Chappy
Rumors are out there that Favre is leaning towards retirement because he's unhappy that Ted Thompson hasn't been calling in weekly... Note to Brett: You're 38 years old, and you've been holding your retirement over the heads over the packers organization for years now. Ted doesn't need to call you every day to see how you're feeling. You're a grown man. If you want to come back, then do it. Just don't be butt hurt because Thompson has more important things to do than see how your tractor is running.

Favre last year openly criticized Thompson and the organization for not adding Moss to the team, and that just never really sat right with me. While he's been great(est ever)? for the organization for well over a decade, he is the one that threw the jump ball up at home against the Giants in OT. He isn't perfect on the field, and sometimes I get the feeling that he thinks he's flawless in what he does.

If he tries to force Thompson's hand by saying sign Moss or I'll retire, I think I'll be irate. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Randy Moss is the second greatest receiver in the history of the league, but by pulling this, you're basically saying that Jennings, Driver, and Jones can't get it done. Once again, it wasn't that trio that tossed those picks up last year...

Now if Favre just says that his decision will be a lot easier if Moss comes to Green Bay, then that's another thing all together. The idea that Favre in one way or another may potentially be holding this team hostage sickens me.

I didn't get the feeling from the report that that's what's happening, however, you never know. I think he meant it as if Moss signs it will most definitely lure Favre out of his retirement thoughts.

I cannot imagine Moss agreeing to go to GB unless Favre was there. I still think he remains a Pat though. They are just being stupid if they let him go IMO.

I didn't get the feeling from the report that that's what's happening, however, you never know. I think he meant it as if Moss signs it will most definitely lure Favre out of his retirement thoughts.

No, it's the report added with rumors that Favre is unhappy with Ted Thompson for not calling him enough to his liking... That and his comments about Moss last year.

Guest Chappy
No, it's the report added with rumors that Favre is unhappy with Ted Thompson for not calling him enough to his liking... That and his comments about Moss last year.

I got you. Time will tell.

I cannot imagine Moss agreeing to go to GB unless Favre was there. I still think he remains a Pat though. They are just being stupid if they let him go IMO.

I'll be shocked if/when he signs elsewhere, but then again I also thought that he would have something worked out long before free agency started. Moss's "Straight cash hommy" days are not that far behind him. If a team like the Packers was to go after him, he very well could cash in there...

Guest Chappy

Agreed. There's definitely things going on though behind the scenes that we have no idea about. If Moss joins the Packers (because they throw a boatload of $$ at him) he'll already have talked to Favre and know that he's definitely coming back before he signs. However, the Pats do like to play games with salaries thinking that players will jump at the chance to play for such a franchise. I also think that eventually the Pats will pony up the $$ and that they'd be stupid to let him walk.

Edited by Chappy

If Moss joins the Packers (because they throw a boatload of $$ at him)

Reason number one I will be shocked if this happens. Wide Receiver is not a need for the Packers, and Ted usually doesn't like to go out and make a big splash in free agency, unless of course, it's to fill a hole ie Charles Woodson.

Guest Chappy
Reason number one I will be shocked if this happens. Wide Receiver is not a need for the Packers, and Ted usually doesn't like to go out and make a big splash in free agency, unless of course, it's to fill a hole ie Charles Woodson.

I agree with you that it's not a need. However, maybe they're thinking is if they want Favre to continue playing bad enough and think he's leaning toward retirement, then maybe they throw out normal protocol on this one.

Guest Chappy
Moss has said that he doesn't want to play there and I don't want him.

:wacko:

Latest report just in... Moss will not be going to GB as TT is aware of budlitebrad's stance on not wanting Moss.

"When they started talking more about the wrong things, I just hung the phone up and didn't want to talk to them anymore. I thought at first, it's something that could have worked out, for the fact that Brett Favre was there. But I think as the conversations continued throughout the day or the next day, I didn't really want to go to Green Bay."

WAH! TT didn't polish my nuts as soon as I took his phone call. :wacko:

WAH! TT didn't polish my nuts as soon as I took his phone call. :wacko:

Thompson kept on telling him that if he was to come in, he'd have to accept that it wasn't his team, and Donald Driver was their receiver... Blah blah blah... Every player in the league has an ego, and TT just went at Moss wrong. If you were made to feel that you were not wanted there, you wouldn't want to be there either...

Mortensen said to keep an eye out on the possibility of Moss to Philly...:wacko:

however, I'd rather pay less and get Walker...and use the rest of the money elsewhere...

kevin curtis probably would have put up to the same type of numbers that welker did in NE....MOSS

is a talent.....while welker is a good player that benefited GREATLY from the scheme he was used in and

how he was used.

kevin curtis probably would have put up to the same type of numbers that welker did in NE....MOSS

is a talent.....while welker is a good player that benefited GREATLY from the scheme he was used in and

how he was used.

exactly...Curtis would be a fine #2 with Brown in the slot...

Guest Chappy

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Packers Interested In Moss?

It's believed that the Packers are still interested in WR Randy Moss if he can't get a deal done with the Patriots.

We are surprised that Moss and New England haven't negotiated a new deal yet, especially after it was believed that the two parties had a verbal agreement before free agency started. We still think that Moss will stay in New England, but it doesn't look so good with everyday that passes.

| March 01, 2008 4:13 PM

Rumors are out there that Favre is leaning towards retirement because he's unhappy that Ted Thompson hasn't been calling in weekly... Note to Brett: You're 38 years old, and you've been holding your retirement over the heads over the packers organization for years now. Ted doesn't need to call you every day to see how you're feeling. You're a grown man.
I was with you until that last part. He's a spoiled baby and a butthead. Freakin retire and do both the Pack and the football loving world a huge favor already.

he is the one that threw the jump ball up at home against the Giants in OT.
It wasn't exactly the first playoff game he personally pissed away either.

Mortensen said to keep an eye out on the possibility of Moss to Philly...:wacko:

I would love to see the spin from the philly faithful that swore off T.O types if Moss comes to town

I would love to see the spin from the philly faithful that swore off T.O types if Moss comes to town

No spin neccessary. We loved Owens when he came here until he turned into a oil and vinegar.. We would grant Moss the same deal. If he started some BS.. W would respond accordingly. It would be fun to see D-Mac and Moss vs. Romo and Owens twice a year if it worked out.