[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to Randy Moss?

Guest Chappy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see the spin from the philly faithful that swore off T.O types if Moss comes to town

No spin neccessary. We loved Owens when he came here until he turned into a oil and vinegar.. We would grant Moss the same deal. If he started some BS.. W would respond accordingly. It would be fun to see D-Mac and Moss vs. Romo and Owens twice a year if it worked out.

did you see Randy's stat-line in the playoffs?...

after the wins, he sounded upbeat as ever...

and so it begins

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Packers Interested In Moss?

It's believed that the Packers are still interested in WR Randy Moss if he can't get a deal done with the Patriots.

We are surprised that Moss and New England haven't negotiated a new deal yet, especially after it was believed that the two parties had a verbal agreement before free agency started. We still think that Moss will stay in New England, but it doesn't look so good with everyday that passes.

| March 01, 2008 4:13 PM

I've said that the Pats will NOT pay Randy Moss what he will want. So he'll go elsewhere...but who has the wherewithall and/or desire to take him on?

Washington - cap-strapped; no chance.

Philly - been there, done that with TO

Dallas - already have TO

Miami - :wacko:

Oakland - obvious contender if they hadn't already had their fill of Moss

Minny - already had Moss, but under old coaches, owners, etc etc. Maybe?

Green Bay - TT won't overpay for him; not a chance.

Miami is not going to bring in Moss, who by the time the dolphins are ready to put a run together will be done in the NFL.

The vikings are not going to bring Moss back, as they've just spent a ton on Berrian.

Ted Thompson won't overpay, but with a limited amount of teams that can win and have cap space, the price not be as high as we think...

I've said that the Pats will NOT pay Randy Moss what he will want. So he'll go elsewhere...but who has the wherewithall and/or desire to take him on?

Washington - cap-strapped; no chance.

Philly - been there, done that with TO

Dallas - already have TO

Oakland - obvious contender if they hadn't already had their fill of Moss

Tennessee - In desperate need of a halfway decent WR, have a QB with a strong arm, and have the defensive talent to win right now

Jacksonville - Same as above. Garrard doesn't have Vince's arm, but he's more accurate.

I wouldn't count out Dallas, either. Glenn appears to be done, T.O. isn't the downfield big play that he used to be, and Crayton is a below-average #2. Moss has more tread on his tires than T.O. and is the better long-term investment. If the cap hit is doable, signing Moss and trading Owens might be an option. It's certainly a long shot, but you never know with Jerry Jones. Hell, Jerry might even be crazy enough to run both Moss and T.O. out there.

I wouldn't count out Dallas, either. Glenn appears to be done, T.O. isn't the downfield big play that he used to be, and Crayton is a below-average #2. Moss has more tread on his tires than T.O. and is the better long-term investment. If the cap hit is doable, signing Moss and trading Owens might be an option. It's certainly a long shot, but you never know with Jerry Jones. Hell, Jerry might even be crazy enough to run both Moss and T.O. out there.

Pairing Moss and Owens is a recipe for disaster...

Pairing Moss and Owens is a recipe for disaster...

What pon said - even Jerry Jones isn't THAT stupid....

....is he? :wacko:

As for Tenn and Jax, the need is definitely there; I am not as familiar with them as you are Bill, but I don't see either of those organizations making the big plunge for an aging WR with Moss' baggage, last year's production notwithstanding.

What about Jacksonville or Tampa Bay.

Tampa has the cash. Galloway is getting old and Moss would like a coach like Gruden that means business.

Jacksonville - he would be reunited with his old coach. Not sure if they have the money, but wasn't that one of Moss' reported choices to in free agency?

TO doesn't have a ring does he? And, we all know that Randy doesn't...

So, they may be more open to playing together than many of you speculate that they'd be...

i dont think dallas has the cap room to sign moss

TO doesn't have a ring does he? And, we all know that Randy doesn't...

So, they may be more open to playing together than many of you speculate that they'd be...

If he cared that much about a ring he would have resigned in New England. He wants to be the go to guy on a contending team that will pay him... I think the only spot he'd land outside of New England would be Philly, Green Bay, or New England.

i dont think dallas has the cap room to sign moss

They had about 7 million going in before they resigned Adams... I think you're right.

Edited by piratesownninjas

If he cared that much about a ring he would have resigned in New England. He wants to be the go to guy on a contending team that will pay him... I think the only spot he'd land outside of New England would be Philly, Green Bay, or New England.

They had about 7 million going in before they resigned Adams... I think you're right.

:wacko:

What pon said - even Jerry Jones isn't THAT stupid....

....is he? :wacko:

You never know with Jerry (and Al Davis). :D

Agreed that it's probably not going to happen.

As for Tenn and Jax, the need is definitely there; I am not as familiar with them as you are Bill, but I don't see either of those organizations making the big plunge for an aging WR with Moss' baggage, last year's production notwithstanding.

JMO, but I could see Jacksonville doing it. These guys have been contenders for the past three years and have one playoff win in two appearances to show for it... and have been Indy's b!tches since the creation of the AFC South. Their defense isn't going to be Top 10-caliber forever, so I see them as somewhat desperate to add that big-play guy to their offense. And Garrard playing really well this past season (with crap at WR) should be enough to sell the QB Competence Factor to a big-shot FA WR.

TEN has even worse WR/TE skill-position talent than JAX, but I see them as somewhat less desperate. I think that they're going to be more inclined to wait for Roydell and Scaife (and not to mention Vince) to develop.

Tampa has the cash. Galloway is getting old and Moss would like a coach like Gruden that means business.

Isn't TB something like $40 million under the cap right now? Crazy. I haven't been paying attention, but is Garcia still there? Not sure that his noodle arm would be a good match with Moss' deep routes.

My feeling is that Moss ends up in Jacksonville.

Isn't TB something like $40 million under the cap right now? Crazy. I haven't been paying attention, but is Garcia still there? Not sure that his noodle arm would be a good match with Moss' deep routes.

Garcia is still there and his arm certainly hasn't got any stronger. Allen, the Bucs GM, did say they were going after some high profile free agents though, and I'm hoping he didn't mean Faine. :wacko: I really can't imagine Moss in Tampa though, he wants a team that can win now surely?

Edited by MonkeyOne